The Michael Brockers Injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I think this is going over looked by a WIDE margin. But I immediately noticed how vulnerable the entire defense looked without him. Brockers is a critical player on this team. The game completely changed when he went out and I'm not even exaggerating. Please tell me I'm not the only one to notice this? We have to lock him up long term and solidify the NT position

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Noticed the Falcons went super run heavy after he left the game. Were pretty much effective, too.

jap

Legend
First of all, he is not a NT in Wade's scheme. Secondly, I thought we resigned Michael some time ago. As strong as Aaron is, it is Michael "The Incredible Brock" Brockers who is our strongest DL guy. He formerly played NT with DC Greg Williams in the last coaching regime, where he regularly occupied 2-3 blockers, freeing Aaron and others up for easy 1-on-1 matchups. He lost some 30 pounds this season---down to about 305 lbs.---but he is still a prize bull on defense. With him out with the knee injury, we were limited in our ability to substitute freely, and that almost assuredly helped to extend some of Atlanta's long drives.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Noticed the Falcons went super run heavy after he left the game. Were pretty much effective, too.

Yep the Falcons knew how badly it weakned the run defense. With Brock at 5T and Donald on the other DE at 3T the NT is protected, which is why the run defense worked so much better after Brock was moved there.

Rams need some help in the front seven. NT and a young OLB would change everything.

Ellard80

Legend
well it did hurt for sure.. but our offense that averages 30 pts a game scored 13.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Brockers is a huge part of this defence. Atalanta unsurprisingly had a much better second half offensively once he was out.

Once thing this defence lacks generally is depth. We need to fix that in the off-season. Our team was pretty healthy this year. You can't count on that every campaign.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
well it did hurt for sure.. but our offense that averages 30 pts a game scored 13.
Your offense can't score if you dont have the ball.
Atl put up some long drives running the ball
I don't know the exact number, but out time of possession was really low

nighttrain

Legend
Atlanta had us 2-1 in time of possession, and they tackled better, just the better team in this game
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Brockers injury crippled our run defense. It completely changed the game. The Falcons were able to hold the ball for most of the second half and walk down the field with ease. I don't see that happening with Brockers in the game. It fucking sucks to have such a big injury in a key game. Brockers is the most important player on our run D.

If Brockers is in the game, we get more second-half possessions, and I think we have a completely different game on our hands.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Your offense can't score if you dont have the ball.
Atl put up some long drives running the ball
I don't know the exact number, but out time of possession was really low
Yeah, Atlanta kind of played an almost perfect game of Fisherball. Smothering nasty defense. Incredibly long, slow, time consuming drives.

And those long drives are why they're undefeated if they score 20 I think. If they put together enough of those drives to score 20 points, top is probably really lopsided like today. Just a theory though. I'm not looking into the numbers. I'm going to just pretend it's ok and enjoy next season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We need another guy just like him...always liked Brockers....he is irreplaceable in our defense...due to his size and talent.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Hopefully it's not an ACL because that would hurt with him missing most of next year. We were not the same at all with Brock out.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We need another guy just like him...always liked Brockers....he is irreplaceable in our defense...due to his size and talent.

Well, we have a slightly better chance at Da'Ron Payne...

Honestly, I have no idea who we'll prioritize due to not knowing the final injury state or who stays and goes in FA.

But it's gonna be far more interesting not looking for saviors.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Honestly, I have no idea who we'll prioritize due to not knowing the final injury state or who stays and goes in FA.

But it's gonna be far more interesting not looking for saviors.
Once the combine and post season college games roll around...I'm sure there are a few unknown 6'4, 330 lb monsters we could grab in the middle rounds...just need to target one.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Da’Ron Payne seems to fit us best, but who knows if we pick one up in FA or trade prior to the draft. Agree we need a legit NT

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, Atlanta kind of played an almost perfect game of Fisherball. Smothering nasty defense. Incredibly long, slow, time consuming drives.

And those long drives are why they're undefeated if they score 20 I think. If they put together enough of those drives to score 20 points, top is probably really lopsided like today. Just a theory though. I'm not looking into the numbers. I'm going to just pretend it's ok and enjoy next season.

What was the number in the turn over game. I did not listen to McVays presser , but he always says that is usually the biggest stat. ? 2-0 ?

Is Tavon Austin gone ?

Brockers is key to The Rams defense.He was the start of The Rams Fisher ball, being his first draft pick.

The number one thing about the Falcons was the quick pass to Jones over the DT/DE spot , plus the run plays.The Rams had no answer.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Brockers is a critical player on this team. The game completely changed when he went out and I'm not even exaggerating. Please tell me I'm not the only one to notice this? We have to lock him up long term and solidify the NT position

Secondly, I thought we resigned Michael some time ago.

9/13/2016: Signed a four-year, $39.271 million contract. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed.

2018: $5 million (+ $5 million roster bonus)
2019: $7.77 million (+ $2.22 million roster bonus)
2020: Free Agent

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
9/13/2016: Signed a four-year, $39.271 million contract. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed.

2018: $5 million (+ $5 million roster bonus)
2019: $7.77 million (+ $2.22 million roster bonus)
2020: Free Agent

Well good then. That's money well spent. The team is clearly going to need him.