LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The scruff is coming through and seeing as how I'm not participating in "No Shave November" this year, I picked up a few deals:
29xt5oy.jpg

along with a 3 pack of this:
a0j7v5.jpg

Not a bad deal for about $20. 3 tubes of shave gel and a razor handle + 10 6-blade cartridges.
I've been using their 3 blade system for a few months now and I'm overall satisfied with them.
I get a better shave from my Schick Hydro 5 though so I thought I'd give these 6 blade cartridges a try.
My face is stupid sensitive and my scruff grows in every 2 days :mad:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jack skellington tattoo............see "your tattoos" thread in this forum.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Did you just Reverse Manziel us and post a pic from the past and say it is recent. :)
Yea , it was actually Thanksgiving Day , and it actually went down , couldn't believe it

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If you're referring to something major, this was a few months back, but I bought a 2015 Agile 3010 Les Paul copy for around 300 bucks. I absolutely love it. It's on my lap right now while I'm typing this getting ready to be played. :rockon:

The pic below is from the internet because I don't have access to a digital camera. It looks exactly like mine except that the pickups on mine are silver.

b7WZzNA.jpg
Nice! You might like this @Prime Time Peter. I got to see Les when I was in NY. Notice the guitar on the stand in the background on pic #2. Les was I believe 96 at the time and still shredding. He spent over two hours signing autographs that night after the show. What a great honor to be there watching him. BTW - his nephew was there and plays one hell of a guitar.
Stus Pictures 1 070.jpg
Stus Pictures 1 055.jpg

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As far as my last purchase - I bought 80 pounds of pork belly and am making bacon with it. I'll try to remember to post pictures of it when it is done. I am making three different types of bacon. Can't wait but it will take about 10 - 14 days before it is done.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Nice! You might like this @Prime Time Peter. I got to see Les when I was in NY. Notice the guitar on the stand in the background on pic #2. Les was I believe 96 at the time and still shredding. He spent over two hours signing autographs that night after the show. What a great honor to be there watching him. BTW - his nephew was there and plays one hell of a guitar.
View attachment 11237 View attachment 11238

Love me some Les Paul - the man. Besides designing his excellent guitars, he invented multi-track recording, which is what I've been doing since the mid-70's. Started with a Teac 3040S reel-to-reel to the computer software of Reaper and FL Studio I'm using now.

It allows you to record a track of drums, or whatever, and play along with it while recording the next track. Layer by layer you build up a song. The Beatles only had access to 4-tracks and then 8-tracks for Abbey Road. Now we have hundreds of tracks available for any song.

I rarely use the word genius for any of my fellow human beings but that man was one. So glad he lived a long and productive life.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As far as my last purchase - I bought 80 pounds of pork belly and am making bacon with it. I'll try to remember to post pictures of it when it is done. I am making three different types of bacon. Can't wait but it will take about 10 - 14 days before it is done.
First of the bacon and pork belly just came off the smoker last night and I sliced some up today. On this batch, I did a brine that included our Porter (Honey Oatmeal Porker) and lots of mashed in cracked pepper. So damn tasty. We slice the pork belly about a half inch thick and sear it in a pan then generally make an outrageous samich out of it with sliced cucumber, red onion, and a honey mustard sauce I make all on a brioche bun. We also did pork belly breakfast sandwiches this morning. Felt like such a pig.
Bacon.jpg
Bacon2.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
First of the bacon and pork belly just came off the smoker last night and I sliced some up today. On this batch, I did a brine that included our Porter (Honey Oatmeal Porker) and lots of mashed in cracked pepper. So damn tasty. We slice the pork belly about a half inch thick and sear it in a pan then generally make an outrageous samich out of it with sliced cucumber, red onion, and a honey mustard sauce I make all on a brioche bun. We also did pork belly breakfast sandwiches this morning. Felt like such a pig.View attachment 11427 View attachment 11428

I fapped to this post.

Porkfap.

makinbacon.jpg

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
61MjvhFbH3L._SY679_.jpg

Five Star seat cushion, massager, and heater. $56.99 now it's no longer on sale and is $69.99

I use it in my truck. It's pretty awesome and the best investment I've made.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
First of the bacon and pork belly just came off the smoker last night and I sliced some up today. On this batch, I did a brine that included our Porter (Honey Oatmeal Porker) and lots of mashed in cracked pepper. So damn tasty. We slice the pork belly about a half inch thick and sear it in a pan then generally make an outrageous samich out of it with sliced cucumber, red onion, and a honey mustard sauce I make all on a brioche bun. We also did pork belly breakfast sandwiches this morning. Felt like such a pig.View attachment 11427 View attachment 11428

Man that looks good Stu.

I could have used about 6 slices of that for the big pot of collard greens I made yesterday.

Pork belly is sinfully fantastic.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Just bought this old vintage Los Angeles Rams wall plaque off of eBay

When I was a kid growing up in Iowa , most all my Rams stuff came from the Sears Christmas Catalog , and even though I got a lot of cool Rams stuff for Christmas and my Birthday , there was always two things from those Sears catalogs I never got , one was a helmet radio , and the other was this wall plaque

With the Rams moving back to Los Angeles I thought I would treat myself to at least one of those two items , so I found one of those old Sears wall plaques on eBay and immediately snatched it up

Now if I could just find that radio..............lol

ramshelmet2_zpsqz5wcm04.jpg