The magic number is 81.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
You know shit has hit the fan when we're arguing over why our flash in the pans aren't as bad as they looked. Especially when they weren't even flash in the pan for us.

WvuIN02

Starter
No rational person who watches football is going to take anyone seriously who calls Tom Brady trash, even people like me who despise that team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CLEARLY a competent QB can make a difference on this team.
Hell, that's the case for every team in the league.
How many times do we need to see graphics similar to this one to accept that fact?

CUdR1l4VAAAsNiY.png:large

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Mr. Trash threw 18 TDs to 2 Ints over the first 8 games last year.

Amendola was constantly injured.

Bradford had a shittier supporting cast in 2012 and was still able to be a competent starting QB. His opening day OL consisted of:
LT: Saffold
LG: Rob Turner
C: Scott Wells
RG: Harvey Dahl
RT: Barry Richardson

And, of course, Saffold and Wells both got hurt. Forcing us to play Quinn Ojinnaka, Shelley Smith, and Joe Barksdale (at LT).

Bradford's top WRs and TEs were Brandon Gibson, Chris Givens, Danny Amendola (who missed 5 games with injury and was ineffective in other games due to nagging injuries), and Lance Kendricks.

Instead of Todd Gurley, Bradford had a declining Steven Jackson.

Yet Bradford managed to look like a NFL QB. And nobody here would confuse him with Rodgers or Brady.

Our QBs are crap. Stop making excuses.

Now there is some perspective lol. Hard to argue the facts lol

maximus

Rookie
Is this post even serious??

Brady won SBs early on in his career with nobody on offense as well. Pass me what youre smoking.

Brady had a very good OL throughout their SB wins. And a very good OL is a big weapon. Their OL coach was one of the best in the biz, if not the best. It seems that you never heard of Dante Scarnecchia. Brady wouldn't had won any SBs with this OL that is for sure.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Brady had a very good OL throughout their SB wins. And a very good OL is a big weapon. Their OL coach was one of the best in the biz, if not the best. It seems that you never heard of Dante Scarnecchia. Brady wouldn't had won any SBs with this OL that is for sure.
So is it your contention that we would be ranked last on offense this year with Brady as our QB?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
On another note, Brock Osweiler started his first game EVA....He was a beast at Az State...I liked him a bunch....But his QB rating...not QBR (how's that @kurtfaulk ?) was 127. something....whatever that means...accurate...simple plays...found his big targets (TE & WRs) downfield....efficient.

Keenum has the wet noodle disease...arm is just...well, we go to Cinnci next week right? Is it windy? Just sayin...Windy City....

maximus

Rookie
So is it your contention that we would be ranked last on offense this year with Brady as our QB?

Brady when his OL was a mess at the beginning of last season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/30/brady-snubs-garoppolo-after-touchdown-drive/

3rd comment

Tom Brady sulking on the sidelines after playing another terrible game. What else is new? Sounds like Alex Smith didn’t feel bad for you either BRADY! You stole 3 rings so it looks good on you. Here some food for thought pats fans.@ Flash1287
Tom Brady’s Stat line this year

-Completion % 59.1 good for 27th in the league, and not much better than Tim Tebow’s career rating I might add.
-Yards a game average is 198 good for 30th in the league.
-Average per pass attempt is 5.77 which is second last in the league and just barely above rookie QB Derek Carr in Oakland LoL!
-Touchdown Passes he has 4 which is good for 21st in the league EJ Manual has more and was just benched I might add, Ryan Fitzpatrick has more and even Ryan Tannehill has more Bwwahahahahaahahah.
-Interceptions 2 is good for 21st in the league which is one stat you want to be low. With the multiple dropped picks against Oakland he really should be leading the league with 4 or 5.
-Sacs 9 which is good for 7th in the league (this isn’t a good thing pats nation)
-QB rating 79.1 which determines how well your playing the position there are only 3 QB playing worse at present moment and that’s Derek Carr, Geno Smith, and Jake Locker.
-Fumbles he leads the league with 5 and also leads the league in fumbles lost with 3. Tom stop eating that popcorn bro! Them fingers are greasy!
-3rd down % is 21 for 58 with a whopping 36% conversion rate. Which ranks 27th in the league and is absolutely pathetic.

-This guy doesn’t deserve to be in the conversation as the best ever. He has a hard enough time winning an argument that he’s better than his back up. Tom Brady is Over rated and since being exposed as a fraud he proves game in and game out he’s a bottom 3rd of the league caliber QB. THIS GUY SUCKS!

