The magic number is 81.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know about that guy but after careful consideration, seeing how many awful passes I've seen from the Rams qbs this season, I'd say the Rams would be at worst 8 and 2.

More concerned about wins than ranking.

That's where I was trying to lead the conversation. I've seen a ton of bad throws - that if they were on target - could have changed the outcome of games. And that's not even mentioning how many receivers that were open who never even got a look. I'm not a fan of Brady at all, but I'm not so delusional that I could argue he wouldn't do any better on this team than who we have. We'd be markedly better on offense with someone like that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is what you asked me. How Brady would do behind a mess of an OL. I just showed you. Oh, and in those 4 games Brady had Gronk, Edelman and LaFell, all of whom are much better than anything Rams have as receivers. And even with those 3 great options, Brady still looked like trash after 4 games, because his OL was a mess. Without those 3, Gronk, Edelman, and LaFell, Brady would had looked even worse. TRASH.

And then Brady threw 14 TDs to 0 Ints over the next 4 games. Did the aliens from Space Jam show up with a football with stolen talent to give to his OL? Or did his OL suddenly develop talent from magic voodoo? Or did Belichick stash all his top OLs until the 5th game to lull the NFL into a false sense of security?

Or could it be that having a QB like Brady allowed the OL to look pretty damn good once they got chemistry down with each other?

I'll take option #3. Especially after seeing Peyton Manning somehow be the least sacked QB in the NFL year after year behind bad OLs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's where I was trying to lead the conversation. I've seen a ton of bad throws - that if they were on target - could have changed the outcome of games. And that's not even mentioning how many receivers that were open who never even got a look. I'm not a fan of Brady at all, but I'm not so delusional that I could argue he wouldn't do any better on this team than who we have. We'd be markedly better on offense with someone like that.

Not only that, the balls would get there on time which would mean much less pressure on the receivers who would be wide open when attempting to make the catch. It always seems the wrs have dbs breathing down their necks attempting to make catches this year. When you watch the replays they're open but because the ball gets there late they're well covered by the time the ball gets there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not only that, the balls would get there on time which would mean much less pressure on the receivers who would be wide open when attempting to make the catch. It always seems the wrs have dbs breathing down their necks attempting to make catches this year. When you watch the replays they're open but because the ball gets there late they're well covered by the time the ball gets there.

That's the biggest thing. The ball will getting out on time which means less stress on the OL and WRs/TEs not having to make every catch with defenders on top of them.

Plus, Brady's ability to control the offense at the LOS would help out everybody including the OL.

And then you have to take into account the fact that defenses can't key in on Gurley with Brady at QB and how good Brady is at using his HBs in the passing game.

Dare I say it...we'd be 9-1 or 10-0 with Brady at QB. We already have a top defense and running game. Now, you're giving us a top 2 QB.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the biggest thing. The ball will getting out on time which means less stress on the OL and WRs/TEs not having to make every catch with defenders on top of them.

Plus, Brady's ability to control the offense at the LOS would help out everybody including the OL.

And then you have to take into account the fact that defenses can't key in on Gurley with Brady at QB and how good Brady is at using his HBs in the passing game.

Dare I say it...we'd be 9-1 or 10-0 with Brady at QB. We already have a top defense and running game. Now, you're giving us a top 2 QB.

I think that pretty much wraps it up from every angle.

maximus

Rookie
And then Brady threw 14 TDs to 0 Ints over the next 4 games. Did the aliens from Space Jam show up with a football with stolen talent to give to his OL? Or did his OL suddenly develop talent from magic voodoo? Or did Belichick stash all his top OLs until the 5th game to lull the NFL into a false sense of security?

Or could it be that having a QB like Brady allowed the OL to look pretty damn good once they got chemistry down with each other?

I'll take option #3. Especially after seeing Peyton Manning somehow be the least sacked QB in the NFL year after year behind bad OLs.

Wrong. The right option is #2. The Patriots got lucky from magic voodoo, they inserted Stork at center in week 5 and he played at a Pro-Bowl level the rest of the way. That move stabilized their line and Brady played like Brady again. Before that, after they traded Mankins, they kept reshuffling the line with no results. If Stork did not ball as soon as he was inserted in the lineup, Brady would had continued to look like in the first 4 games. TRASH.

The Patriots never allowed the young Brady to be Bulgered or David Carred. They had a very good OL throughout his early then middle career. They never allowed defenses to beat young Brady around the clock like Foles got beaten in the GB game. They never had the least experienced OL in the league around the young Brady. After a QB gets hit after hit week after week, his accuracy will drop, that is for sure. The David Carr syndrome. And Foles has been one of the most hit QBs in the league.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wrong. The right option is #2. The Patriots got lucky from magic voodoo, they inserted Stork at center in week 5 and he played at a Pro-Bowl level the rest of the way. That move stabilized their line and Brady played like Brady again. Before that, after they traded Mankins, they kept reshuffling the line with no results. If Stork did not ball as soon as he was inserted in the lineup, Brady would had continued to like like in the first 4 games. TRASH.

