The non-Rams free agents signed thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Cleveland tried to trade for him maybe that sign him. I’ve also read Denver has him as a backup plan to Cousins.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wtf does one person need/do with $130 million? He won’t even see it for the rest of his life.
I'd spend every dime of it, I'm sure of it.
I'm kinda stupid when it comes to money.
The more I make, the more I spend.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/16/chiefs-sign-david-amerson/

Chiefs sign David Amerson
Posted by Charean Williams on February 16, 2018

gettyimages-631167076-e1518830048726.jpg

Getty Images

The Chiefs have signed cornerback David Amerson, the team announced Friday night. The Raiders cut Amerson on February 5 in Jon Gruden’s first roster move.

He missed the final nine games of 2017 with a foot injury, and the Raiders parted ways before his $5.5 million base salary for 2018 became guaranteed.

Amerson, 26, has played in 68 games in five NFL seasons with Oakland (2015-17) and Washington (2013-15). His career numbers include 249 tackles, three tackles for loss, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. He has eight interceptions for 73 yards, returning two for touchdowns, and 63 passes defensed.

The Redskins made him a second-round pick in 2013.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/18/report-texans-will-release-brian-cushing/

Texans will release Brian Cushing
Posted by Charean Williams on February 18, 2018

gettyimages-894850898-e1519000254121.jpg

Getty Images

The Texans will release inside linebacker Brian Cushing before the league year begins March 14, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports.

The emergence of second-year linebackers Zach Cunningham and Dylan Cole made Cushing expendable.

Houston will save $7.64 million under the salary cap with Cushing’s release.

Cushing served a 10-game suspension this season for violating the NFL performance-enhancing drug policy. He made 16 tackles and 1.5 sacks in five games, starting the final four games at outside linebacker because of injuries.

Cushing, a first-round pick in 2009, started all 104 games he played during his nine seasons in Houston.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm surprised we aren't bringing in Vontae Davis for a visit. He'd be an interesting fit here.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
I'm surprised we aren't bringing in Vontae Davis for a visit. He'd be an interesting fit here.

Im thinking injuries and age are playing a factor there. I think if the Rams plan on bringing in an outside vet cb it will probably be Talib, Fuller or Colvin. With the plan on drafting a cb in the draft. I hope Rams dont go into next season relying on Webster returning to form since his injury.

Infact it wouldnt surprise me if Webster was cut in the preseason once he is healthy to save cap

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ll-pay-whatever-it-takes-to-get-kirk-cousins/

Jets will pay “whatever it takes” to get Kirk Cousins
Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2018

The Jets apparently want Kirk Cousins. They apparently want him badly enough that they’re willing to break the bank for him.

According to Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, the Jets are “willing to pay whatever it takes” to get him.

This report comes amid a belief that the Jets may be willing to fully guarantee Cousins’ deal. The notion of paying “whatever it takes” becomes far more open-ended than that, especially since there’s no way of knowing what it will take until knowing what another team will pay.

If there’s at least one other team willing to make a similar commitment, the end result could be an auction that drives the market well north of $30 million per year. Assuming, of course, that Cousins would want to actually play for one of the teams willing to break the bank.

During a Super Bowl-week visit to PFT Live, Cousins seemed to suggest that he’s willing to take less to win, while also acknowledging that plenty of winning teams have expensive quarterbacks. Last year, he seemed to suggest that his goal is to make as much as possible.

“[T]here’s other quarterbacks that come after you and it would be almost a selfish move to hurt future quarterbacks who get in a position to have a contract,” Cousins said in January 2017. “And if you don’t take a deal that’s fair to you, then you’re also taking a deal that’s not fair to them and you’re setting them back as well. So there’s different reasons. You just do the best you can.”

Cousins will be doing better than the best any quarterback has ever done, whether it’s with the Jets or another team. Barring a third straight franchise tag from his current team (which remains unlikely, and likely would be scrapped via a grievance), Cousins will become the first healthy franchise quarterback on the right side of 30 to become a free agent in nearly a quarter-century of free agency. Given the $44 million he has made over the last two years, his next deal could push his career earnings toward a quarter-billion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im thinking injuries and age are playing a factor there. I think if the Rams plan on bringing in an outside vet cb it will probably be Talib, Fuller or Colvin. With the plan on drafting a cb in the draft. I hope Rams dont go into next season relying on Webster returning to form since his injury.

Infact it wouldnt surprise me if Webster was cut in the preseason once he is healthy to save cap

Fuller isn't a press-man CB. Colvin could be, but he's probably a more natural fit in other schemes. IMO, the most likely players are Talib, Malcolm Butler, Bashaud Breeland, or keeping Tru. However, Vontae Davis would be a good option as a #2 CB in case Webster isn't ready to go. He's always been a quality press CB, even if his age and the injuries make him a more risky bet now.

