The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As an Arsenal fan I gotta say Ozil sucks - I hate you
Why isn't Walcott and Chamberlain starting !!!!!!!
Love the Ox he adds such a spark to the offense. Sucks that they screwed up the offsides call it cost the game. Although our ball control especially from the back half was horrid in the 1st half. Cech was amazing today.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
So Birmingham City, Aston Villa and West Brom all played at home last in the league cup meaning the police must've been on alert in Birmingham City Centre. As far as I know, the night passed peacefully so the police are breathing a sigh of relief.

Not for long though because the draw for the next round throws up Aston Villa v Birmingham for the first time in four years. Beautiful. Villa are going down this season and I can't wait to heap more misery on the in-bred wastes of skin.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
UCL tables
image.jpg

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Finally Rooney ends his goal drought with a beautiful hat trick yesterday. I like our chances in group stage.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Arsenal really needs to figure out how to score goals if they want to do anything this season. Meanwhile Man City is straight up destroying anybody they come up against. Crystal Palace looks damned good too.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jingle Bells Jingle Bells Jingle all the way,
Oh what fun it is to see West Ham win away!

52 years about time we turned that lot over.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Freaking Swansea has our number. Can't complain too much they played harder and wanted it more when it counted. Thought Rooney sorted himself out... Guess not.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Arsenal really needs to figure out how to score goals if they want to do anything this season. Meanwhile Man City is straight up destroying anybody they come up against. Crystal Palace looks damned good too.

Seriously
Arsenal are signing NOBODY
We could of had Dybala or Draxler and both end up at Juve!!!!
Walcott up the middle is a horrid failure
Ozil is a waste

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Does the owner go out and do the signings/transfers or does the manager?

Owner sets the budget, manager operates within that budget, the more money you have to spend, the easier it is to sign players/keep your own players. Would have thought that was fairly obvious?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Owner sets the budget, manager operates within that budget, the more money you have to spend, the easier it is to sign players/keep your own players. Would have thought that was fairly obvious?
It is obvious but what isn't obvious is what budget Wenger operates under. Wengers reputation for wanting to do it his way with his players is also obvious. What we don't know is if Kroenke put a limit on Wenger, his other teams seem to say he hasn't. He puts sports people in charge and let's them do their thing. So by all means make all the assumptions you want, but Wenger has said he will make more transfers if he thinks it's a good signing for the club.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
It is obvious but what isn't obvious is what budget Wenger operates under. Wengers reputation for wanting to do it his way with his players is also obvious. What we don't know is if Kroenke put a limit on Wenger, his other teams seem to say he hasn't. He puts sports people in charge and let's them do their thing. So by all means make all the assumptions you want, but Wenger has said he will make more transfers if he thinks it's a good signing for the club.

I hadn't considered the possibility that Wenger is point blank refusing to spend money that Kroneke is offering up on a plate to him, and Kroenke is fine with it despite it preventing his team from being successful. Maybe you have a point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hadn't considered the possibility that Wenger is point blank refusing to spend money that Kroneke is offering up on a plate to him, and Kroenke is fine with it despite it preventing his team from being successful. Maybe you have a point.
I'm in no way saying Kroenke is a saint, but we see attacks on him all the time and they're usually based in very little fact. What we have seen is he puts sports people in charge of all his franchises and let's them do their jobs. He doesn't always put the best people in charge, see the Avalanche and Nuggets, but he lets the do their thing and he doesn't seem to fire them he lets them work out their contracts. For the Gunners I see as many people love Wegner for his game day management as hate him for his stubbornness. Unfortunately we're going to be frustrated because the most likely solution is to let things play out.