The Official Rams vs. Cowboys Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I think there is a bit of overreaction to this game. We have a 3rd string QB playing for us, we are very young and make lots of mistakes and the refs calls don't help but we were in this game to the end and after Bradford went down, how many of us expected to win more than 5 or 6 games this year? I am pissed about this loss but after I calmed down I still think we are starting to gel and better things are going to come. I DO wish we would stop getting the stupid penalties at the worst possible times. Davis is looking pretty good and Stacy is a beast. The D needs to tighten up on 3rd down but I feel we have reason to be happy because none of us expected our offense to be this good.

We have been saying that for 10 years with different coaches and different QBs. It's all just talk!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ugh. The worse part is hearing about "the Cowboys comeback" on TV.

Embarressing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We looked like a well oiled machine early on. Then Dallas coaches made adjustments and we apparently didn't. Game -set- match.
As good as we looked in the beginning, it made it feel so much worse when we Lost!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I expect Fisher to be a bit more involved in the defensive side of practice the next two weeks. Or one week if they take the week off.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
At least we looked great for large periods of the game. So much better than Vikings game.
Immaterial. He did what just about any 3rd QB would do under pressure in the 4th Q. He made bad throws and ultimately, that ended an chance of winning.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
At least we looked great for large periods of the game. So much better than Vikings game.

This is some perspective.

Despite the loss; we had another competitive game. Still sucks to lose.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Immaterial. He did what just about any 3rd QB would do under pressure in the 4th Q. He made bad throws and ultimately, that ended an chance of winning.
Not uncommon for ANY qb trailing late in the game.
Teams are playing the pass all the way.
Peyton just did it.

Rams0307

Someone may want to double-check my count, but I have the Cowboys attempting 22 rushes to the Rams 12 after the score was 21-7. That seems counter-intuitive to what I believed this team's strengths are, even more so with our 3rd string QB. We did such a good job of controlling the game with our run game on that first drive, I'm surprised we didn't put more faith in it to bring home a winner.

Exactly right. We lost our offensive balance which in turn caused us to use less clock than we should have. Without Bradford, ball control is how we'll win.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I expect Fisher to be a bit more involved in the defensive side of practice the next two weeks. Or one week if they take the week off.

After today they better not get a day off. While they did enough to win in an evenly called game, they need to get better so that the officials cant rip a victory from them.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You just made my point. I am not satisfied being better than Tampa and Jax.

Well what the hell do you exactly want then?

A competitive team or one that gets rolled over? That's what bothers me about your post I replied to.

I'm just as upset as anyone for the team losing, but its not like they were hapless out there. The had their moments and lapses, just like Dallas and most every team out today.

Its more upsetting they were fucked by the by officiating today (yes, I'm blaming refs most of all...IDGAF what anyone says regarding that) than poor (at least offensively) play.

Did you honestly think we'd be in 1-1 in 2 games with Austin Davis or even be in position to win them?

What my point is, to me, if the team is going to lose, they may as well be competitive than a gimme win for the other team.

Philly5

Rookie
Jury is out on how much talent we actually have. We certainly did not get an immediate boost from two top 13 picks.

Fisher needs to look at how he prepares the team in preseason. We obviously have not been prepared physically and mentally for week 1 the last few years. Now we have another 'reset'.

If we thought we had the pieces to be a 10 win potential team then these first three should have been easy.

AZRamsFan93

Well what the hell do you exactly want then?

A competitive team or one that gets rolled over? That's what bothers me about your post I replied to.

I'm just as upset as anyone for the team losing, but its not like they were hapless out there. The had their moments and lapses, just like Dallas and most every team out today.

Its more upsetting they were fucked by the by officiating today (yes, I'm blaming refs most of all...IDGAF what anyone says regarding that) than poor (at least offensively) play.

Did you honestly think we'd be in 1-1 in 2 games with Austin Davis or even be in position to win them?

What my point is, to me, if the team is going to lose, they may as well be competitive than a gimme win for the other team.
I want a team that wins. Period. There are no trophies for trying hard, or coming close.

I find it interesting that you don't mention our (lack of) defense. Austin Davis has shown he is a capable backup QB. The offense wasn't the issue today. Our pathetic, overrated and overpaid defense is the problem.

The next 5 games will be interesting, starting with Philly.