I don't expect Webster to be cut. CB depth is invaluable, and he's a great special teams player to boot.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People gonna call me crazy but if I'm the Steelers I let Leveon walk in FA. He's a really good back, but I'd draft and replace and move on. IMO paying a RB big money is crazy talk.

Which leads to Gurley. He'll hit UFA in 2020 so I'd make sure I take a good RB in the draft by the 2019 draft at the latest. Then let him walk and garner that third round pick a la Belicheat. He will have five years in the league at that point, which is where you should be looking to replace him due to shelf life anyway.

And yes someone will probably ask "What if he doesn't need high end money?" To which I respond "No chance." Or maybe "Gurley might be able to stay healthy and play another five to ten years," to which I respond "possibly but is it worth breaking the bank on a position that comes with added injury risk and short shelf life when it is possible to find them outside high picks in most drafts?"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People gonna call me crazy but if I'm the Steelers I let Leveon walk in FA. He's a really good back, but I'd draft and replace and move on. IMO paying a RB big money is crazy talk.

Which leads to Gurley. He'll hit UFA in 2020 so I'd make sure I take a good RB in the draft by the 2019 draft at the latest. Then let him walk and garner that third round pick a la Belicheat. He will have five years in the league at that point, which is where you should be looking to replace him due to shelf life anyway.

And yes someone will probably ask "What if he doesn't need high end money?" To which I respond "No chance." Or maybe "Gurley might be able to stay healthy and play another five to ten years," to which I respond "possibly but is it worth breaking the bank on a position that comes with added injury risk and short shelf life when it is possible to find them outside high picks in most drafts?"

If Gurley keeps playing like he did last year, yes.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/20/vontae-davis-meeting-with-the-49ers/

Vontae Davis meeting with the 49ers
Posted by Josh Alper on February 20, 2018

502622060-e1519140325823.jpg

Getty Images

Cornerback Vontae Davis‘ search for a new home has taken him to California.

Davis, who became a free agent when the Colts released him during the 2017 regular season, met with the Bills and Browns last week. Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reports that he’s made his way across the country to meet with the 49ers on Tuesday.

Davis played just five games last season, but has reportedly been cleared after having core muscle surgery following his release in Indianapolis.

Dontae Johnson led 49ers cornerbacks in snaps during the 2017 season, but the 2014 fourth-round pick is set to become a free agent in March. Ahkello Witherspoon and K'Waun Williams were next up in playing time and both of them remain under contract for 2018.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/20/bucs-cut-doug-martin/

Bucs cut Doug Martin
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 20, 2018

gettyimages-889566460-e1519143853744.jpg

Getty Images

Doug Martin‘s once-promising tenure in Tampa Bay has come to an end.

Buccaneers General Manager Jason Licht told Martin this morning that he’s being released, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports.

Although Martin is a two-time Pro Bowl running back, the move comes as no surprise. Licht said last month that Martin didn’t look the same as he had early in his career. Given that Martin was due a $6.75 million base salary this season, it wouldn’t have made sense for Licht to keep him.

Martin arrived as the Buccaneers’ first-round draft pick in 2012 and made the Pro Bowl as a rookie, when he rushed for 1,454 yards and 11 touchdowns, and added 49 catches for 472 receiving yards. Unfortunately, Martin has now played five more seasons since then, and those rookie numbers all remain career highs.

The 29-year-old Martin will now hit free agency and hope some team thinks he’s worth paying like a starter. He certainly won’t make $6.75 million after gaining a career-low 406 yards last year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
LOL the Dolphins are franchising Landry. $16 million for him when they have $7 million in cap space. He’s getting pai about $2 million per ypc.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
LOL the Dolphins are franchising Landry. $16 million for him when they have $7 million in cap space. He’s getting pai about $2 million per ypc.

Mind boggling!
No wonder the Pats have had no serious competition in their division in eons

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/26/vontae-davis-headed-to-buffalo/

Vontae Davis headed to Buffalo
Posted by Charean Williams on February 26, 2018

gettyimages-839662834-e1519691204180.jpg

Getty Images

The Bills are signing veteran cornerback Vontae Davis to a one-year deal, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports.

Davis tweeted confirmation, writing “#BillsMafia.”

Davis, 29, visited five teams, selecting Buffalo over Cleveland, San Francisco, Oakland and Miami. The Colts cut Davis in November.

He made 17 tackles in four games in 2017.

The Dolphins made Davis a first-round pick in 2009. Miami traded him to Indianapolis in 2012.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So you trade historically good memories of great Ram's players, who retired as Rams, for a Patriots system that only works for the Patriots. This is why FA is BS.

Pass.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pernell McPhee was cut today by the Bears. I'd take a chance on him to replace Barwin on a cheap one-year contract.