The No Fun League doesn't approve of gladiator helmets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Dodgersrf with a fact:
I'm also not as sensitive to things that some find offensive.
This is one of them.

For me it has to be a deliberate act to hurt someone physically or emotionally.
I don't feel that this is the case.
Yes, as I am not sensitive the the sign of the cross. Yet billions are.

I believe that it is foolish to forget the few to satisfy the many if it isn't necessary. Doing so tends to have future consequences on the many, eventually.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Most of the impressionable of "us" don't know much of anything about the gladiators except the Brad Pitt MAYBE and "300".

On the other hand they get regular doses of violence on their games of choice that they bury themselves in, I'd be a lot more worried about them and their shameless promotions on commercials that the NFL has no problem running during timeouts.

Alan

Legend
blackbart forgetting how much he enjoyed Spartacus:
Most of the impressionable of "us" don't know much of anything about the gladiators except the Brad Pitt MAYBE and "300".
You haven't seenGladiator with Russel Crow and both Spartacus movies and the series? Good stuff balckbart. Watch it on youtube. Here's a preview of the first season of Spartacus:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBKFxCjKpsU

Alan

Legend
Ramhusker loving Spartacus:
Man, I loved those even though they were not historically accurate but great entertainment just the same.

The plethora of good looking naked women didn't hurt either. :LOL: Who didn't want to see Zina naked? (y)

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I got no problem with the league enforcing rules about uniforms ( there is a definition of that word BTW) the thing about taking a laissez faire attitude about things like the helmet is you have to draw the line somewhere or you end up with a Halloween party .
The players know they're gonna get fined for that sort of stuff , IMO it's kinda immature to force the league offices hand on things like that

V3

Hall of Fame
Lol I hope that was meant as a joke.. but come on man this is just freakin' cool. People are forgetting how to have fun... I for one would be excited as hell to see Robert Quinn come out of the tunnel like this..
12_Byrne_SizzleGladiator_instory.jpg

25.jpg

0b9d519a2bd0e503869fd077b9f736edc7eee56022009656604368065b36a1c2_large
He forget to put the Nike swoosh on the side.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Lol I hope that was meant as a joke.. but come on man this is just freakin' cool. People are forgetting how to have fun... I for one would be excited as hell to see Robert Quinn come out of the tunnel like this..
12_Byrne_SizzleGladiator_instory.jpg

25.jpg

0b9d519a2bd0e503869fd077b9f736edc7eee56022009656604368065b36a1c2_large
Has anyone in the League Offices EVER looked at the Crowds at a 'Raider Game!? Their having Fun, and have for Decades!! Get-a-Life LO!:ROFLMAO: :D

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The plethora of good looking naked women didn't hurt either. :LOL: Who didn't want to see Zina naked? (y)

It sounds like I may have to take go back and take a look....you know...to brush up on my history.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is ridiculous but I'm still laughing for some reason. :sneaky:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-kaepernick-for-wearing-non-bose-headphones/

League fines Kaepernick for wearing non-Bose headphones
Posted by Mike Florio on October 9, 2014

bose.jpg
Getty Images

The NFL’s new deal with Bose, which blare the letters B-O-S-E whenever a head coach puts his head down on camera, gives the company that puts quality over sizzle the privilege of exclusivity.

Which means that players can’t be promoting competing products on the field or in official press conferences.

For 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, it means a $10,000 fine for wearing a competing product during Sunday’s post-game press conference. Via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, Kaepernick told reporters on Thursday that he’s been informed of the five-figure fine.

Asked whether Kaepernick or the company that makes the competing product will pay the money, the ever-talkative Kaepernick said, “”We’ll let that be unanswered.”

That may not be good enough for the league office. Fines can’t be paid by anyone but the person fined. But it would be easy enough for the company that makes the competing product to give Kaepernick a bonus of, say, $10,000. Or maybe $24,000, since that’s roughly what it would take to get him $10,000 after taxes, given his bracket and his residence in California.

And before folks start complaining about the league’s enforcement of the contract with a company that has paid the NFL a ton of money for the relationship, it’s hardly the first time the league has fined players for promoting products that aren’t associated with the NFL. Former Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher was fined a whopping $100,000 for wearing a Vitamin Water hat to the Super Bowl XLI media day.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I know this is technically NFL talk but given the fact that I don't like Colin Kaepernick and it's happened after a game I think it's off topic. I received word that Colin Kaepernick has been fined 10k for wearing those headphones by Dre after the game. Apparently the NFL has a deal with Bose so they fine players for sporting Beats by Dre... according to the article below.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/09/co...wearing-beats-by-dre-headphones-after-kc-win/

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So correct me if I'm wrong but don't gladiators kill other people to appease the blood lust of the spectators? Do you think that's a great message to send to young fans? Or even to old ones.
i understand your comparison to actual gladiators, but are we not a society thats bent on violence anyways ? (UFC fights, hockey fights, basebrawls, basketbrawls, road rage, etc etc.) football is a violent game in itself. the young fans cheer when the opposing teams players get tackled, injured , etc. the old ones are the reason these sports are around in the first place.

Alan

Legend
Force16X seeing what's there:
i understand your comparison to actual gladiators, but are we not a society thats bent on violence anyways ? (UFC fights, hockey fights, basebrawls, basketbrawls, road rage, etc etc.) football is a violent game in itself. the young fans cheer when the opposing teams players get tackled, injured , etc. the old ones are the reason these sports are around in the first place.
All true Force and that's exactly why we, as a society, should make every effort to mitigate those tendencies. Especially when it's painless to do so. Do I want to ban football because it's a violent sport? Of course not but emphasizing the beauty of the game versus the violence in the game costs me nothing and doesn't send the message that violence is the key to victory in life or in football.

There is nothing about the image of a gladiator that doesn't connote violence. Look at how one of the best players in one of the most violent sports described himself:
“Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see.”
Muhammad Ali
Nothing in that connotes violence and yet it doesn't detract from our enjoyment of the that violent sport and connotes speed and grace rather that brute force.

Last edited:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
They're all copying the Rams. We know the Rams are the undisputed masters of illegal socks!