The NFL’s Top 7 WR’s Rated by Devante Adams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Davante Adams offered praise to his fellow wideouts on the I Am Athlete podcast. And a couple of his selections raised eyebrows among the NFL Twitter populace.

Check out his list below, transcribed by Dov Kleiman.

View: https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1660031128399429634?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

usatsi_10204946-1.webp

:pointup:Yeah, that’s exactly how I felt, DeVante, when I saw your list absent Kupp.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Last 4 years:

Adams 421 rec - 5440 yds - 48 TDs
Kupp 406 rec - 4894 yds - 35 TDs (and a SB MVP)
Diggs 401 rec - 5319 yds - 35 TDs
K. Allen 376 rec - 4081 yds - 24 TDs
T. Hill 375 rec - 5085 yds - 38 TDs
Hopkins 325 rec - 3861 yds - 24 TDs
*Jefferson 324 rec - 4825 yds - 25 TDs
Ridley 248 rec - 3342 yds - 28 TDs
Evans 288 rec - 4322 yds - 41 TDs
*CeeDee 260 rec - 3396 yds - 20 TDs

How a fellow WR can leave a guy like Kupp off his list has to be because of what?

Flint

Pro Bowler
My first thought was that Kupp was injured so out of sight out of mind, but then I see Ridley. Some very curious omissions to be sure.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Adams is obviously biased towards his friends.

Hey Devante, call me when you or anyone on your list does what Kupp did.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't take ANY of those WR's, including Adams, over Cooper Freakin' Kupp! Or as @Allen2McVay spells it "Cupp!"

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Jefferson and Lamb still have their careers in front of them but only Jefferson appears to be as impactful as Kupp has been so far.

Evans has had a great career and is winding down. He’s been kind of a punk at times so there’s that.

Adams is also about to go through his downturn.

Let’s revisit this at the end of the season—after he plays with jimmy grabmypole and Kupp plays with Stafford.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s hard to know why people have the opinions they have. IMO, Mr Kupp goes about his job so differently than any other wideout that he is almost a unicorn….perhaps in some circles that causes consternation and or a certain amount of jealousy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

dang

Legend
First - be suspicious of any list where the rankings are set by someone in the category.

Second - the context of any rankings needs to be clearly defined (e.g. Best WR of the last 4 years, Best WR coming into 2023, most dangerous WR in any one game, etc.)

Third - any list by one person is subjective and likely to be skewed by ego, friendships, selective memory, etc.)

Fourth - any Rams fan for the last 3 years knows Cooper Kupp is a unicorn. There is no other receiver like him because of his hands, YAC, route running, effort. Stat wise He’s had a top 1 or 2 all time WR season and 3 decent seasons marred by injury or poor QB play. So until he has another couple gteat seasons there will be those that undervalue him.

So the question should be if you had a chance ato pick any WR in the NFL - who would you pick first? Second? Third? Fourth? Fifth?

TexasRam

Legend
It’s hard to know why people have the opinions they have. IMO, Mr Kupp goes about his job so differently than any other wideout that he is almost a unicorn….perhaps in some circles that causes consternation and or a certain amount of jealousy.

They should probably eat their veggies.