The Last Official Vent Thread Of The Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I just want to see a team that doesn't crap all over their selves in the 4th qtr. So freaking tired of that. How many times did that happen this year? Saw it against Dallas, SF (almost twice) first game with Arizona, San Diego and today.
That's the side effect of having a great defense and bad-to-mediocre offense. How much time did the defense spend on the field in those games? The offense stays consistently inept, and the defense just gets exhausted. Then in the 4th quarter, you have mostly fresh offensive players just running roughshod over tired defenders.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
d41c4f4cc63c47eff3cd97f56896f3e7.jpg

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We're a QB and some OL upgrades away.

Two QB's if you count Bradford for obvious reasons.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't disagree with anything you say. It's clear the offensive line and QB are our biggest issues. I just think if a guy like Kevin White is there at 10, he has to be considered. I love the way he plays the game.

If he's tops on my board, he gets drafted. But I'm hoping we're coming away with Winston or Clemmings in the first.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My vents;

I am tired of not scoring enough points. It looks like more than a QB or OL issue to me. I am not inspired by the rhythm of the offense and tired of reasons why we don't score.

Just score, please. It's a results oriented league.

I am tired of getting beat down in the second half of games. If it's a talent issue, explain that?

I support Jeff Fisher. I believe the Pittsburgh model is one to follow. Let's build a solid staff and team around him as a leader!

2015 is our year to step forward. We have the pieces. We just need a few adjustments and some maturity.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
This is what the Rams must do to have any chance at winning.
1. Dump the OC immediately. Not only is the play selection bad but the plays are poorly designed. I have seen this for three years and watched other teams play. Keep the current OC and everything else on the list becomes meaningless.
2. Draft OL in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds (unless another Donald is available and I mean Pro-Bowl player) and sign at least 2-3 OL FA's. The OL is in shambles right now. The defense and special teams must do without new players next year. They are doing quit well IMO.
3. I hope Robinson gets better at LT.
4. Restructure J. Long contract.
5. Cut Wells and Joseph.
6. Resign Britt (a must resign), Kendricks, Barnes, Renolds, Harkey, and McLeod and Barksdale as BU's only.
7. Try to find a good BU QB. This is why it was such folly to cut Keenum. Absolute lunacy given the Rams QB situation.

If the Rams do not make the playoffs next year then it is time for a new head coach. Move Fisher to the front office with Snead.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I think this is a bit of an overreaction. The talent is there,
Yes, the talent is there. Then what is the problem? If it's not the players it is the coaching. Then defense is good, the special teams are good, the offense is bad. Not too hard to deduce what needs to be done.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My wife has knee replacement surgery tomorrow, so I will be busy with her recovery/rehab over the next few months. As least that will keep my mind from thinking about this season and what might be next season.
How's her throwing arm? We could use her! Seriously, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It's either Winston (for a reasonable trade, not RG3-esque) or a linemen. I'm gonna puke if I see Wells or Joseph on the starting lineup in 2015.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's NOT him.
So, I guess we are safe.

That is him. Zero losses in his college career. Big, strong, mobile with a cannon for an arm. Great pocket presence, awareness, and movement. Ball placement, anticipation, and instincts are off the charts for a QB his age. Extremely high football IQ and a vocal leader. Just needs to improve in his recognition of zone defenders underneath, willingness to checkdown, and his upper and lower body mechanics.

Winston is going to be a star. Only thing that can derail him is if he gets into trouble off the field. And I'm not going to make assumptions about his character.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
That is him. Zero losses in his college career. Big, strong, mobile with a cannon for an arm. Great pocket presence, awareness, and movement. Ball placement, anticipation, and instincts are off the charts for a QB his age. Extremely high football IQ and a vocal leader. Just needs to improve in his recognition of zone defenders underneath, willingness to checkdown, and his upper and lower body mechanics.

Winston is going to be a star. Only thing that can derail him is if he gets into trouble off the field. And I'm not going to make assumptions about his character.

I won't make assumptions about his character either.
I'll just go with what he's shown so far. Which is nefarious.
I won't even go into his skill set, no need.
He's a bust in the making.
He's a coach killer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won't make assumptions about his character either.
I'll just go with what he's shown so far. Which is nefarious.
I won't even go into his skill set, no need.
He's a bust in the making.
He's a coach killer.

The coach killer's coach just got an eight year extension.

Janoris Jenkins was "nefarious" too. So was Alec Ogletree. Kenny Britt was "nefarious". Same with Dez Bryant. There are a lot of guys with questionable character in the NFL.

Only thing I'm remotely concerned by with Winston is the accusation...and it's only that...an accusation. An accusation that lacked the proof to get charges and the proof to sway a judge in a school conduct hearing(which only uses a preponderance of the evidence standard). Unless there's more to it and/or other big issues that went unreported, I'm taking the kid.

I think this is a bit of an overreaction. The talent is there, I can't see how you can say you haven't seen it, shall I remind you of all our 1 or 2 win seasons where every other game was a blow out? I get it, losing seasons suck, but it's lining up slowly and we're a few pieces away. No reason to throw away a coach that had us competitive and fighting after our starting QB went down and were floating down crap creek without a paddle.

I think it would be really impressive if we weren't improved considering where we started and what we had to work with, it's a standard that the majority of HCs from the top 50 FBS teams could reach and quite a few FCS playoff teams too. If that's the standard we're shooting for then that's fine, 8-8 here we come.

Schmitzer

UDFA
Personally I'm fed up about
  • Not that Hill's pass to the ground was intercepted, but that he was throwing the ball away with the nearest defender 5 yards away
  • After being sacked on first down in a series for 2nd in 18, running up the middle for nothing, then throwing a 3 yard pass
  • Most of all, on 4th and 30+, throwing a 6 yard pass. REALLY???? Cunningham is going to make the best defense in football miss him for an 30 yards after the catch?
Someone needs to answer about this. The busses are running, and someone needs to be thrown under them. This is not a football strategy, nor decision making that will get you past 7 wins.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
even after Sam went down - I remember a lot of "oh Hill will be better than Clemens for sure" talk - it's gonna be hard to buy into the hype again next season

Yeah... In retrospect, Hill was worse than Clemons. Jmo. Clemons' mobility and ability to keep a play alive made a huge difference.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
It was Jenkins, not Hill, the swung the momentum of this game.

I waffle on Jenkins. He's certainly far from the biggest problem on the Rams. But Gaines has probably jumped in front of him as Rams best CB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Our D fits just about any 4-3 template.

Yep, I'd fire Fisher and the staff if they don't get it done next year.

Define 'get it done'

One move that I would have loved is if Fisher dropped Boudreau and replaced him with Munchak . I know there are many things that are definitely on the coach and GM. Not getting a Qb after your oft injured QB has a serious injury is one. Not upgrading the coaching staff due to loyalty is another. Pittsburghs Oline that looked bad last year is miraculously playing great with Munch as the coach.