The mother of all polls (LEMONGATE)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What kind of donuts are the ones that have lemon in them?

• Lemon filled

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lemon jelly

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Dunkin Donuts / Krispy Kreme > "Winchell's Donuts."

I'm sure, if I tried, I could find a hot dog stand in Tennessee that sells lemon jelly hot dogs.
Doesn't make it right though.
throw-penalty-flag1.jpg

Disgusting Mental Image on -X-, 5 yard penalty, repeat 1st down.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dunkin Donuts / Krispy Kreme > "Winchell's Donuts."

I'm sure, if I tried, I could find a hot dog stand in Tennessee that sells lemon jelly hot dogs.
Doesn't make it right though.
Well let's see, Winchell's has been around longer than either of the two and CLEARLY KK's Lemon filled is a creamy lemon custard. Not even close to a Lemon JELLY filled donut. In addition, Lemon JELLY Filled donuts are generally coated with powdered sugar. I've never seen one glazed.
upload_2014-6-9_20-44-52.png

Maybe that is your problem. You are mistaking the two fillings. This is NOT a Lemon JELLY Filled donut.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well my old Norwegian grandfather told me ,son when life hands you lemons ,make jelly.

FWIW it's worked for me for 64 years,hope this helped

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Largest?

In the world?

Ummm.... I don't think they're even the largest in Oklahoma.

9ym4bRE.jpg

And here we have, I guess, the runner-up

9bSButb.jpg

More attempts by Mr. "X" at misleading the voters. I clearly stated "one of" the largest. Mr. "X" or Arnie or whoever he is at this moment would have you believe by the above graphic that Winchell's has only a few locations. Is this really the case? Wikipedia had this to say about Winchell's - "Winchell's Donuts is an international doughnut company founded by Verne Winchell on October 8, 1948, in Temple City, California.[1] As of 2006[update], there are over 170 stores in 12 western states, as well as Guam, Saipan, and Saudi Arabia. Several stores also operated in Nagoya, Japan in the past, with most stores located inside the Uny supermarkets, as Uny Co., Ltd. was the master franchise holder in Japan. It is headquartered in City of Industry, California."

But then Mr. X has a history of misleading voters. Here's what he offered as argument in his last failed campaign:
Watch.
I just forced ketchup into a donut in my kitchen, and I'm calling it a ketchup jelly donut.
Is that a jelly donut now?
Or is a ketchup-filled donut?

Really Mr. X? Really?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
All you got - eh? No "nuh uh - YOU are." ???
And, dammit, I've already taken care of that kind of argument twice today!

No offense intended to anyone. Sometimes you gotta laugh at yourself.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watch.
I just forced ketchup into a donut in my kitchen, and I'm calling it a ketchup jelly donut.
Is that a jelly donut now?
Or is a ketchup-filled donut?
I think that illustrates my point nicely.
No matter what you put in a donut, you're entitled to call it jelly?

Lemon filling (jelly)
Ketchup (jelly)
30 weight oil (jelly)

What's in an actual jelly donut?
Jelly.

Everything else is filling.

Jmb77.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think that illustrates my point nicely.
No matter what you put in a donut, you're entitled to call it jelly?

Lemon filling (jelly)
Ketchup (jelly)
30 weight oil (jelly)

What's in an actual jelly donut?
Jelly.

Everything else is filling.

Jmb77.gif
Trying to deflect the deceit in your campaign with intimidation again - eh? Well I won't be bullied and I doubt the good voters of this board will bow to your overt threats.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Trying to deflect the deceit in your campaign with intimidation again - eh? Well I won't be bullied and I doubt the good voters of this board will bow to your overt threats.
I beg your pardon, good sir?

I'm merely appealing to the keen analytic minds of our members.
I think they're able to ascertain what qualifies as jelly and what qualifies as filling.

Why do you hate our members?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I beg your pardon, good sir?

I'm merely appealing to the keen analytic minds of our members.
I think they're able to ascertain what qualifies as jelly and what qualifies as filling.

Why do you hate our members?
Seems to me you think our members are stupid. I'm going to guess they don't like that when it comes time to go to the polls. What have you got against being honest with our constituents?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Indeed the members of ROD nation know that an industry standard is an industry standard. They know you wouldn't put petroleum jelly on a piece of toast but it is still referred to as JELLY. They know that lip stick is not actually a stick. They know that a boner has no actual bone in it or that a pecker doesn't have a beak. So your insistence that a substance put into a donut cannot be called JELLY by virtue of it being made from lemon is simply ludicrous. I have total faith in the intelligence of the members here and they will indeed see through your evidence which is thinner than your hairline.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Seems to me you think our members are stupid. I'm going to guess they don't like that when it comes time to go to the polls. What have you got against being honest with our constituents?
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Whoa.

You're calling our members stupid now?

I'm not going to sit here and listen to this.

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Indeed the members of ROD nation know that an industry standard is an industry standard. They know you wouldn't put petroleum jelly on a piece of toast but it is still referred to as JELLY. They know that lip stick is not actually a stick. They know that a boner has no actual bone in it or that a pecker doesn't have a beak. So your insistence that a substance put into a donut cannot be called JELLY by virtue of it being made from lemon is simply ludicrous. I have total faith in the intelligence of the members here and they will indeed see through your evidence which is thinner than your hairline.

kcnqdxktmx.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good night, my fellow RODericans.

I trust you'll do the right thing. :cheers:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So now Mr. "X' is Collin Farrell? That is about as true as his assertions. I can't wait to see who he is next and what lies he will tell in order to be right. I've called my esteemed opponent on so many of his fabrications, I can hardly keep track of them or even who he really claims to be. Can you really trust someone who doesn't even know who he is to know the nuances of Lemon Jelly?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Indeed the voters will make the correct decision. When they really study the question, they will be left with no other conclusion. Lemon Jelly is what is in a Lemon Jelly Filled donut. It is really all this election boils down to.

upload_2014-6-9_21-57-14.png