The Mobile Phone

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Your mobile phone

• Android

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Apple

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Windows

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Blackberry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • None

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The mobile phone... It's become something "you have to have".

When you forget it at home, most of the time you turn around and go get it.

We've rationalized the need to have one; "Personal safety". "Safety of our kids". "Just in case family or friends need to reach me". "Emergencies at work". Etc.

But it's not just a phone. For many of us; it's a personal organizer, email, address book, password keeper, weather guide, GPS, etc.

How did we survive without them?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The mobile phone... It's become something "you have to have".

When you forget it at home, most of the time you turn around and go get it.

We've rationalized the need to have one; "Personal safety". "Safety of our kids". "Just in case family or friends need to reach me". "Emergencies at work". Etc.

How did we survive without them?

I cant leave home without mine my Job seems to think they need to have 24/7 potential to contact me since no one else seems to know how to do my job lol. And to be quite honest to some extent it is good to have one say if you car breaks down your not dependent on some strange ass person for help anymore lol

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
It's a great way for people to not have to make eye contact with anyone anymore

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was part of the team that developed the 1st smart phone... The Handspring Treo which morphed into WebOS. It's still the best mobile OS around, even though Carly at HP bought it and buried it. A sad day for the digital mobile customer indeed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3SZ_20kZI

WebOS was nice. Lots of potential and could have been an industry leader with better strategy.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I was part of the team that developed the 1st smart phone... The Handspring Treo which morphed into WebOS. It's still the best mobile OS around, even though Carly at HP bought it and buried it. A sad day for the digital mobile customer indeed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3SZ_20kZI

I wish I had Tobias Funke in my contacts.

But seriously it's important to put the phone down sometimes.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have a galaxy s5, but that Windows phone looks pretty cool. Then again, with Android, Google and Windows, I can sync everything from phone to PC (and vice-versa) without it, so I'm fine with what I have. Just not a fan of the Apple OS. But others love it, so live and let live.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have a galaxy s5, but that Windows phone looks pretty cool. Then again, with Android, Google and Windows, I can sync everything from phone to PC (and vice-versa) without it, so I'm fine with what I have. Just not a fan of the Apple OS. But others love it, so live and let live.

I have the 5 too and also am considering the Windows phone. I was looking at them awhile ago and the big deterrent was the lack of apps, and that's still the case. But man that is a nice phone and gets great reviews from people who own them.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, it is hard to imagine now having my smart phone now. As you mention, it is more than just a phone. It is basically a PC with an amazing camera to boot. I had my Note 2 for damn near 3 years and it just went tits up on me last week. Decided to change it up a bit and went with the LG G4 over the S6 and Note 4. So far I like it alright. Phones have reached a plateau as far as real feature breakthroughs, and all new flagship models do almost all of the same things equally for the most part. I just wanted a new UI to mess with.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have one of those new Note Edges. The other four members of my immediate family all have IPhones. They think I'm a weirdo for liking my Note better.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I deliberately leave my phone home on some short trips. We've lost the art of just enjoying some things in life because we're so tied to those devices. I get aggravated at my GF sometimes... she's always got it in her hands. Really? I ask.

I have an HTC One M_8... love the device. Been Android since day one.... nothing against Apple - except for some of their customers, who border on the obsessive.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have one of those new Note Edges. The other four members of my immediate family all have IPhones. They think I'm a weirdo for liking my Note better.

I'm not sold on the "edge" feature because I'm a lefty and when I hold a phone my fingers are wrapping around that side and I'm guessing that I would be opening apps all day. The Note is a great phone, probably the best, I have an S5 and won't be upgrading to the S6 because it isn't that much better. When the S7 comes out I'll peep at it, and I expect it to be an amazing because it seems like they really turn things up every other phone and it's the odd numbers. The first one, the 3 and then the 5 are the phones that have been the better ones. so I expect that trend to continue since the S6 doesn't really deliver a huge upgrade over the S5.

I noticed your clan had iPhones and I was sad to see that. It's like having a Cowboy fan in the family. You love them but wish they weren't "broken". :ROFLMAO:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm not sold on the "edge" feature because I'm a lefty and when I hold a phone my fingers are wrapping around that side and I'm guessing that I would be opening apps all day. The Note is a great phone, probably the best, I have an S5 and won't be upgrading to the S6 because it isn't that much better. When the S7 comes out I'll peep at it, and I expect it to be an amazing because it seems like they really turn things up every other phone and it's the odd numbers. The first one, the 3 and then the 5 are the phones that have been the better ones. so I expect that trend to continue since the S6 doesn't really deliver a huge upgrade over the S5.

I noticed your clan had iPhones and I was sad to see that. It's like having a Cowboy fan in the family. You love them but wish they weren't "broken". :ROFLMAO:

You can use the Edge feature on the bottom or the top... that might help with your left handed handicap. LOL

The edge feature is way more functional than I ever thought it would be. It's not what you're thinking. Once you get used to the location and functionality... you'll wonder why all phones don't have it.

Everything else in our house is Apple though,,, so I'm guilty too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got the first Note. The 2nd Note. I loved those devices!

Now, I've got an iPhone 6 now since the whole damn family is on iPhone.