The Jimmy Clausen Era may be over in Chicago

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jimmy Clausen has been diagnosed with a concussion, and will be sidelined for Sunday's finale against the Vikings.
Clausen took a helmet-to-helmet hit from Lions RE Ziggy Ansah in Sunday's loss, and apparently suffered "delayed" symptoms. He didn't miss a snap, but ended up going to the hospital on Sunday evening. The league still has a long way to go with concussions. Clausen's injury means Jay Cutler will be back under center for Week 17, and backed up by sixth-round rookie David Fales. The timing couldn't be worse for Clausen, who didn't put anything persuasive on film Sunday. There's no guarantee he'll get a No. 2 job for 2015
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5574/jimmy-clausen

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If I were Cutler, I'd say "Nah. You got this. I'm the problem, remember?"

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Jimmy Clausen has been diagnosed with a concussion, and will be sidelined for Sunday's finale against the Vikings.
Clausen took a helmet-to-helmet hit from Lions RE Ziggy Ansah in Sunday's loss, and apparently suffered "delayed" symptoms. He didn't miss a snap, but ended up going to the hospital on Sunday evening. The league still has a long way to go with concussions. Clausen's injury means Jay Cutler will be back under center for Week 17, and backed up by sixth-round rookie David Fales. The timing couldn't be worse for Clausen, who didn't put anything persuasive on film Sunday. There's no guarantee he'll get a No. 2 job for 2015
Too bad, because after all these years holding a clipboard . . . he seemed pro ready yesterday

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I watched the game. Clausen played great, unfortunately Alshon didnt....
The hit from Ansah was bush.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

Could this be the beginning of the David Fales era of Chicago Bears football?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Could this be the beginning of the David Fales era of Chicago Bears football?
Liked him coming out. Had him in one of my Rams mocks. Not a strong arm but he has intangibles. Very productive in college.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Best I ever saw Clausen play. Started out shaky but started to really pull it together as the game went on. Must say, he surprised he. His anticipation and accuracy were pretty impressive. His receivers really let him down.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Liked him coming out. Had him in one of my Rams mocks. Not a strong arm but he has intangibles. Very productive in college.

You won't get an argument from me. He always seemed to be a bit cocky, but I wonder if he's been humbled spending a year on the PS. Could be good for him.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
They'll go with Fales. If Cutler gets hurt in the final they'll owe him fifty million!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If I were Cutler, I'd say "Nah. You got this. I'm the problem, remember?"
That was actually my nightmare once the switch was made from Davis to Hill... though I didn't think Davis would have quite the same reaction.

Man... eras are getting shorter and shorter these days.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was actually my nightmare once the switch was made from Davis to Hill... though I didn't think Davis would have quite the same reaction.

Man... eras are getting shorter and shorter these days.
You mean like, the Case Keenum Era?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You mean like, the Case Keenum Era?
I haven't seen it posted here, so I will just say...

20/42, 185 yds, 0 TDs, 1 Int, Rating: 50.2.

So far, I feel kind of safe in saying we didn't let a potential franchise savior go. Hill's rating Sunday was 110.2.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I haven't seen it posted here, so I will just say...

20/42, 185 yds, 0 TDs, 1 Int, Rating: 50.2.

So far, I feel kind of safe in saying we didn't let a potential franchise savior go. Hill's rating Sunday was 110.2.
You know those aren't the stats that matter.

Keenum - W
Hill - L

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Was I making that old silly error in thinking this was a team sport again?
cmon.gif