The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a very sad day for me yesterday and that's not even counting the 3-0 drubbing we got. Seeing fans and players fighting, fans and fans fighting, people upping and leaving and a club legend sitting on his own in the directors box is heartbreaking really. Still you reap what you sow and these owners have mistreated and lied to the fans and this is now coming deservedly back on them.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
It was a very sad day for me yesterday and that's not even counting the 3-0 drubbing we got. Seeing fans and players fighting, fans and fans fighting, people upping and leaving and a club legend sitting on his own in the directors box is heartbreaking really. Still you reap what you sow and these owners have mistreated and lied to the fans and this is now coming deservedly back on them.

The pictures of fans shouting towards Gold and Sullivan brought back memories from when the same thing happened at St Andrews. It must be doubly worse for Hammers fans because of the move away from Upton Park and the broken promises that were made at the time.

They did try the stadium thing too but the council weren't interested.

They've always tried to run their clubs on the cheap. Lost count of the number of times we, as fans, were told bids had been made for high profile players which turned out to be either made up or so unrealistic that they knew they'd be rejected. Sullivan would then hold his hands up when the transfer didn't happen as if to say "we're trying" or "what more can we do?" These kind of things would happen more around season ticket renewal time funnily enough.

We were linked to Jean-Pierre Papin at one point.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everything you’ve said there is spot on Tubsy. I remember at the time they took over Brum fans saying exactly what you’ve typed. Everything has come true. Never a transfer window goes by where we are not embroiled in some controversy. It’s just tedious now.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What a horrid season - Man City lifting the trophy. Sane is an alien.

My Baggies are going down - i'm excited in a dark way to follow the Championship but it's like i know we're gonna get raped

IMG_3884.PNG

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very excited for today's match! One of the young guns in Reiss Nelson gets a start with Mhiki hurt. Really like this young guy think he's got a future.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@Ramrasta and I are heading out to the Orlando City game right now. We got Portland coming to town.

It's a Nationally televised game on ESPN... 4pm est.

We've got tickets in "The Wall". Maybe you'll be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of our drunken asses.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
@Ramrasta and I are heading out to the Orlando City game right now. We got Portland coming to town.

It's a Nationally televised game on ESPN... 4pm est.

We've got tickets in "The Wall". Maybe you'll be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of our drunken asses.

Fantastic game! It’s extremely rare to be down 0-2 in the 80th minute and pull out a 3-2 victory. That is... unless you are “The Comeback Cats” here in Orlando!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
What a horrid season - Man City lifting the trophy. Sane is an alien.

My Baggies are going down - i'm excited in a dark way to follow the Championship but it's like i know we're gonna get raped

View attachment 24436

A fact of English football is that there are maybe 6 to 8 teams that can tell themselves that they'll definitely be in the premier league in 5 years' time. The rest cannot say that. There was a point not that long ago where West Brom were doing about as well as they could hope but this season has proven the fragility of that.

The Championship isn't so bad. As a fan, you'll enjoy it more because you'll see the Baggies win more often.

Despite being a Birmingham City fan and native "Brummie" I can't bring myself to dislike West Brom all that much. I've always saved my vitriol for those inbred scumbags in Aston and their constant banging on about their history despite them not having won anything for over 20 years now. W@nkers!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Absolute scenes in Rome tonight. Brilliant stuff.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to get 1 or 2 Championship a week and 1 or 2 Scottish league games a week. Changed my cable company though and lost it.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

Unless you support Leeds United. They'll be announcing a sky sports Leeds channel any day now.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Wenger is all in with he Europa League
If he doesn't get Champions League he's done
I don't see how they are gonna survive against Athletico Madrid
I want Allegri or Nagelsmann

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

At this point I'm not sure if it's the players or the manager when you see a guy like Oxlade-Chamberlain become world class at Liverpool.
I think we have some nice players coming through the youth system - Nelson, Nketiah, Mavididi etc. and it's not his attacking players -- Lacazette is clicking again and Aubameyang is on a record pace since arriving. It's the players Wenger has spent on defensively that has killed this team. Xhaka has been a complete waste. Mustafi has been a disaster of late. I have no idea why Chambers is doing. Holding is regressing. None of those players has been the answer.
Then you got a midfield in shambles. The loss of Santi Carzola was disastrous for this team, and Wenger has done nothing to replace him.
Wilshire is complete shite and looked like hell when he vame on vs cska.
I like Ramsey but he is playing out of position

Yeah.... it's a fucking disaster