That was the great Brady after 4 games when his OL was a mess. TRASH.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
My guess is that with a healthy Brady, and no one knows how long he would be healthy behind our line, we would be no worse that 25th or 26th.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Brady when his OL was a mess at the beginning of last season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/30/brady-snubs-garoppolo-after-touchdown-drive/

3rd comment

Tom Brady sulking on the sidelines after playing another terrible game. What else is new? Sounds like Alex Smith didn’t feel bad for you either BRADY! You stole 3 rings so it looks good on you. Here some food for thought pats fans.@ Flash1287
Tom Brady’s Stat line this year

-Completion % 59.1 good for 27th in the league, and not much better than Tim Tebow’s career rating I might add.
-Yards a game average is 198 good for 30th in the league.
-Average per pass attempt is 5.77 which is second last in the league and just barely above rookie QB Derek Carr in Oakland LoL!
-Touchdown Passes he has 4 which is good for 21st in the league EJ Manual has more and was just benched I might add, Ryan Fitzpatrick has more and even Ryan Tannehill has more Bwwahahahahaahahah.
-Interceptions 2 is good for 21st in the league which is one stat you want to be low. With the multiple dropped picks against Oakland he really should be leading the league with 4 or 5.
-Sacs 9 which is good for 7th in the league (this isn’t a good thing pats nation)
-QB rating 79.1 which determines how well your playing the position there are only 3 QB playing worse at present moment and that’s Derek Carr, Geno Smith, and Jake Locker.
-Fumbles he leads the league with 5 and also leads the league in fumbles lost with 3. Tom stop eating that popcorn bro! Them fingers are greasy!
-3rd down % is 21 for 58 with a whopping 36% conversion rate. Which ranks 27th in the league and is absolutely pathetic.

-This guy doesn’t deserve to be in the conversation as the best ever. He has a hard enough time winning an argument that he’s better than his back up. Tom Brady is Over rated and since being exposed as a fraud he proves game in and game out he’s a bottom 3rd of the league caliber QB. THIS GUY SUCKS!

That was the great Brady after 4 games when his OL was a mess. TRASH.
That's not what I asked you.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I know exactly who he is. But QBs tend to have a lot to do with their OL's success and failure. For example:
2007 - Tom Brady - 3.5% sack%
2008 - Matt Cassel - 8.3% sack%
2009 - Tom Brady - 2.8% sack%

Sandwiched between two years of Tom Brady almost never being sacked was Matt Cassel being sacked more than any other QB in the NFL (47 times).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My guess is that with a healthy Brady, and no one knows how long he would be healthy behind our line, we would be no worse that 25th or 26th.

With a healthy Brady, we'd be ranked in the top half of the NFL...if not in the top 10. Of course, if we had Brady at QB, we wouldn't have this same WR/TE corp.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On another note, Brock Osweiler started his first game EVA....He was a beast at Az State...I liked him a bunch....But his QB rating...not QBR (how's that @kurtfaulk ?) was 127. something....whatever that means...accurate...simple plays...found his big targets (TE & WRs) downfield....efficient.

Keenum has the wet noodle disease...arm is just...well, we go to Cinnci next week right? Is it windy? Just sayin...Windy City....

That's pretty good but it should be passer rating. When it's stated as qb rating it gets confused with qbr.

A passer rating of 80 is mediocre but a qbr of 80 is supposed to be outstanding. Even though krapondick once got a qbr of 100 when he didn't even pass the ball. I think he came in as a sub and ran a few times for over 100 yards and a TD. What a wacky system. It was created by dilfer and espn so you can't expect any different.

maximus

Rookie
That's not what I asked you.

That is what you asked me. How Brady would do behind a mess of an OL. I just showed you. Oh, and in those 4 games Brady had Gronk, Edelman and LaFell, all of whom are much better than anything Rams have as receivers. And even with those 3 great options, Brady still looked like trash after 4 games, because his OL was a mess. Without those 3, Gronk, Edelman, and LaFell, Brady would had looked even worse. TRASH.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That is what you asked me. How Brady would do behind a mess of an OL. I just showed you. Oh, and in those 4 games Brady had Gronk, Edelman and LaFell, all of whom are much better than anything Rams have as receivers. And even with those 3 great options, Brady still looked like trash after 4 games, because his OL was a mess. Without those 3, Gronk, Edelman, and LaFell, Brady would had looked even worse. TRASH.
Still not what I asked you.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't know about that guy but after careful consideration, seeing how many awful passes I've seen from the Rams qbs this season, I'd say the Rams would be at worst 8 and 2.

More concerned about wins than ranking.

maximus

Rookie
Still not what I asked you.

Definitely among the worst. Brady has failed to connect with A TON of receivers throughout his career. Few have ever earned his trust. Taking out Welker, I would definitely put the current receivers of the Rams among those Brady would had failed to connect. No doubt about that. And when I add up the OL mess, with one of the worst LTs in the league, I would definitely say Brady with this offense would be a repeat of the Brady from the first 4 games last season.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
That's a relief... I thought 81 was the number of games the Rams had to win and/or other teams lose to get into the playoffs.... :)