The Last Official Vent Thread Of The Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Define 'get it done'

One move that I would have loved is if Fisher dropped Boudreau and replaced him with Munchak . I know there are many things that are definitely on the coach and GM. Not getting a Qb after your oft injured QB has a serious injury is one. Not upgrading the coaching staff due to loyalty is another. Pittsburghs Oline that looked bad last year is miraculously playing great with Munch as the coach.

10+ wins

Yep, Munchak has done a great job. Although Pittsburgh has really invested a lot into their OL. Time for us to do that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would be nice but very difficult in the NFC West.....without a decent QB

Welp, it's time for them to get that settled. If you stick with Bradford, you're taking that risk. They had a chance to make a move last year and didn't.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I was thinking the same thing too! How do those 3 turnovers happen in real life? It was like a movie script written for the Seachickens by some 10 year old kid who "really really" wanted them to win. Wheels fly off the bus like a high school game. Crazy way to end the season. D was good for most of the game.

From the CBS Sports write up:
''I wasn't even looking at the ball, it just ended up in my hands,'' Irvin said. ''That's a sign of me living right.''
...really?? just.... really??????

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Thank God this season is over.

I have only three vents:
1. Make Jenkins earn his starting spot. I'm sick of him getting burned deep every freaking game.
2. I keep hearing people say that Schotty should be retained. Why?! Other than a glimpse here and there he hasn't convinced me that he deserves to stay as OC. He was on my hot seat last year!
3. The offensive line is our number one priority. We should expect picks in the draft, especially in the 1st and 2nd round.

And to our 2015 opponents:

Bring.
it.
on.

:shades:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Welp, it's time for them to get that settled. If you stick with Bradford, you're taking that risk. They had a chance to make a move last year and didn't.

I wish they had. I liked their draft but to think they could have their QB of the future on the team right now. QB is the hardest position to fill and they passed on it. I would be feeling much better about the team with Bortles on it right now. I really hope Winston falls to ten but I don't think he falls past 2. So the Rams will struggle with a Christian Ponder type for years to come.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Get a freaking QB for fucks sake.

And I didn't even get to watch the game.

But JHC.

Fisher should be on the hotseat. So many high picks and nothing to show for it. Yea, we have lots more talent than we've had in the past, but losing seasons are losing seasons and losing small compared to big doesn't mean much to me. A loss is a loss is a loss.

And Fisher put up an even worse record than in 2012.

I am soooooo tired of hearing he has had so many high picks and nothing to show for it.

Would any coach really. He came into a COMPLETE rebuild and roster turnover. Yes high picks but guess what ALOT of youth which includes those high picks. On top of that a starting qb who keeps getting injured. So with a whole team of young players who have to develop and no real starting qb he is expected to be in the playoffs and superbowl every year since he got here or get the hell out. Yup that makes sense

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Define 'get it done'

One move that I would have loved is if Fisher dropped Boudreau and replaced him with Munchak . I know there are many things that are definitely on the coach and GM. Not getting a Qb after your oft injured QB has a serious injury is one. Not upgrading the coaching staff due to loyalty is another. Pittsburghs Oline that looked bad last year is miraculously playing great with Munch as the coach.
Would be nice if fish could get munchak he was fishes oline coach forever in Tennessee and had one of the best olines every year

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The coach killer's coach just got an eight year extension.

Janoris Jenkins was "nefarious" too. So was Alec Ogletree. Kenny Britt was "nefarious". Same with Dez Bryant. There are a lot of guys with questionable character in the NFL.

Only thing I'm remotely concerned by with Winston is the accusation...and it's only that...an accusation. An accusation that lacked the proof to get charges and the proof to sway a judge in a school conduct hearing(which only uses a preponderance of the evidence standard). Unless there's more to it and/or other big issues that went unreported, I'm taking the kid.

Oh...he got an extension in the NFL? That's a neat trick.
As far as the coach's extension and the reference to other players NOT QB's just more apples to oranges comparisons.

Right, just block out the other potential character issues with the guy and focus on one thing.......that should work.

When in doubt, just ignore the facts. :whistle:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh...he got an extension in the NFL? That's a neat trick.
As far as the coach's extension and the reference to other players NOT QB's just more apples to oranges comparisons.

No, comparing other players with bad reputations is apples to apples. Unless QBs are aliens. Otherwise, you have a lot of examples of human beings doing stupid things in college...some mature, some don't.

Right, just block out the other potential character issues with the guy and focus on one thing.......that should work.

When in doubt, just ignore the facts. :whistle:

Or, when in doubt, just claim that every issue to the contrary doesn't actually compare. And use meaningless labels like "coach killer" despite Winston never being anything like that.

I'm fully aware of the "facts". I don't consider the other things to be major issues. None of them would make me think twice about drafting a guy. Rape would. But I've already covered that.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
No, comparing other players with bad reputations is apples to apples. Unless QBs are aliens. Otherwise, you have a lot of examples of human beings doing stupid things in college...some mature, some don't.

Or, when in doubt, just claim that every issue to the contrary doesn't actually compare. And use meaningless labels like "coach killer" despite Winston never being anything like that.

I'm fully aware of the "facts". I don't consider the other things to be major issues. None of them would make me think twice about drafting a guy. Rape would. But I've already covered that.

No problem.
We're just going to have to disagree.
To an extent, I believe comparing players in other positions is a bit of an apple to orange comparison, but that's beside the point a bit.

I agree that some people do stupid things in college some don't. Some mature and some don't. It's a case by case basis and you have to really look into things. I never said avoid any player that did something stupid before the NFL, just you have to look at their history, what they did, how often etc.