The most over-rated of the playoff "locks"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There are a few bubble teams, like Dallas/Philly and a whole pack of them in the AFC... I'm talking specifically about the teams that pretty much have their spot locked up. Which of these teams don't stand a chance going to the Super Bowl?

In the NFC:

Seattle
San Francisco
New Orleans
Carolina
Detroit

In the AFC:

New England
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Denver
Kansas City

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Me:

NFC
Seattle and San Francisco have the best shot to represent the NFC. I give an outside chance to New Orleans.

I'm impressed with Carolina's defense; but I'm not buying into Cam Newton's ability to win a tough game in the spotlight.

Detroit is so inconsistent... I don't think anyone will be taking them seriously.

The verdict; Detroit and Carolina - No chance! (ditto for the NFC East winner)

AFC
New England and Denver have the best shot to represent the AFC. Denver is a very good team and probably everyone's favorite.

New England doesn't strike me as a Super Bowl "quality team"... but they always play tough and they are always "in the game"... therefore they can always win it.

Cincy is a sleeper to watch. They are very under the radar.

KC could make a run. They have a good defense. This 3 game losing streak worries me, however.

Indy is a dog's breakfast. They ain't going anywhere.

The verdict; Indy - No chance! (ditto for the AFC 6th seed)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The NFC has only one team that might have a chance with the Seattle Seahawks ....The Panthers..... the rest have little chance in traveling to that far wet cold NW outside in the weather in January in Seattle.

The AFC is muddier KC & The Colts do not have a chance IMO. The Cinn team could be a spoiler if they get hot but otherwise its a NE vs Denver.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The NFC has only one team that might have a chance with the Seattle Seahawks ....The Panthers..... the rest have little chance in traveling to that far wet cold NW outside in the weather in January in Seattle.

The AFC is muddier KC & The Colts do not have a chance IMO. The Cinn team could be a spoiler if they get hot but otherwise its a NE vs Denver.

Interesting choice; the Panthers.

I'm interested in hearing more why you like them against Seattle.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
They are a young tough and very mean team that is only now figuring out just how to win on a constant basis. I do not like this team at all but IMO they have the mental toughness to go through the tough menu of wild card travel & win. The Saints are not as strong as many think. The dome team Saints IMO will fade down this short stretch here to the Panthers too. That would make the Carolina team chances that much better.

One constant in my NFL life is ....teams I usually dislike a bunch .....have a great tendency to win & end up playing in the SB too.....:slap::disappoint:....so I use this lack of luck on my part as a leading indicator...sorta sick is it not :cray:?

When I do this I am usually right. so you heard it here ....based on BonifayRam long history of many yrs of poor luck......Carolina Panthers play in the SB. So I can watch Cam Newton's sorry face & stupid mouth all over the slobbering sports press cameras.....vomit time! But Cam will be great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Indy from the AFC.

Detroit from the NFC.

Both are similiar in terms of disappointing losses in games they should win.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Indy has to be by far the worst playoff "lock" out there. They are a decent team in a terrible division.