the missing puzzle piece

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

crazyhorns

Rookie
Going into training camp what piece do you think is missing that will make this team a serious contender?

To me it's a playmaker who wants the ball in big moments.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
A talented free safety at this point. Still not too confident in McLeod in coverage, and I'm not sure if our secondary will be good with him back there. And great teams can and will take advantage of that. I'm praying Gregg will be able to hide the weaknesses well enough and play to the strengths.

I hope I'm wrong about McLeod though. If he turns out to be even a decently good safety, we'd be set in our D. I get that he has good instincts and everything, and he was basically a rookie, so it's possible he could get better. He was just late too many times for my liking.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
A young offensive mind on the coaching staff who can help Shotty design game plans and is able to adjust on the fly to the different looks we get.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Not doubting any of of the players we have there now but I would a FS who played like Sean Taylor, Earl Thomas, or Ed Reed.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
One more good O-Tackle in case Long doesn't come back 100% or gets hurt again.

2 Wide Receivers to step up. They might already be on the roster, just need to step up.

One more above average Linebacker. Laurenitis and Ogletree are good, but one more either needs to step up or be brought in.

Improvement in the secondary. I think this is solved already with Coach Williams and this years draft picks, but the proof will be in the pudding.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Going into training camp what piece do you think is missing that will make this team a serious contender?

To me it's a playmaker who wants the ball in big moments.

Sounds like Tavon Austin.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
One more good O-Tackle in case Long doesn't come back 100% or gets hurt again.

If Long does not stay healthy this year, we're almost definitely getting one more tackle next year (though they could kick Robinson out to LT and resign Barksdale). Tackles are such a premium though that it wouldn't have been a good idea to have a starting quality one riding the bench just in case.

I would think the plan for this year is Saffold would kick out to tackle and Joseph would spell him at guard.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We aren't missing anything. "True contenders" have less than we do on several fronts. We're good...

We just need to execute.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Like everyone has said; we are due a little luck to stay healthy... Because this team is going to be good.

Good enough? We are very young! I think we are entering a window where this team becomes a regular threat in the playoffs.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
If Long does not stay healthy this year, we're almost definitely getting one more tackle next year (though they could kick Robinson out to LT and resign Barksdale). Tackles are such a premium though that it wouldn't have been a good idea to have a starting quality one riding the bench just in case.

I would think the plan for this year is Saffold would kick out to tackle and Joseph would spell him at guard.

No fault with your logic. You think the Rams might be on the lookout for a veteran camp cut OT?

Luck...that's with a small l, not the guy who threw 3 INTs against us.

I see what you did there, well played sir.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
No fault with your logic. You think the Rams might be on the lookout for a veteran camp cut OT?
If someone interesting is available, of course I hope we make a move. But no need to get just any body in there given that we could kick Saffold back outside and bring in Joseph.

Admittedly, it's not an ideal situation, but it'd be better than a JAG guard, and I'm not sure if Robinson is ready right now for LT given the concerns about his pass blocking skills. I do think he could kill there in the future though.

RamWoodie

Legend
Certain positions require experience...this team is young at Safety, and teams will test young defensive players. Veteran help at Safety is an issue...someone who can clue in the youngsters.