The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Damn HX, what happened man!? Got me worried about our game tomorrow now :p

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Ross County won their third game of the season today. I have missed them all. I was present at our last 12 home games, 11 of which we lost.

I'm obviously an unlucky charm!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely shit. I'm just in and I'm pissed and pissed off.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
HX... Man. Bad, bad result. Knew Big Sam wouldn't be able to keep the magic going forever.

Also, is Tony Pulis the most underrated manager in Britain? The dude consistently has the square root of fuck all to work with and he consistently gets his average players to achieve their absolute potential. The job he's done so far at WBA has been great, and his work at Palace was particularly impressive. If I'm a bigger club who has not had success for a while id be after him - Newcastle/Villa etc spring to mind. I can't work out why he's never had a bigger gig. It might be his weird cap fetish or total lack of charisma, but dude deserves a shot somewhere.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Damn HX, what happened man!? Got me worried about our game tomorrow now :p

Will you be going for it today or is the league your priority? I think Arsenal can be had, personally. Should be an entertaining game if you attack them.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Will you be going for it today or is the league your priority? I think Arsenal can be had, personally. Should be an entertaining game if you attack them.
Not sure tbh mate, the manager is always hard to predict. At the start of the season he specifically said that we aren't bothered about the cups, but against City we put out a full strength squad. I imagine we'll probably see the same today.
Whilst the league is definitely the priority, I think the fact that the game's on TV means we're more likely to go for it, try and put a positive image of the club out there...
Either way, I agree with you that Arsenal can be had. Wenger has an old habit of playing the 'kids' in the cups so if could work in our favour that way.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Horrendous news. Puts the footy in perspective. RIP

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Not gonna lie I was nervous for Man U going into the match today after last weeks epic failure. After the first half my fears were looking like reality but then Rooney saves the day with 2 goals in the 2nd half to seal the 3 points!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Apparently there's a big egg-chase on somewhere. Fuck that shit, some great footy on today. The Liverpool game was great entertainment with three really brilliant goals. Settling down to the league cup final now, don't like either team so just hoping for a decent match.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
O-town finally has a pro soccer club. Looking forward to it.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
This seasons MLS is the first to be shown live over here on a major sports channel - it used to be on an obscure subscription channel.

I like Portland timbers... Absolutely no clue why, except that their fans look absolutely mental and always seem to make tons of noise.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
This seasons MLS is the first to be shown live over here on a major sports channel - it used to be on an obscure subscription channel.

I like Portland timbers... Absolutely no clue why, except that their fans look absolutely mental and always seem to make tons of noise.

Oh no not Portland!! Anybody but them....actually to each their own I'm Sounders fan so Portland is one of our big rivalries. I'll give them credit their fans are probably the 2nd (no facts to back up just passes the eye test) most dedicated behind us.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm not a big soccer fan... but Orlando is going fucking nuts over our new MLS team. The Orlando City Lions.

If the league manages not to go on Strike in the next couple of days... there will be over 60,000 fans in the Citrus Bowl on Sunday for the opener. Over 60,000 tickets have actually been sold. Unbelievable.

My oldest even has a Orlando City magnet on the back of his truck. What the fuck is going on ? LOL

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm not a big soccer fan... but Orlando is going freaking nuts over our new MLS team. The Orlando City Lions.

If the league manages not to go on Strike in the next couple of days... there will be over 60,000 fans in the Citrus Bowl on Sunday for the opener. Over 60,000 tickets have actually been sold. Unbelievable.

My oldest even has a Orlando City magnet on the back of his truck. What the freak is going on ? LOL

Love it! You guys should be pretty good. Please don't go on strike I've got tickets to my sounders home opener Sunday.