The most evil coach in the history of basketball is back...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-to-college-coaching-shouldnt-matter-too-much

Dave Bliss, the monster who tried to paint a murdered athlete as a drug dealer to cover up the fact that he paid his tuition, is back in coaching after a ten year show-cause that expires later this year.

Meanwhile, Abar Rouse, the guy who exposed this motherfucking pile of horseshit, still can't get a job anywhere in basketball.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I clicked on this thinking it was about Duke.

What? Coach K, as much of a hypocrite as he is, never did anything remotely similar to what Bliss did. Coach K isn't evil. Bliss is unrepentant, unremorseful, and keeps doing the same things at high schools that got him suspended in college.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Sorry should have added a smiley, it was just an attempted joke at the thread title. I know nothing of the discussion and I will shut my hole now. :oops:

Memento

Name
Jemma
Sorry should have added a smiley, it was just an attempted joke at the thread title. I know nothing of the discussion and I will shut my hole now. :oops:

I'm sorry for snapping the way I did. It's just that...if your kid was an athlete who was murdered, and the coach tried to paint him/her as a drug dealer, how would you feel if the coach leeched onto another team the moment he could?

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Dave Bliss, the monster who tried to paint a murdered athlete as a drug dealer to cover up the fact that he paid his tuition, is back in coaching after a ten year show-cause that expires later this year.

Meanwhile, Abar Rouse, the guy who exposed this motherfucking pile of horseshit, still can't get a job anywhere in basketball.

Since he's taking a job at an NAIA school, does the 10 year show-cause penalty have any impact on that? I'm not sure if Parrish is bringing it up in the article to show that the NCAA would welcome him back shortly or that his penalty was too short. Seems like he's having a hard time coming to terms with the penalty and is trying to talk himself off of a ledge that Bliss is working again.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Since he's taking a job at an NAIA school, does the 10 year show-cause penalty have any impact on that? I'm not sure if Parrish is bringing it up in the article to show that the NCAA would welcome him back shortly or that his penalty was too short. Seems like he's having a hard time coming to terms with the penalty and is trying to talk himself off of a ledge that Bliss is working again.

Any school belonging to the NCAA - including NAIA - would be affected by a show-cause. NAIA respects those penalties. High schools don't have to abide by them; he screwed over a high school that he was working at by illegally recruiting students there.

I'm trying to talk myself off of a ledge as well. This bastard shouldn't be anywhere near a child.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The most evil coach in the history of basketball...

Was my high school basketball coach. He was also my Biology teacher so he already had an ingrained dislike of me. I sat on the bench for the most part of every game but every now and then he would look at me and say RAMSinLA get in there. And then he would just laugh and tell me to sit down. :LOL: What a jerk! Oh well it wasn't really my sport. :sneaky: