The Luck Of Andrew

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Same could be said for Farve. Considered an all-time great. Most of his comebacks where because of him.

Yup. I was thinking the same thing. Luck looks a lot like Favre. He's more of a gunslinger than I thought he would be.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I blame Bradford for a grand total of 0 interceptions this year. If recievers could catch or at least bat the ball down instead of up, he has 1 in 7 games. If Stacy (I think?) Blocks and Sam isn't hit while he throws he has 0.

14 TD's to 0 picks (due to poor decisions) in 7 games. That is called elite ball security.
I know the pitfalls of going down this path of hypotheticals but in addition to what you're saying, he had 3 TD's taken away by penalty or drop too. 17 TD/0 INT to start the season would have been pretty sweet if only things had bounced differently. And that was with the bad games against SF and DAL. If the Rams had started the year with Stacy and gone with what actually worked from the beginning, this season would have gone a lot differently. I don't know if there's any way they could have made that choice any earlier but I blame part of the delay in how they approached preseason. It would have been nice if they'd tried some of the actual game plays to see if they were going to be effective.

Oh well, I'm just looking forward to next year. 2012 wasn't fool's gold and the team is approaching that mythical corner, hopefully to turn it soon after.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
You should understand, though, that at some point a great majority of Sam Antagonists are only interested in being right about him. Objectivity isn't a factor in those discussions, and they HAVE TO take up positions that are in direct conflict with what they believe ... simply because being right about Sam is the prime objective, and not what Sam will or will not amount to. It's a strange phenomenon.
This phenomenon is biological. Really, it is.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Luck helped his team get in the playoffs in his 2nd year. I think I'd be pretty happy about that if I were a Colts fan.

Yes, but that's one of the worste divisions in football too.

Only weaker division I can think of off hand was the NFCE. That division STINKS!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say right now...that I think this thread isn't going to lead anywhere productive.

I blame Bradford for a grand total of 0 interceptions this year. If recievers could catch or at least bat the ball down instead of up, he has 1 in 7 games. If Stacy (I think?) Blocks and Sam isn't hit while he throws he has 0.

14 TD's to 0 picks (due to poor decisions) in 7 games. That is called elite ball security.

To be fair, I think he should be charged with 2. He had at least 1 dropped int against SF and I'll give him some blame for the Arizona INT.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'll say right now...that I think this thread isn't going to lead anywhere productive.

To be fair, I think he should be charged with 2. He had at least 1 dropped int against SF and I'll give him some blame for the Arizona INT.
Regardless of how the hypothetical numbers could have played out, Bradford was off to a really good start and that was while the team and coaches hadn't figured things out yet. We'd all hoped 2013 would be when it all came together and that Bradford finally being in a system for more than 1 year would pay the dividends overall. Well, I think they paid in terms of Bradford as he was playing at a new level. Maybe not elite but all those little things that so many had questions about were improved. Pocket awareness, deep ball, looking off defenders, whatever. Bradford looked much more polished this year.

The rest of the offense just needed time to catch up. Richardson was a bad call, Austin wasn't acclimated, Quick still hasn't figured it out, the line hadn't gelled...but 2014 won't see the Rams with so many of those problems. There will always be some of them of course but I feel really confident that so many things are going to come together for the offense next year. I was hopeful coming into this year but I'm actually pretty confident about next year. My faith in this front office, scouting department and coaching staff is pretty high and I'm pretty excited about Bradford, Stacy, Bailey, Austin and the o-line under Boudreau. It's been a long time coming but I think this team is coming out of the tunnel.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Productive how? Like we'd solve world hunger with our astute observation skills? lol.

I think 2 sounds about right as well. And you can absolutely add a couple of TDs to his total were it not for the drops and penalties. But I suppose that's the case with all QBs in the league during the course of the season. Add here, subtract there. The bottom line is, we finished right where we finished last year, and there was a LOT more adversity this year. That hump is hard to get over, but once you do....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Productive how? Like we'd solve world hunger with our astute observation skills? lol.

I think 2 sounds about right as well. And you can absolutely add a couple of TDs to his total were it not for the drops and penalties. But I suppose that's the case with all QBs in the league during the course of the season. Add here, subtract there. The bottom line is, we finished right where we finished last year, and there was a LOT more adversity this year. That hump is hard to get over, but once you do....

Productive in the sense that I feel it's a matter of time before someone takes the "it's Andrew Luck...Bradford can't be compared to him stance". Luckily, this board is so much better than the vast majority of Rams boards or else we'd have already seen it pop up.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory

Lol. I love you guys.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My only concern with Sam is durability.

He doesn't have the escapability of Luck or Brees, so he needs a better oline than those two. But, he can make all the throws and capable of mastering this offense.

I have concerns about accuracy and decision making not durability so much.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Productive in the sense that I feel it's a matter of time before someone takes the "it's Andrew Luck...Bradford can't be compared to him stance". Luckily, this board is so much better than the vast majority of Rams boards or else we'd have already seen it pop up.

Bingo. And luck has nothing to do with it. Ha! Get it? Luck? Awe... I kill me.:peek:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have concerns about accuracy and decision making not durability so much.
I have concerns about your decision making too.
Which, subsequently, could affect your durability when I'm done with ya.

*See I can say that now that I'm not an admin.

I think.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have concerns about your decision making too.
Which, subsequently, could affect your durability when I'm done with ya.

*See I can say that now that I'm not an admin.

I think.
Bob needs to keep a better eye on things. Some of these posters are getting a little outta hand. Freakin' bully.