The Official LGB's Thread.. Let's GOOOOO BLUES!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Big time Blues fan here. I think the future is very bright for the Blues, they will continue to be good for a long time. We just need some playoff success already!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Big time Blues fan here. I think the future is very bright for the Blues, they will continue to be good for a long time. We just need some playoff success already!

Be nice to beat the Hawks too. Man they seem to have mind control over us after last year..

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Damn, Allen had the hockey Gods on his side tonight. The man was outstanding. :cheers:

Jaskin looking good too with his 7th goal of the year. For a rook I mean..

Last edited:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Man.. I'm listening to KMOX after the post game and they are doing a ton of Dan Kelly's old calls from their archives.. it's sweet.. it is the anniversary of Dan passing.. RIP Dan Kelly and Godspeed. Loved hearing the calls and miss the man.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I'm assuming Elliott is between the pipes tonight? Anyone heard? We know Bishop should be between them for TB. It's be a tough game tonight for the Note. Lightning have won 11 of last 12 at home. Eh @Tron ?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm assuming Elliott is between the pipes tonight? Anyone heard? We know Bishop should be between them for TB. It's be a tough game tonight for the Note. Lightning have won 11 of last 12 at home. Eh @Tron ?

not a good start....lol still plenty of time at least....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Petteri Lindbohm with his very first NHL goal! Tarasenko nets thirty and thirty-one. Pietrangelo and Oshie with two other goals, Steen with three assists, and Schwartz with two helpers.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I used to work at LGB airport, so I soon found out about the organization, well that, and working in Long Beach, CA.

They do an annual, pretty famous, "G" pride parade every year. A police officer friend of mine went every year to support his brother, so he said, and used to take tons of pictures. Pretty crazy get ups.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I used to work at LGB airport, so I soon found out about the organization, well that, and working in Long Beach, CA.

They do an annual, pretty famous, "G" pride parade every year. A police officer friend of mine went every year to support his brother, so he said, and used to take tons of pictures. Pretty crazy get ups.

Er...this thread isn't about that. In this case, LGB = Let's Go, Blues!

Also, Ryan Reaves is the most talented enforcer in the game today. Not even a question. Set up a 2-1 which led to a goal by Berglund. He was moved up to the third line to counter Dustin Bigfuckingimp, and he did his role very well. Even played well defensively.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Er...this thread isn't about that. In this case, LGB = Let's Go, Blues!

Also, Ryan Reaves is the most talented enforcer in the game today. Not even a question. Set up a 2-1 which led to a goal by Berglund. He was moved up to the third line to counter Dustin Bigfuckingimp, and he did his role very well. Even played well defensively.
Errr, thanks.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Going to do something very weird: a St. Louis Blues mock draft! I know, I'm crazy for doing this when it's playoff time, but it's a curse of mine; I just can't help but look to the future. We only have five draft picks (a second, two fourths, and two fifths), so don't expect much. Going to predict one trade (#121, #151, Ty Rattie, and Jordan Schmaltz to the Columbus Blue Jackets for the number 36 overall pick.) Now, without further ado...

#36 overall pick: Roope Hintz, C, Tampere Ilves (SM-Liiga). 6'4", 185 lbs. 11/17/96. Finland. Dmytro Timashov, LW, Quebec Remparts (QMJHL). 5'9", 192 lbs. 10/1/96. Sweden.

Hulking center who excels at everything. Still needs to get used to using his size; too finesse right now, but can afford to stay in Finland while he learns how to use his growing body. Well worth the trade up of two top-end prospects who weren't going to make this team. Comparison is Michael Handzus with more offensive potential.

#75 overall pick (Kings): Dmytro Timashov, LW, Quebec Remparts (QMJHL). 5'9", 192 lbs. 10/1/96. Sweden.

Ukrainian-born winger likely the most dynamic player in the Q right now. He may be diminutive and a liability defensively, but he's a wizard with the puck on his stick. Johnny Gaudreau of the Flames is the best comparison right now.

#94 overall pick: Nikita Pavlychev, C, Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL). 6'7", 200 lbs. 3/23/97. Russia.

Tall center is a beast. Just learning that he's the biggest guy on the ice, and he has some skill as well. Improving at faceoffs; could make the Blues in five to six years as a fourth-line center. Committed to Penn State. Comparison is close to Paul Gaustad with more offensive potential.

#128 overall pick: Pavel Karnaukhov, LW, Calgary Hitmen (WHL). 6'2", 194 lbs. 3/15/97. Russia.

