The Legend of Brandon Scherff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If we take Cooper in the 1st. Then go best OG including converting OT to OG, then grab Marpet in the 3rd

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ok. I see what your thinking here. Ali Marpet may make a decent OLT back up. I sure like this small school OL'er. It would be a vast improvement in our OL in 2015 if Snead can draft a talented OT who can swing.
agreed. I think Marpet would make a great center tbh. But could swing outside if needed until Havenstein gets coached up for a year or two, then he would be the backup LT and RT. After that happenes Marept would be either the starting center or great center/guard depth, or hell, could probably be a starter if Saffold or Cann suck lol. I really like Marpet.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Guys... I am sorry.... I may be wrong here..... and for discussion proposes .... ever since Bruce and Holt...... I feel like every year Rams fans are debating over the best player available vs. The best wr available in the draft. I even feel like unrealistically we rate the wr higher. In truth the last 3 superbowl champion's have not had a true no.1 reciever. If we are trying to upgrade an offense that admittedly is a run first or ground and pound offense..... it a raises a psychological question..... do you take a wr with the no.10 pick that admittedly will share time with Britt, Quick, Baily, and Austin? Or do you draft an o lineman that is plug and play into a already porous line?

Go Rams......... ;)

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Guys... I am sorry.... I may be wrong here..... and for discussion proposes .... ever since Bruce and Holt...... I feel like every year Rams fans are debating over the best player available vs. The best wr available in the draft. I even feel like unrealistically we rate the wr higher. In truth the last 3 superbowl champion's have not had a true no.1 reciever. If we are trying to upgrade an offense that admittedly is a run first or ground and pound offense..... it a raises a psychological question..... do you take a wr with the no.10 pick that admittedly will share time with Britt, Quick, Baily, and Austin? Or do you draft an o lineman that is plug and play into a already porous line?

Go Rams......... ;)

From a need perspective, there is nothing in re-signing Britt and promising to get Austin more active in the offense that screams the team is going to select a WR at #10 (if they keep the pick). However, while I wholeheartedly agree that the 1st Round WR or bust crowd has gone overboard year after year overrating prospects, this may very well be the year that a WR is clearly the BPA on the Rams draft board at #10.

Conversely, what I've begin to notice this year is a 1st Round OLinemen of bust crowd has slowly developed. And this crowd is now overrating these this year's OLine prospects, IMO. Nevermind that free agency isn't over yet and the team could very well plug their OLine holes prior to draft day or, dare I say, outside of the 1st round.

So many focus on round one, but with the exception of Saffold and Greco (who are both NFL starters), last I checked, this team hasn't even addressed the Oline in the 2nd and 3rd round in about 20 years. And they passed on some of the same players fans now want or wanted the team to sign in free agency.

I'm a BPA within reason guy, myself. And in the end, the BPA within reason is always the best way to go. That's how you come up with guys like Aaron Donald, IMO.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Sure I would love to have this rookie in the starting lineup @ OLG, however even I would have a hard time with the use of a top 10 selection on just a OLG.

If Brandon has shown the ability to play some effective pass protection OLT or ORT @ the next level I would jump to get him in the Ram Horns. I just do not see this in him. The Rams need a talented versatile OL'er who can play & start @ OT & OG with the ability to pass block @ the next level.

I like prospects like La'el Collins, Peat & Clemmings much better. Several of those three could be there a dozen picks later in a trade down. Others like DJ Humphries or Ereck Flowers a little later too. Snead also has a good chance of locating a starting OLG with the #41 2nd rd pick like AJ Cann, Cam Erving, Laken Tomlinson or a Ali Marpet who I really like.
You are right, he can't play OT in the NFL. #10 is too high for him. I watched 3 whole games, and none of the teams had draftable defensive lineman, or DE's this year. He gave up 3 sacks in one game, and 2 in the first half of another one, etc. In pass pro - Bad hand placement, shuffles instead of kick sliding, had a hard time anchoring.

In run game, powerful and effective, but still misses too many blocks. Had some whiffs. He's OK at 2nd level, but not always effective. I have more. He has good feet and quickness, understands the game, is a good to very good athlete, and has room to grow with technique, and strength. Not a top 10 pick, not close, unless you see him as a pure Guard, and he's not the best Guard in the draft either.

I'll give him a complete grade, and write up later, if anyone is interested.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I love versatile lineman. He can play G or RT. I just hope Cooper is gone to eliminate the temptation. But if Cooper is there, that's where I'm going. I already got my favorite pick in the second round. That's FSU's center.

paceram

Pro Bowler
If we take Cooper in the 1st. Then go best OG including converting OT to OG, then grab Marpet in the 3rd

I definitely like your scenario if Cooper (Or, White) is still there when the Rams pick but do you like the chances of Marpet still being there when the Rams pick in the 3rd Round? It just sounds like his value is climbing the charts lately.