The NFL Free Agency thread part 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Dwayne Bowe is now a free agent. Released by the Browns. I wonder if he has anything left to offer.
He made $1.8 million per reception last year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good signing. 1 year deal. Solid run blocker, except they like to sling it so...
WIN NOW because if we don't we'll be older than dirt in 2 years with no QB or young talent.

DVontel

Rookie
Good signing. 1 year deal. Solid run blocker, except they like to sling it so...
WIN NOW because if we don't we'll be older than dirt in 2 years with no QB or young talent.
Peterson, Tyrann, Bucannon, Chandler Jones, David Johnson, Floyd, John Brown, Golden, Gunter, & Tony Jefferson. I don't know man, that sounds like a lot of young talent to me. I feel like you're putting too much stock into Carson & Fitz with that statement.

Then, there's the draft where there's an okay chance Paxton Lynch could fall to us in the first round.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams need to go after Anquan freaking Boldin. Do it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peterson, Tyrann, Bucannon, Chandler Jones, David Johnson, Floyd, John Brown, Golden, Gunter, & Tony Jefferson. I don't know man, that sounds like a lot of young talent to me. I feel like you're putting too much stock into Carson & Fitz with that statement.

Then, there's the draft where there's an okay chance Paxton Lynch could fall to us in the first round.

I'd call that an overstatement.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weird. I haven't heard anything about him taking visits or having interest. Should get him for a modest deal.

Exactly. Fills two huge needs:
1. Veteran leader on the WR corp
2. Good WR

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Well, Carson is a biggie because he stirs the drink. The OLine is getting old fast too. The talent hasn't been developed there. I know Keim is being revered there in AZ and he's doing a nice job signing FA's and building a win now roster, but i don't see very much talent or should i say sustainable talent. It's all debatable of course. I haven't been impressed with Keim's drafts.

Your best defensive player is Mathieu and quietly in 3 years he's already torn an ACL on both knees, missed 8 games. Great player but he's small. I'd be concerned there.
Patrick Peterson wasn't drafted by Keim. Cromartie was a FA band aid, he has yet to be replaced.
He hasn't been able to draft or sign a pass rusher(until a few days ago, and he may be another rental). The front seven has no depth.

Floyd wasn't drafted by Keim. John Brown has talent but IMO is a prototypical system guy(which isn't a knock on Keim, obviously).
He hasn't found a TE.
Loved the David Johnson pick, said so on your board the day he was drafted.
The OLine picks haven't panned out.
Where's the developmental QB? Your starter is 36 yrs old.
The first rd picks in general....yikes.

He's done a pretty damn good job in FA piecing together a win now team. That's not a bad thing, but are you really confident in his drafting abilities to be able to find young talent consistently? Sustainability? Building a program?

DVontel

Rookie
Well, Carson is a biggie because he stirs the drink. The OLine is getting old fast too. The talent hasn't been developed there. I know Keim is being revered there in AZ and he's doing a nice job signing FA's and building a win now roster, but i don't see very much talent or should i say sustainable talent. It's all debatable of course. I haven't been impressed with Keim's drafts.

Your best defensive player is Mathieu and quietly in 3 years he's already torn an ACL on both knees, missed 8 games. Great player but he's small. I'd be concerned there.
Patrick Peterson wasn't drafted by Keim. Cromartie was a FA band aid, he has yet to be replaced.
He hasn't been able to draft or sign a pass rusher(until a few days ago, and he may be another rental). The front seven has no depth.

Floyd wasn't drafted by Keim. John Brown has talent but IMO is a prototypical system guy(which isn't a knock on Keim, obviously).
He hasn't found a TE.
Loved the David Johnson pick, said so on your board the day he was drafted.
The OLine picks haven't panned out.
Where's the developmental QB? Your starter is 36 yrs old.
The first rd picks in general....yikes.

He's done a pretty damn good job in FA piecing together a win now team. That's not a bad thing, but are you really confident in his drafting abilities to be able to find young talent consistently? Sustainability? Building a program?
Well, you never mentioned the GM picking out the young talent, you just mentioned the young talent itself.

All those guys sans Peterson, Floyd, & Chandler are still solid players Keim has picked out that has contributed to our success one way or another. What teams have had constants hits in the draft every year & managed to be successful with those picks providing a positive impact from day one? Not many.

Where's the developmental QB? My man, there's still a draft this year, lol. I just told you a slim chance of what could happen.

He has picked a TE, he's just been dealing with injures every year until last year, where he played pretty well when he played. His role should expand this year

He's 1/3 on 1st round picks, but going by Keim's word was that Humphries'(2015 1st rounder) rookie year was a redshirt year. You might not buy it, but I'm just going by what he says

Well, until we have a losing season under Keim, I have no choice, but to believe him.

Also, the youngest ≠ best.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He must really want to play with Chase Daniel.
:DNo Comment!:rolllaugh:OoooH! What you said!
#2.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
On NFL Network they brought up about RGIII wanting to play for the Rams in LA. Michael Robinson immediately said that RGIII only wants LA so he can start working on his brand. LOL. He could be right.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Baalke: 49ers haven't spoken with Anquan Boldin
  • By Chris Wesseling

Anquan Boldin has been languishing on the open market as one of the few remaining marquee free agents available.

Although Boldin has stated that he would "love" to re-sign with the 49ers, general manager Trent Baalke revealed this week that he has had no discussions with the veteran wide receiver's representatives.

"I wouldn't say that door has been shut by any stretch," Baalke explained, via CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco. "But where it is, it's where it was when we left off (the season). He's going to explore his options, and we're going to explore ours. We got a draft to go through. It would belater than sooner, in terms of the final decision that's made."

Boldin has been greeted by a cold market after averaging just 11.4 yards per reception in a dysfunctional offense. If he re-signs in San Francisco, Baalke suggests it won't be until May at the earliest.

The Patriots were reportedly in contact with Boldin's camp before they signed Chris Hogan and Nate Washington. Buffalo general manager Doug Whaley responded "never say never" when asked about Boldin, but the Bills just re-signed Leonard Hankerson and are hoping to coax Percy Harvin back into the fold.

If Boldin wants to sign before next month's draft, look for him to target a contender. NFL Media's Rand Getlin reported earlier this month that the 35-year-old wideout wants to play for a team that can compete at the highest level this season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000647629/article/baalke-49ers-havent-spoken-with-anquan-boldin