The lesser Steve Smith retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good thing we got his best and final year. :neh:

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bucs-receiver-smith-retires-injury-plagued-career-221800646.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bucs-recei ... 00646.html</a>

(Reuters) - Wide receiver Steve Smith has retired after a six-year injury-plagued National Football League career that included two Pro Bowl selections and a Super Bowl victory, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers said on Wednesday.

Smith won a Super Bowl with the New York Giants in 2008 as part of a career that also included stints with the Philadelphia Eagles and the St. Louis Rams. The Buccaneers signed him as a free agent last month.

Drafted by New York in the second round in 2007, Smith had his best season in 2009, setting a Giants single-season record with 107 receptions, second-most in the NFL that year.

During the past three years, knee injuries limited Smith to playing in only 27 of 48 games.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Another of the injuries waiting to happen GAWN.

I love German accents and linguistic patterns.

"Someone stole my cow last night,I went out to da barn and dere she wass, gawn"

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it still burns me that the rams let go of dax for this waste of roster space.

hopefully givens, austin, quick and bailey can make me forget all about it.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
1340310595681.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Huh. Wish he had done that before he signed that damned contract with us; Alexander was let go because of this bum. Hell, Steve Smith the Lesser was less useful than Craig Dahl, for fate's sake; at least Dahl could play special teams.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Memento said:
Huh. Wish he had done that before he signed that damned contract with us; Alexander was let go because of this bum. Hell, Steve Smith the Lesser was less useful than Craig Dahl, for fate's sake; at least Dahl could play special teams.

Ardunno Mem, DX didn't make it through training camp healthy enough to start the year on the active roster,so I sorta think it wasn't between them as much as it was that Fisher decide DX's future was too uncertain ON HIS OWN.
Smith had we cut him last year I think there would have been a signing bonus acceleration, wouldn't there?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

look at what the rams missed out on.

while you're watching this think of what Gibson and smith brought to the table.

man I hope quick comes on. I have no doubt he will.

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qI0zd6IG4RU[/YouTube]