LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Went to Academy yesterday to pick me up a box of these:
23ta1c.jpg

Which will be used in conjunction with an AR-15 build that I'll be finishing on Thursday.
My next purchase might be this (buddy is giving me a heck of a deal on it...):

series_rd_sparc2.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You forgot to buy the chicken though hahaha.

@IowaRam it looks like they went back to the original font.........or it that a "throwback" t-shirt.
Already had the organic chicken breast, so I didn't have to buy it. Lol. It came out great. The 4 jalapenos I used were spicy, they not always are, but were. I topped it off with Siracha.

It's a jersey, a step up from silk screened, but below sewn on game types, made by Nike. It's comfortable. I like game jersey's better, but I still love it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
23ta1c.jpg

Which will be used in conjunction with an AR-15 build that I'll be finishing on Thursday.

series_rd_sparc2.jpg
Nice, how many do you have now? It's like an obsession for me. Once you build one, more will come.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Nice, how many do you have now? It's like an obsession for me. Once you build one, more will come.
It's actually going to be my first AR.
I've owned a few pistols in the past but eventually got rid of them...I guess they weren't as fun.
My buddy is a huge gun nut and has an arsenal; he's the one that got me shooting an AR and I fell in love.
Already planning my second build...this is gonna get expensive. :ROFLMAO:
Now that I think of it, we need a Firearms thread on here (if one doesn't exist already).

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So this is a shot of my long sought after Golden Puffer. I've been searching for one for a long time and I finally got lucky as of 2 days ago. Got a call that this guy had just been flown in to LA from the Indo-Pacific. Had to believe in some blind faith that this fish would be quality. They are not cheap.

Anyway... he's swimming in my tank now and is already eating which is kinda weird (but very good) for a large fish like this that is just acclimating to his non natural surroundings. This pic is taken in a holding tank... not his new home.

They call them Golden's ... but this guy is like Ram Throwback yellow... and he just flew in from LA. LOL. He's perfect for me.

IMG_5524.jpg

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
So this is a shot of my long sought after Golden Puffer. I've been searching for one for a long time and I finally got lucky as of 2 days ago. Got a call that this guy had just been flown in to LA from the Indo-Pacific. Had to believe in some blind faith that this fish would be quality. They are not cheap.

Anyway... he's swimming in my tank now and is already eating which is kinda weird (but very good) for a large fish like this that is just acclimating to his non natural surroundings. This pic is taken in a holding tank... not his new home.

They call them Golden's ... but this guy is like Ram Throwback yellow... and he just flew in from LA. LOL. He's perfect for me.

IMG_5524.jpg

That thing is epic!!!!

bluecoconuts

Legend
23ta1c.jpg

series_rd_sparc2.jpg

What kind of deal? I get Vortex optics 50% off.

TXRams86

The Infamous
What kind of deal? I get Vortex optics 50% off.
holy...50% is a heck of a discount. may i ask how?
he actually gave me a better deal than originally stated. he was asking $150 for it but he settled for a trade.
ended up trading a spare 4 TB hard drive I had sitting around for it. got it today.

i'm already planning the second build and wouldn't mind running another vortex optic.
if you're offering to help me out with the discount of course :D

bluecoconuts

Legend
holy...50% is a heck of a discount. may i ask how?
he actually gave me a better deal than originally stated. he was asking $150 for it but he settled for a trade.
ended up trading a spare 4 TB hard drive I had sitting around for it. got it today.

i'm already planning the second build and wouldn't mind running another vortex optic.
if you're offering to help me out with the discount of course :D

Through my work, we get huge discounts through various programs. There's a website called 3 point 5, where you sign up and as long as you work in the industry you can do these little tests to become an expert, then buy things for crazy cheap.

Remington for 50% off, Vortex 50%, Surfire 60%, etc etc. Its pretty nice, I got my new scope for 500 bucks after taxes and shipping. It just takes a few weeks to get it.

fearsomefour

Legend
Through my work, we get huge discounts through various programs. There's a website called 3 point 5, where you sign up and as long as you work in the industry you can do these little tests to become an expert, then buy things for crazy cheap.

Remington for 50% off, Vortex 50%, Surfire 60%, etc etc. Its pretty nice, I got my new scope for 500 bucks after taxes and shipping. It just takes a few weeks to get it.
Have a similar thing through my work.
Although, it is more entertainment based, new cars that kind of stuff. Saw Metallica for free in SF and going to see Sabbath in September for free as well. A vacation in April to Denver is covered as well even though there is no work stuff involved. Nice perks.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

IMG_5524.jpg

So I'm guessing you have somewhat of a nice tank huh

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So I'm guessing you have somewhat of a nice tank huh

250 gallon. There was a thread about tanks some time back that I posted some pics in.

I've changed a few things since those pics were taken though. I used to have African cichlids in it and I've recently switched it back over to saltwater.

It's an expensive hobby that I got into when I was 6 years old back in Hawaii. I could just catch all of my fish in nets for FREE there. I've always had at least 1 tank since then. My current one is kickass.

I'm still searching for a few other fish. One of them is a bright red grouper with blue poka-dots. All aggressive fish.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@IowaRam

If you search Fish Tank Enthusiasts you'll find the thread I was talking about. It was from 2013. You can see some pics and a vid of my tank there.

Like I said though... I've made some changes big time since then.

TXRams86

The Infamous

Pretty awesome! I wish I had something like that. The most I get from work is discounts on Disneyland tickets, movie tickets and crap (though they did prove helpful this past summer). I most certainly will be going with a Vortex optic on my next build. Might even be another Sparc II, I really like it. I wanted to give the Strikefire II a shot but I dislike the mount. If only they had the Sparc II in FDE to go with my next build.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Stopped at the gas station today and filled up my wife's car with gas and bought a Nesquik all for under 20 bucks. (y)

concept_1A_1B_Preview-244x300_zpsg7mse2lj.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

IMG_5524.jpg

How are you going to cook that one up? :)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Optics make such a huge difference. I have a main hunting set-up that is my Sako 300 UM. It's a great rifle. But I spent more on my Swarovski 4x12x50 scope. That thing seems to actually generate light. And that plays huge in low light when you end up shooting most of your animals or when trying to pick out a Mulie you just spotted that is bedded down in sage brush 300+ yards away. Confidence on a shot is a great asset out in the field.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is my Miniatus Grouper I finally got just last week. He's about 8.5" long and he eats like a horse. Took him a few days to get comfortable in captivity... he's a boss now.

20160227_203554.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Getting some pretty bitchen fish in there King. What is the next one you are looking at?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Getting some pretty bitchen fish in there King. What is the next one you are looking at?

I'm having a hard time deciding. I might get a triggerfish, but I'm not 100% sure.

When you keep aggressive fish you have to be careful not to just add fish that simply turn into a meal. The grouper already attempted to eat the Harlequin Tusk Wrasse the other day... that fucker is swimming around with half a tail now but he will be fine (it'll grow back). That was before he was really eating properly... I've since got him eating frozen fish that look like sardines twice a day. So now he's kinda fat and happy.

The puffer acts like a dog. He literally follows us around the tank when we walk by. When he sees me bringing food to the tank... which he fully recognizes... he goes ape shit. He tries to swim through the glass he gets so excited. He's an amazing fish. Hard to describe his antics really.

Cammy has tried to name him,,, but I have a strict rule that naming any fish is forbidden. I've learned through the years that naming a fish is a death sentence. LOL. She calls him Puffy and Puff Daddy though anyway. She even makes me call her downstairs before I feed him his morning calm on the half shell because she loves to watch him eat. Hahahaha. She's still not allowed to touch the tank though.

Last edited: