The most pleasant surprise thru 2 games...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
TJ McDonald

He's played at a probowl level thru 2 games. Dude has been outstanding.
Yeah i wanted to put him in there w.Quick and Gaines...but i had to go Gaines just because he's a rook and has been forced into a tough spot early.
TJMac has been really fun to watch.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, if we're taking this stance, I'd be much happier with Blake Bortles than I would Sammy Watkins. Especially with the way our WRs have stepped up.

It would have solved the whole, what do you do with Bradford now issue wouldn't it?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Well, if we're taking this stance, I'd be much happier with Blake Bortles than I would Sammy Watkins. Especially with the way our WRs have stepped up.

With what we know now I couldn't agree more. And I still like the Robinson selection over Watkins as, while nice, an immediate contribution doesn't necessarily provide for the best contribution overall for the team. Example, Givens had more of an immediate contribution, but Quick seems to be by far the better WR and should have a more promising career with the team (barring injury).

Even if you drop one from Quick, Britt, Bailey, Austin, Pettis, and Givens, Watkins would still be overkill at the position for a supposed run first team, IMO.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Better be careful, you will be labeled a heretic for saying you want Watkins over Robinson... but I agree with you!
It's spilled milk, you can't go back and re-draft, AND we don't know their fates/careers yet, it's ONLY 2 games into their rookie season's for cripes sakes, not a time table a career makes...

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
If Tj McD turns out even as good as his dad was, I'll be happy. He seems to be making some strides already. McCleod .... he is ok. .. but I really wish we could pair TJ with someone like Keith Lyle was .... that would be an awesome duo!

Athos

Legend
Gaines isn't a surprise at all. Never had a doubt about his ability to transition quickly to the NFL.

The biggest surprise is just how quickly it appears Quick has come on these 1st two games.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Quick, McDonald, Gains, Jenkins, Joyner, Donald(Get that man starting the game!!!!!), all receivers catching the ball, secondary in general.
I want to add Westbrooks and Bayer to this list but Fisher needs to get them in the game first, especially Westbrooks. I'm tired of watching this defense faulter and westbrooks sit onthe bench.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well said my friend!
He did miss a big one late in the game last week.He kept running instead of waiting for the ball.It could have cost the Rams the game.They got lucky & your only as good as your last(miss) catch ?
I also say The Rams get beat again by Dallas.
Last year was the beginning of the end & need to be proven wrong.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Quick, McDonald, Gains, Jenkins, Joyner, Donald(Get that man starting the game!!!!!), all receivers catching the ball, secondary in general.
I want to add Westbrooks and Bayer to this list but Fisher needs to get them in the game first, especially Westbrooks. I'm tired of watching this defense faulter and westbrooks sit onthe bench.
Hayes does not look like his old self. E. Simms looks good,but stupid penalties.

bskrilla

Starter

Well in the first game you still had Long, and even after Long went down you still have Hayes and Sims who are proven back-up NFL DE's. Even after all that Westbrooks still played in the second game. He was in on 13 snaps and recorded no stats.

I think we all like what we saw out of him in the preseason, but to argue that he should be getting more playing time than Hayes or even Sims at this point is a little premature.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
That Brian Quick has finally become the player we thought he could be.