The Marijuana Question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Illegal -

Smoke, get higher than a kite. Wake up the next day feeling good.

Legal-

Drink, get hammered till you can’t walk straight. Wake up the next day with a raging headache, dehydrated as fuck, wanting to throw up.

Legalize it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i have no interest in pot.

my only concern is the money i have invested in medicinal cannabis stocks. they're on the verge of going sky high. hopefully i have invested in the right company.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Former Ram Kyle Turley gives his opinion.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q-iN8LZ7Yo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpc4B9fmOv4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bv96cxIbpo

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...stimate-marijuana-use-players-high/536254002/

Former NBA, NFL athletes estimate marijuana use among players is higher than 80%
Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY Sports

Former NBA player Kenyon Martin, the No. 1 pick in the 2000 draft, said in an interview with Bleacher Report published Friday that he believes “85% of the league” smoked marijuana during his career.

Former tight end Martellus Bennett thought the number was even higher in the NFL, where injuries and physical pain are more prevalent.

"I want to say about 89% (of the NFL used marijuana)," Bennett told Bleacher Report in a separate interview among former NFL players.

Marijuana is one of the NBA and NFL's banned substances, with a failed drug test leading to a suspension and fine — even for players in states where marijuana is legal. Former NFL player John Moffitt noted that the league is essentially "looking away" by only testing once a year.

Matt Barnes, another former NBA player who retired after the 2016-17 season, said he smoked pot before games throughout his 14-year career. He also said there was hypocrisy among NBA teams' top brass when it came to marijuana use.

"The GMs, coaches, presidents (were smoking). I mean, it goes deeper than what you think," Barnes said. "Some of the people that are cracking whips and suspending us are smoking weed."

Former NFL defensive lineman Shaun Smith said he used to smoke "two blunts before every game" over the span of his 10 seasons in the league. He echoed Barnes' point.

"Shoot, coaches do it. Personnel does it, people upstairs do it," Smith said. "Quarterbacks, guys that are your captains, leaders of the team smoke.

"Everybody has their reason. They do it for their pain."

Terrific share PT. That Vice episode was awesome!

fearsomefour

Legend
Illegal -

Smoke, get higher than a kite. Wake up the next day feeling good.

Legal-

Drink, get hammered till you can’t walk straight. Wake up the next day with a raging headache, dehydrated as freak, wanting to throw up.

Legalize it.
The sickest I have ever been was on edibles.
Like take me to the emergency room sick.

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
But you can come to practice stuffed full of addictive opioids. Because they don't smell, and it's effect is unseen. I'm not attacking your point, just the outdated thinking around the legalization of dangerous painkillers for these athlete's and the ban on a seemingly harmless plant.
pretty much agree, it's not harmless nor without an impairing effect but certainly better than being addicted to more dangerous alternatives.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sorry, I work for a company that has dozens of semi trucks on the road daily. That’s not going to happen and I hope it doesn’t ever happen.

Gotta correct something because this keeps getting repeated.

They ALREADY have altered the DUI laws to include ANY substance that impairs the ability to drive safely. Other industries with OSHA requirements have also adjusted.

As well, 1) CBD compounds can have NO THCx compounds which means that there's none of the psychotropic ingredients.
2) the limited research shows that CBD compounds can heal the brain. I've mentioned in the past the Israeli researcher who discovered THC has actually seen this using live animals.
3) I won't go into the political ramifications of why any prohibitions exist, but let's just say that the current AG Jeff Sessions' thinking on this spells it out pretty clearly, "Good people don't use marijuana."

Lastly, trucking is going to be mostly automated in a decade, anyway. So, unless Autonomous driving systems can get high, it's rapidly not going to be an issue.

Lastly, there are Vets like me with brain injuries who don't use medical cannabis because they don't want to worry about the uncertainty of the status of federal benefits/access to healthcare when it's found in a test.

I couldn't smoke it due to my asthma, but I've wanted to try edibles for a long time. (I would need the indica strain? The body one because the head oriented high would actually make my migraines worse or have the chance... and no way on that.)

Last edited:

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Edibles is the number one reason people freak out and end up getting sick and the reason is because it can take 30 to 2 hours to feel anything. So people new to it take more than they can handle because ‘they don’t feel anything so let me eat more’. Lol

edit: relevant comic

fP2vG93.jpg

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Edibles is the number one reason people freak out and end up getting sick and the reason is because it can take 30 to 2 hours to feel anything. So people new to it take more than they can handle because ‘they don’t feel anything so let me eat more’. Lol

I hope one day to avoid that.

Then again, as someone who's had to take opiate pills on occasion, they don't typically kick in for 30 mins.

2 hours would be tough (especially if taken for a migraine...or acute pain) but considering how long it can last, it'd just be something to pay attention to.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Back in the 70's two of my buddies and I bought a large amount of pot and invited three women we knew to spend the weekend with us. They mixed the pot into brownies, spaghetti, and tea. I missed three days of work because of that. Higher than a kite, throwing up, etc. Never again! Not the kind of edibles you meant? :cool:

fearsomefour

Legend
Back in the 70's two of my buddies and I bought a large amount of pot and invited three women we knew to spend the weekend with us. They mixed the pot into brownies, spaghetti, and tea. I missed three days of work because of that. Higher than a kite, throwing up, etc. Never again! Not the kind of edibles you meant? :cool:
Same idea.
This was stuff that was for terminal cancer patients. Didn't know it.
Sick as a dog.
Have a friends son (15 years old) who got sick on edibles as well. He ended up in his girlfriends parents house. Sick as a dog in the bathroom. Peed is pants. Not a great night.
The weird thing is I could barely talk. I knew what's I wanted to say and could form the thoughts just could not get my mouth to work.
My friend called me worried about her son....exact same thing. Could barely talk.
It isent like the cheap stink weed of our youth

nighttrain

Legend
made a wonderful kettle of spaghetti sauce back then, cleaned and added an ounce of good grade pot, wonderful meal, great high
train

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I hope one day to avoid that.

Then again, as someone who's had to take opiate pills on occasion, they don't typically kick in for 30 mins.

2 hours would be tough (especially if taken for a migraine...or acute pain) but considering how long it can last, it'd just be something to pay attention to.
If you’re using medically I would suggest products with high CBD low THC if you don’t want to get the high feeling.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The weird thing is I could barely talk. I knew what's I wanted to say and could form the thoughts just could not get my mouth to work.

I tried LSD three times in my youth. The third time I got scared because I didn't think it would ever end. That was the last time. The pot weekend with my friends was much worse with the same symptoms you described and it lasted for days.

It isent like the cheap stink weed of our youth

The ones where you bought a baggie for ten bucks filled with seeds and stems, lol? Yup, I remember those days well.

made a wonderful kettle of spaghetti sauce back then, cleaned and added an ounce of good grade pot, wonderful meal, great high
train

It took me years to eat spaghetti again. Today it's still not something I ask for when planning dinner. (n)

fearsomefour

Legend
I tried LSD three times in my youth. The third time I got scared because I didn't think it would ever end. That was the last time. The pot weekend with my friends was much worse with the same symptoms you described and it lasted for days.

The ones where you bought a baggie for ten bucks filled with seeds and stems, lol? Yup, I remember those days well.

It took me years to eat spaghetti again. Today it's still not something I ask for when planning dinner. (n)
Yeah.
Weed poisoning is not fun.
Don't wanna go through that again.
Bad part for me is I started getting sick at a bar and grill. Went to the restroom and was stuck in there for 4 hours before my friend could half carry me out to the car.
Good times.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
If you’re using medically I would suggest products with high CBD low THC if you don’t want to get the high feeling.

Considering I've never been high in my life, I wouldn't mind trying it once (or twice...wink).

But yeah, for pain, I pretty much figured that'd be the course to take.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Been there.

Meanwhile I did a dab and got so high I moved in slow motion and couldn't walk. No sickness feeling though, and it wore off after I went to bed.

Edibles hit me differently though, I don't do them nearly as much, especially since I got sick.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
My doctor offered to give me a prescription for medicine that makes it so you don't feel anything so l can sleep better. I told him I can get my own at a much cheaper cost. He said the medicine he's offering is legal, so I told him so is mine as long as I don't get caught. Long story short, he have me the prescription, my insurance covered all of it, and now I don't care about any of you.:neener:

fearsomefour

Legend
Been there.

Meanwhile I did a dab and got so high I moved in slow motion and couldn't walk. No sickness feeling though, and it wore off after I went to bed.

Edibles hit me differently though, I don't do them nearly as much, especially since I got sick.
It's funny how it has all changed.
From cheap stink weed with stick and rocks in it to a wide variety of very, very potent options.
I was never a big weed guy and hadn't had any in over 20 years when I jumped into the edibles deep end.....way over my head.
My interest is to get into the CBD end of the business as I have seen it have very positive effects for people in my life.