The offense and Schotty finished a game!... well kinda yea!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

(read post) With new weapons coming is Schotty the man to take the offense to the next level in 2015

• Still have some faith to stick it out one more year

• Too late lost my faith, need new blood next year

• Too early, finish out the season first

Results are only viewable after voting.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Hear me out please! So congrats on the mind blowing victory. Now my first statement is Schotty successfully finished a game whether fluke or hopefully more good things to come. There were a lot of fields goals which is exactly what Fisher predicted going into the game. And yes Denver is a top 5 defense like the rest we've faced. But we managed to keep putting up points in the second half even if they were field goals. Now im still not a Schotty fan and he's still a below average OC IMO. but Hill was the difference maker today cus he adapted to pressure and handled it like the journeyman VETERAN he is not some fuckin "journeyman nobody" like i read on a denver forum.

Along with a sudden mind set to start running the ball more this game. maybe someone whispered in Schotty's ear it may be a good idea to really ground and pound for once to really spread the ball around downfield. So i wonder if maybe Schotty was trying to make adjustments with Davis in the past but Davis couldnt handle them. Or maybe Schotty simple out coached the Denver D lol. Or Hill made Schotty look good on some not so great calls ( I believe there's some truth to that) but either way it clicked along with the D pulling the offense out of the fire a few times which is how this team is built.

Bottom line this offense is basically a QB, extra top tier Olineman , MAYBE a big body outside WR (depending on Quick and Britt's future) away from playoff/Bowl contention. So bottom line here.... this team is fully ready to take the next step deep into the playoffs so whether its Bradford back or a productive rookie or a FA signing. do you guys thinks Schotty should be the one here next year to groom that QB and creative a functioning offense for him despite past examples of the coaching staff not building the offense to the strengths of its QB like most coaches should and also not correctly deploying their other explosive weapon in Tavon. truthfully we easily could've taken them for 14 more points (not being greedy but easily within grasp. So should they go forward with Schotty or bring in fresh blood that can build a team around its QB's strengths and minimize the teams weakness. Thoughts and vote?

Last edited:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I actually liked the conservative game plan today, run the ball, and keep Mr. Forehead off the field. I'm sure Fisher had something to do with that, but it worked.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Schottenheimer really hasn't been an issue this season, I think anyways. The Offense did its job today.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I actually liked the conservative game plan today, run the ball, and keep Mr. Forehead off the field. I'm sure Fisher had something to do with that, but it worked.
it was a complete flip from last game. so thats why i wondered about Fisher whispering in his ear.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
My vote is still "Wouldn't be disappointed if he stays, wouldn't be disappointed if he left."

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He's not the problem.

Look what Manning did today with poor protection and "only" D. Thomas, Welker and company.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'm not a big fan at all but I know a change of system could really set the O back to the point it ruins the whole year. Which probably leads to the domino effect of a HC change the year after as well. Which sets the team back unknown years or maybe not at all if a miracle strikes. I think if I weigh the options I'd rather stick it out one more full year with the same coaches and system before throwing in the towel. Even though they frustrate the hell out of me at times.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Isn't there an unstated / implied 24 hour rule on criticizing coaches after a blow out victory of a top ranked team that we we're expected to beat?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I'm not a big fan at all but I know a change of system could really set the O back to the point it ruins the whole year. Which probably leads to the domino effect of a HC change the year after as well. Which sets the team back unknown years or maybe not at all if a miracle strikes. I think if I weigh the options I'd rather stick it out one more full year with the same coaches and system before throwing in the towel. Even though they frustrate the hell out of me at times.
maybe the offensive staff and fisher as a whole decides to overhaul the offense and make simple but effective changes with the new blood and keep schotty and that he excepts a new approach. wishful thinking

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Isn't there an unstated / implied 24 hour rule on criticizing coaches after a blow out victory of a top ranked team that we we're expected to beat?
dude i apologize i am really not criticizing him he played a great game. I just know that the last couple games most of the fans have been upset with schotty and want him to go. I simply wanted to give my opinion and have a vote if everyones opinion of him might have changed now and i wanted to give a balanced opinion of which variables they thought though sealed game.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It gets scary when we can't run, though. Hill did a nice job.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We need a new OC because they need to reload at QB and an OC who is a great teacher is therefore going to be a requirement. Otherwise we will be suffering through more of the same infuriating offensive struggles. Fish doesn't have another three years to wait for Schotty to get a new QB ready for executing his offense with speed and efficiency.

This offense has plenty of talent. Schotty is a JAG coordinator. Reload the position with a new QB IMO.

jjab360

Legend
I hate to break it to you but Schotty hasn't been the problem almost all season long.

He's done nothing groundbreaking or innovative but he's called good solid games that have put our team in position to win. Problem so far this year has been the lack of execution and the mind blowing inconsistency.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
dude i apologize i am really not criticizing him he played a great game. I just know that the last couple games most of the fans have been upset with schotty and want him to go. I simply wanted to give my opinion and have a vote if everyones opinion of him might have changed now and i wanted to give a balanced opinion of which variables they thought though sealed game.

Good point bro. A victory like that might provide a more balanced view of him.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
The biggest problem I have at this point is Tavon not getting more receptions. Whatever reason it is, I don't know. But there is no reason that Tavon should have more rushing attempts than receptions at this point in the season. I don't know what needs to be done but I hope they stop his runs up the middle. I say this every week lol. I much rather have Tre or Benny running between the tackles than Tavon.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think an extra choice should be.....will reserve the right to see if the guys can execute his plan(s) on a regular basis. He still gets a bit pass happy at times and if we still had Quick I wouldn't mind as much. But it was cool seeing the play design on Britt's TD. Great design, fantastic execution. He can do it.....it's just can the players execute it. We did yesterday!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It gets scary when we can't run, though. Hill did a nice job.

That's the thing about Schotty, he needs a good run game to make the offense at least respectable. Take that away and expect disaster to roll out. Once we have a potent passer under center whether it's Bradford or a rookie, I hope this offense is well-rounded in both passing and running.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I am willing to stick it out with Schotty another year...would like to see what the offense can do with Hill the rest of the year.

Alan

Legend
As there wasn't a "Never had any faith in him and it's time for him to go" so I picked the one closest to how I really feel.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm on board with keeping him around. Reason being I don't want to rebuild for another 2 or 3 years. This team is close to being in playoff contention with the systems in place now. If Bradford could some how come back healthy and stay that way in this system with this defense and a slightly better offensive line they could be perennial contenders.