Belarussian-born can play all three forward positions on the ice. Reminds me of Zemgus Girgensons with his two-way play and vision on the ice, and a lesser version would be my comparison. Only reason he falls this far is because of the Russian factor and because he hasn't lived up to his lofty potential this year.

2016 lines:

Steen-Backes-Oshie.
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko.
Fabbri-Stastny-Jaskin.
Ott-Berglund-Reaves.

2016 defensive pairings:

Pietrangelo-Gunnarson.
Shattenkirk-Bouwmeester.
Bortuzzo-Lindbohm.

2016 starting goalie:

Jake Allen.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I glanced at this post and thought it was the official LGBT thread...and I just laughed when I finally read it....LOL...

Memento

Name
Jemma
Those motherfuckers at the Winnipeg game were easily worse than any ref in any sport. It couldn't have been more obvious that they were trying to throw the game in Winnipeg's favor. They called a bogus slash on Stastny right after he had scored the tying goal, and they disallowed the goal. He didn't even touch the guy with his stick. They blatantly ignored that little bitch, Brad Stuart, interfering and tripping Oshie, and they call Oshie for a "high-sticking major" when Oshie had done a reverse-hit on Stuart. I've never seen Oshie that pissed before. Missed a clear embellishment on Stuart as well in the third period.

Also, did I mention that Brad Stuart is the biggest candy-assed pansy to ever play the game of hockey?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Those motherfuckers at the Winnipeg game were easily worse than any ref in any sport. It couldn't have been more obvious that they were trying to throw the game in Winnipeg's favor. They called a bogus slash on Stastny right after he had scored the tying goal, and they disallowed the goal. He didn't even touch the guy with his stick. They blatantly ignored that little bitch, Brad Stuart, interfering and tripping Oshie, and they call Oshie for a "high-sticking major" when Oshie had done a reverse-hit on Stuart. I've never seen Oshie that pissed before. Missed a clear embellishment on Stuart as well in the third period.

Also, did I mention that Brad Stuart is the biggest candy-assed pansy to ever play the game of hockey?

There's murmurs that the NHL wanted more Canadian teams in the playoffs this year, but I'm not sure how much stock I put into it. On the one hand, it explains the truly awful calls that went against the Kings in 3 of their last 4 games (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary) which knocked them from the playoffs, but on the other hand, LA wasn't consistent all year, and looked so gassed no matter what happened, plus there was no excuse to lose to the Oilers. Had they gotten the calls they should have gotten (including many very blatant high sticks) they probably would have made it, but I don't think they had the energy to really do damage anyway after the deep runs the past 3 years.

Either way, it wouldn't shock me that the NHL wanted more Canadian teams, it's been so long since the cup has gone to Canada, you know they want it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
There's murmurs that the NHL wanted more Canadian teams in the playoffs this year, but I'm not sure how much stock I put into it. On the one hand, it explains the truly awful calls that went against the Kings in 3 of their last 4 games (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary) which knocked them from the playoffs, but on the other hand, LA wasn't consistent all year, and looked so gassed no matter what happened, plus there was no excuse to lose to the Oilers. Had they gotten the calls they should have gotten (including many very blatant high sticks) they probably would have made it, but I don't think they had the energy to really do damage anyway after the deep runs the past 3 years.

Either way, it wouldn't shock me that the NHL wanted more Canadian teams, it's been so long since the cup has gone to Canada, you know they want it.

Completely agree with you. They're happy right now. They've got Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, and Montreal; the only thing that could have been better for them is if Edmonton had made the playoffs over the Blues and Toronto and Boston had made it over the Lightning and Capitals. Good thing that only Winnipeg has a shot in hell out of all of those Canadian teams (especially with Pacioretty down for Montreal). I guarantee you that Toronto is going to get McDavid in the draft instead of the Sabres. It happened with Chicago in 2007. It'll happen again.

Memento

Name
Jemma
My fate. Mark Stone dove like a damn U-boat right there. Yeah, Subban slashed him, but that was clearly a fucking dive right there. Hops right back on the ice thirty seconds after Subban shoots, er, I mean, slashes him.

Lost all respect for Stone. Never had any respect for Subban, so I don't care either way.

Oh, and Dave Cameron - Ottawa's fucking head coach - threatening violence against the Habs? Stone whining about how Subban should be suspended for three games (he shouldn't be suspended at all)? All of a sudden, I want the Habs to fucking sweep that classless team. Especially with the most overrated "defenseman" in the game today in Erik Karlsson. Not that Subban isn't overrated as well. Neither of them deserve Norris trophies.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Can't believe the blackhawks came back and won that game tonight vs the Preds. What a devastating loss for Nashville. Up 3-0 after the 1st, on home ice....ouch.