The Patriots never allowed the young Brady to be Bulgered or David Carred. They had a very good OL throughout his early then middle career. They never allowed defenses to beat young Brady around the clock like Foles got beaten in the GB game. They never had the least experienced OL in the league around the young Brady. After a QB gets hit after hit week after week, his accuracy will drop, that is for sure. The David Carr syndrome. And Foles has been one of the most hit QBs in the league.

Ah...so all it took for Tom Brady to go from TRASH to MVP caliber was Bryan Stork, a 4th round rookie Center.

Awesome. All we need is a 4th round Center this off-season and Nick Foles can be Tom Brady too. :LOL:

But while we're dealing in facts, you should probably mention that Bryan Stork's first start came against Kansas City in week 4...not Cincinnati in week 5. Which was game #4 that year...when Brady was still playing like trash according to you. That was also Brady's WORST game of the season. Stork also missed games #6 and #7 which were right after Brady suddenly stopped being trash because, according to you, Stork was put in the starting lineup. In those two games, Brady threw 7 TDs to 0 Ints.

Basically, I'm going to call bullshit on Bryan Stork being the answer. He didn't solve any problems against Kansas City. And Brady didn't struggle without him in games #6 and #7 against the Jets and Bills. Nor has Brady had any issues this year despite Stork having missed almost the entire season.

maximus

Rookie
Ah...so all it took for Tom Brady to go from TRASH to MVP caliber was Bryan Stork, a 4th round rookie Center.

Awesome. All we need is a 4th round Center this off-season and Nick Foles can be Tom Brady too. :LOL:

But while we're dealing in facts, you should probably mention that Bryan Stork's first start came against Kansas City in week 4...not Cincinnati in week 5. Which was game #4 that year...when Brady was still playing like trash according to you. That was also Brady's WORST game of the season. Stork also missed games #6 and #7 which were right after Brady suddenly stopped being trash because, according to you, Stork was put in the starting lineup. In those two games, Brady threw 7 TDs to 0 Ints.

Basically, I'm going to call bullcrap on Bryan Stork being the answer. He didn't solve any problems against Kansas City. And Brady didn't struggle without him in games #6 and #7 against the Jets and Bills. Nor has Brady had any issues this year despite Stork having missed almost the entire season.

http://www.tcpalm.com/sports/nfl/ex...t-getting-started-ep-918279778-335414171.html

Wendell injured his knee in a Week 1 loss to the Dolphins, and Dan Connolly stepped in to replace him, but the line struggled early finding its identity.

After some experimentation, offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo decided to insert Stork at center and move Donnolly to guard.

Stork got his first start in Week 4, a 41-14 loss to Kansas City, but was sidelined after the next game for two weeks before earning his spot as the full-time starter in Week 8.

"It was a lot of hurdles all at once, a lot of learning experiences, but I'm thankful for the opportunity," Stork said. "There was a transition ? good days and bad ? but I fought through them and definitely can't complain about how it worked out."

-----------

Ok, the first start was in week 4, in which he did struggle, but he played very well the rest of the way. The article did mention the line struggled before the move. And that was why Brady had so bad numbers. When many were calling him washed up, declining fast etc.

This year they got another good center, undrafted, who has played again very well. But of course, what helped Brady more than anything was having Gronk, Edelman and Amendola all healthy this season, until Edelman injured himself last week.. Rams have no one close to them, especially on 3rd down, apart from Welker.

How Brady looked behind that mess of the OL before Stork was inserted?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13776027/the-day-buried-patriots-qb-tom-brady-nfl

Rodney Harrison [URL='https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/517141973506211840']stated that Brady looked "scared to death" in the pocket. Colin Cowherd cracked that Brady was "softer than a down comforter." Pro Football Focus declared: "we've seen the best of Brady, and the only question remaining is how steep the drop off will be." Donovan McNabb suggested Jimmy Garoppolo might be more effective, and that Brady might have played his final year in New England. The Sporting News hinted that it was time for the Patriots to mull an exit strategy.

------

That is how Brady looked when his OL was a complete mess[/URL]

TexasRam

Legend
There is more to a passing game then what is going on with the center/Oline and QB.

The pass game scheme needs to enter the conversation. A good Scheme (and QB that can execute it) can literally take a pass rush out of the game, which makes the Oline irrelevant. See Aaron Rogers.

It's a cat and mouse game of executing the short pass game and forcing the DL to wait and react and the DB's up to seeing what is happening then at the right time throwing the longer routes into the game plan.

When you have the right coach and QB the offense moves forward when the supporting cast is injured or subpar.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I don't think that's the contention. But it does follow logic to believe that even average QB play would have yielded us at least 3 more wins this year.

And for a brief 6 day period didn't we all think that was exactly what we had! And we were excited about our average QB...

and then we played the Redskins

Athos

Legend
Holy fuck I've never seen such a defense mounted for piss poor QB play. Mystifying.

All our QBs process slow as hell. Brady gets the ball out faster than most QBs which would be an asset. He'd destroy shit with Tavon and a back like Gurley in the passing game.

This shit is hilarious. It's a QB carousel here for a reason. They can't do anything without 10 seconds in the pocket and WRs 15 yards open.