The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpg

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You'll be giving Tubs nightmares with that picture of McLeish!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Jsimcox I don't know if I mentioned it here but when I was in London for the Dolphins/Raiders game we went to see Charlton vs Middlesbrough. You have a good side. Bamford looked good, the #3 looked really good and I really liked Clayton as well. Hope you come up this year!
Sorry for the delayed answer Scots, and thanks, yeah, as has been mentioned, #3 is George Friend. He's a massive fan favourite here, gives %200 every game. He won our player of the season award last year.
Bamford (who coincidentally scored today) is on loan from Chelsea. He has looked good so far but remarkably, has still probably been our 3rd best striker so far this season. I have really high hopes for this season, primarily because of the depth we seem to have. Never before have I felt as comfortable with our backups as I do now. We seem to have a high level of competition at pretty much every position, as evidenced by the fact that we made about 5-6 changes to our lineup today, and still won 3-0 away from home.
Karanka is the Riverside Mourinho. To lend a phrase from our American friends, i'm drinking the Kool Aid this year, and damn is it good :D

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won £150 on a four fold yesterday which included Middlesborough, so even I was pleased you won!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil

The football was utterly miserable under McLeish. He was so negative even to the degree that in the penultimate game of our last season in the Premier League we were home to Fulham with an away trip to Spurs being the final game. We were embroiled in a relegation battle but had a nice winnable game yet he sets up in a miserable 4-5-1 formation (with poor Cameron Jerome the lone striker asked to chase lost causes all day on his own). He was playing for a point!

Brede Hangeland pops up with two headers from corners and we lose 2-0 and get relegated the next week at Spurs. This game still makes me angry to this day (can you tell?).

However, he did lead us to league cup glory in 2010/2011 (@HX76 and @flv - you fellas will remember the semi final that year :sneaky:) and our best ever season in the top flight the season before. I'll always look on his time at Aston V***a with fondness as well so there are some very good points about Big Eck too

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't believe you've brought that up tubs! I was kettled for over an hour walking round the streets of Brum and missed the first 25 minutes of the kick off only to see us capitulate from being 3-1 up on aggregate. Thanks for that West Midlands old bill. That lanky piece of shit Zigic terrorised us. Still least we went out to the eventual winners of the tournament.

One thing I would say is that St. Andrews is probably the one ground where I haven't felt comfortable coming out the three times I've been there. That'll make you proud tubsy!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Lol @ City

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Can't believe you've brought that up tubs! I was kettled for over an hour walking round the streets of Brum and missed the first 25 minutes of the kick off only to see us capitulate from being 3-1 up on aggregate. Thanks for that West Midlands old bill. That lanky piece of crap Zigic terrorised us. Still least we went out to the eventual winners of the tournament.

One thing I would say is that St. Andrews is probably the one ground where I haven't felt comfortable coming out the three times I've been there. That'll make you proud tubsy!

I love the thought of the place being intimidating. Not many grounds these days are (and I include St Andrews circa 2014 in that).

Games against West Ham always seem to get the crowd going a little bit more than usual although I wouldn't endorse any sort of violence towards away fans unless they're one of those deluded imbeciles from Aston. They really are sub-human

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is that walk down to that roundabout Tubs, always seems to be trouble!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Was at Scotland vs Ireland tonight, fucking awesome.

Also going to Scotland vs England on Tuesday. You lads are going to get fucking smashed.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
It's pre-game, I'm in the pub.

'Saville, he's one of you, Saville Saville one of you'

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Nobody talk to me

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Off topic but her new movie is unbelievably good. Like Oscar worthy good.