1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

Discussion in 'GENERAL SPORTS TALK' started by ScotsRam, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

2. flv 

You'll be settling the 'Will the Rams pick Manziel?' bets next. :whistle:

3. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Not mine.

4. Rams Until I Die Member

5. flv 

I was at Wembley for the 9-0 win against Luxembourg. I was in the South Bank when Alvin Martin scored his hat-trick in the 8-1 win over Newcastle. The last 7-1 game I saw was Thomas Repka's 2nd game for West Ham at Blackburn.

HX76 likes this.
  6. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Thank god that game is over.

7. brokeu91 Well-Known Member

8. HX76 Member

That hat trick was against three different keepers as well, one being Peter Beardsley! That 7-1 at Blackburn was terrible, I remember a young kid (Grant McCann) came on and sliced one straight into his own net!

Still things are looking up, Ecuador sensation Enner Valencia looks like he'll be our next signing.

9. ScotsRam Well-Known Member

10. Rams Until I Die Member

11. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Didn't realise the 3rd place playoff was an actual thing, thought they were joking?

flv and Rams Until I Die like this.
  12. flv 

They're 'waste of time' games unless they're going to guarantee future qualification to the top 3, (and they won't).

13. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Do you really need to run around for 10 minutes to realise you're concussed?

14. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Been a fun world cup. See you all in 4 years.

Rams Until I Die likes this.
  15. Leuzer Member

Wow. That was a horrible free kick by Messi.
    Congrats Germany.

16. Prime Time RODerator

Love that Germany won. Argentina had their chances but have nothing to be ashamed of. Btw I wonder if players take acting class on the side - specializing in melodrama. :cool:

Rams Until I Die likes this.
  17. ScotsRam Well-Known Member

Best team over the tournament won. Germany are the ultimate example of success being about the team.

Why is Schweinsteiger not talked about as one of the greats? He's not flashy like messi or ronaldo but he's a freaking brilliant footballer. He's just brilliant at different things to them.

18. Prime Time RODerator

Mad spoof ‘shows North Korea media telling fans team has reached World Cup final’

A video has appeared online apparently showing North Korea’s state controlled media telling their football fans that the national team have reached the World Cup final in Brazil…

We’ve known for a long time now that supreme leader Kim Jong-un controls the flow of information to his people, with the television channels only reporting positive stuff about the country.

But in a brilliant spoof report posted on YouTube, the media appears to be caught broadcasting that North Korea are on course to win the biggest prize in football, despite not actually qualifying for the World Cup.

[​IMG]
    Kim Jong-un soaks up the applause in Brazil… apparently (Picture: YouTube)

The report says North Korea’s brave side crushed Japan 7-0, USA 4-0 and China 2-0 in the group stages, before going on to reach the final… against Portugal.

Of course, the real final, which takes place this Sunday, is between Germany and Argentina.

Included in the coverage are ‘highlights’ from the matches, with the team shown scoring goals and cheering – although the clips look pretty old..

19. Boffo97 Well-Known Member

Sadly, something like this actually happening would not be too far from the truth. There are stories almost as unbelievable which really are spread:

http://www.oobgolf.com/content/fore play/1-211-Kim_Jongil_Best_Golfer_in_the_World.html

Kim Jong-il: Best Golfer in the World
    By Kickntrue on 12/11/06
    This is from a couple years ago- but it's too good not to post. North Korean leader, Kim Jong-il is the best golfer in the world, hands down. On his first ever trip to the golf course, he shot 38-under par, including 5 hole-in-ones! This is reported by the government controlled media. He routinely shoots 3 or 4 hole-in-ones every time out.

Their is only one course in North Korea and it plays to about 7,700 yards, making Jong-il's feat even more impressive. 38-under par on a course longer than almost any in the US = NOT BAD!

Just for fun- it is also important to note that the N. Korean media also reports that Jong-il bowled a perfect game-300, on his first time out bowling!

At about 5'3" and wearing that crazy jump suit of his, this is all very impressive.

Read the full story HERE!

Prime Time likes this.
  20. RhodyRams Well-Known Member