The NFL needs to Can Bellicheat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Does the NFL need to axe bellicheat?

• yes

Votes: 62 72.1%
  • no

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • maybe

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • other (give reason)

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
With the way BB is a repeat offender, I'll be surprised if he doesn't face suspensions. Asshole Face gets a suspension and a draft pick for bountygate, now it's time to punish Darth Hoodie as well.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
NFL Network, .com, and ESPN has nothing to gain by making this look bad. It is the exact opposite. So the NFaiL has media protection. Only the fans can change the outcome and uniting millions of fans to abort the SuperBowl is not likely to happen.

I'm aborting the Superbowl, and I'm sure I won't suffer withdrawal. Maybe some of the good people of ROD should host Abort the Superbowl parties?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
With the way BB is a repeat offender, I'll be surprised if he doesn't face suspensions. Asshole Face gets a suspension and a draft pick for bountygate, now it's time to punish Darth Hoodie as well.
lul. Darth Hoodie.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
My point is why do people keep pointing fingers at the Pats? I dont think theyre doing anything that other teams arent doing themselves. Its just that they keep winning that people blow the whistle
*IF* other teams are doing it, then they can get reported and we can deal with the cheating then.

I'm not going to give the Pats a free pass because other teams MAY be doing the same things. I don't think they are.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I used to really like Rich Eisen, and I was glad when he got his new TV show. But Eisen is a shrill shill for the NFL.

Eisen denies he's a shill, but the gentleman protests too much methinks.
He works for NFLN what is he supposed to Do!?!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Another Devil's advocate thing: On one hand Both Teams had to play with a Deflated Ball. (But, on the other hand, the Pats probably Practiced with a deflated Ball!)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Another Devil's advocate thing: On one hand Both Teams had to play with a Deflated Ball. (But, on the other hand, the Pats probably Practiced with a deflated Ball!)
Actually, the Colts had their own dozen footballs, which weren't under-inflated.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Deflated balls are easier for Runningbacks to secure and are less likely to be fumbled or stripped. Also easier to throw. Each team uses its own balls so it was not an even match up.

Besides cheating is cheating.

I would love for this to be the least watched SB in history. The fans should take a stand.

Instead of the SuperBowl it is now the SuperFarce and the league looks like a joke if they mishandle this situation.

ARod, Mark Maguire, Jose Canseco,Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa and Pete Rose may never get into the HOF and are disgraces that were beat down by the media. Instead Belicheat is praised. Baseball looks like it has much more integrity than th NFL ever has.
To be perfectly honest, I'm about this close (holding my fingers about an inch apart) to quiting the NFL entirely. Integrity is important to me.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
To be perfectly honest, I'm about this close (holding my fingers about an inch apart) to quiting the NFL entirely. Integrity is important to me.

Me too, however I am sure I will feel less strongly about it in a few weeks. I know I would have a ton more time to do other things if I walked away from it.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Me too, however I am sure I will feel less strongly about it in a few weeks. I know I would have a ton more time to do other things if I walked away from it.
So this is what battered wife syndrome feels like.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I read were the HOME Team had to supply 12 Balls, I did not Know the Visiting Team did too!

Each team has it's own 12 balls to use when they are on offense. They can inflate them within the rules to the preference of their QB.

Each team's kickers have their own set of kicking balls too.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
My issue here is this,If Indy had noticed it before,it implies a practice,not an isolated incident,so without this is it possible it changed the ultimate venues an match ups in the playoffs?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
B72ZlryIYAAcXli.jpg:large

rams2050

Starter
My thing is all the people excusing the behavior by saying it doesn't really help them. So then why waste your time doing it? I feel like they'd have won regardless--regardless of deflated balls (that sounds funny), videotaping, etc. But yet for some idiotic reason they still do it. So if you are successful and people are looking to rag on you for any little thing, then why risk it all for something that doesn't really help you anyway? Is it just to prove that you can DNA rifle smack the league and get away with it?

I'm telling you, the Colts would not have won no matter what. BUT, and it's a big but, how many times have the Pats, through the season and through the years, intentionally deflated balls and won? How many games were won by a mere TD or FG?? THAT is the issue. It calls everyone's sense of fair play into question.

And if they are deflating footballs, using a dedicated helmet wireless system so that info can be given to Brady to about a second prior to the snap, using Ernie Adams' eidetic memory, and in the past videotaped signals and even, almost certainly, a SB walk-through, WHAT THE HELL ELSE ARE THEY DOING??

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wonder if the Pats kept that one ball (that wasn't deflated) for their kicker and punter....hmmm.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm telling you, the Colts would not have won no matter what.
And I actually disagree with that. Vehemently. ("Of course you do, Boffo." someone somewhere is saying.)

Yes, the game ended up being a huge lopsided blowout by any measure. But we can't project ANY of that to how the game would have played out without the cheating. Maybe Brady or anyone else would have fumbled. Maybe Brady would have thrown interceptions at crucial moments. Maybe the softer footballs were the difference between a catch and a pass attempt bouncing off hands. Put together enough of these maybes going a different way, and even a blowout could have gone differently.

More to the point, the Patriots, like they did through Spygate, admitted they NEEDED to cheat by the act of cheating. They were afraid of losing the game otherwise. No one just cheats for the evulz in real life.