The Jeff Fisher Show up next on E$PN LA 710

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
A couple takes so far.
  1. Goff played well. Want to give him opportunity to make plays down the field.
  2. Actually indicated the team's inability to finish is on him. :shocked:
  3. Fisher not happy with Robinson "Senseless" block in the back penalty. Repeated the word "Senseless" a couple times.
  4. Figured by kicking FG it would have put them up 13-0 and killed any comeback by dolphins. :thinking:
  5. Fisher not happy with the officiating crew. Thought Miami's first TD should have been blown dead at the 4 yd line. Said if there would have been a strip fumble they would have called the play dead, and anyone coming to tackle the RB at the legs would have been penalized for a late hit.
  6. Fisher said officials should have been called LT for illegal formation for being back too far and had at least 3-4 false starts. Also no calls for RQ getting pulled down while he's making the turn to QB.
  7. Praised Joyner for playing with broken toe and bruised ribs.
  8. Talked about possibly reducing some of the play calls for the offense in order get better at doing certain things.
  9. The backwards hat helps with the headphones.
  10. Does not consider starting Cunningham over Gurley to change things up.
  11. Marquez and Cody are playing well on special teams.
  12. Disappointed with Troy Hill. Still gaining information. Currently not with the team. Zero tolerance.
  13. Forrest 4-6 week injury. No surgery needed, but will go to IR and they will bring up Grigsby from practice squad.
  14. Great test for defense over the next 4 weeks against Brees, Brady, Ryan and Wilson.
All for now. If anyone else listened and heard anything different please correct me. (y)

EDIT: Fisher, regarding game against NO, "This will not be a 9-3 game. Touchdowns will be scored!"

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
  1. Talked about possibly reducing some of the play calls for the offense in order get better at doing certain things"
Take AWAY play calls? How is that possible to simplify this more?

And he came off quite chippy towards officiating. Does any other coach complain about officials as much as Fisher does post games? Serious question because I rarely listen to other coaches interviews.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And he came off quite chippy towards officiating. Does any other coach complain about officials as much as Fisher does post games? Serious question because I rarely listen to other coaches interviews.

Fisher rarely ever talk about the officials in pressers. He is on the competition committee so I expect thats where he does most of his talking. But at this point he is absolutely correct Quinn getting called for neutral zone infractions when the Lt is jumping off the ball a half a count early and Quinn being held on EVERY single play is pathetic. The refs should be fined for being so terrible.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Figured by kicking FG it would have put them up 13-0 and killed any comeback by dolphins. :thinking:

I agree with that take and I like their chances of winning had GZ made an effin FG that is well within his range. We then kick it off and they start way back in their zone vs having favorable field position, which makes a big difference in laying odds in Rams' favor.

Talked about possibly reducing some of the play calls for the offense in order get better at doing certain things.

No no no no no!!!!! You practice execution. You run the play until they puke. You accept nothing less than perfection even if it means making the entire practice about the offense to demonstrate your expectations. This is something all the great offensive coaches believed in. Bill Walsh would make the whiners re-run a play 10-15 times if one guy doesn't execute his responsibilities correctly.

But now you want to make this offense SIMPLER????

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

He had a right to bitch this time. That game was very poorly called against the Rams. It really looked like they weren't supposed to win.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
The NFL's worst, and most predictable, offense was unable to obtain first downs when it mattered most.

That is why we lost the game.

Psycho_X

Legend
Fisher rarely ever talk about the officials in pressers. He is on the competition committee so I expect thats where he does most of his talking. But at this point he is absolutely correct Quinn getting called for neutral zone infractions when the Lt is jumping off the ball a half a count early and Quinn being held on EVERY single play is pathetic. The refs should be fined for being so terrible.

I wasn't watching closely on a couple of the offsides and they never had replays. Would like to see them since I've seen several people mention this.

I know Fisher doesn't mention officials in his post game presser but he points out all of the mistakes almost every single day after during his team pressers. I guess coaches are allowed to do that? I thought they'd get fined for talking about bad calls in general but I guess not as long as it isn't immediately following the game in a ranting kind of way?

But overall I'm just sick of hearing him talk about missed calls or bad penalties when its his inept offense that's the problem. Every team gets shitty calls almost every week because the NFL has created a mess as far as their rules go. That's why his play not to lose mentality is so dangerous in today's NFL. You never know when a call is going to go against you for no reason and give a team another chance at points.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
[QUOTE="Psycho_X, post: 833819, member: 569

And he came off quite chippy towards officiating. Does any other coach complain about officials as much as Fisher does post games? Serious question because I rarely listen to other coaches interviews.[/QUOTE]

Mike Tomlin of the Steelers was boiling Sunday and talked directly about bad calls.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-coach-mike-tomlin-critical-refs-sunday-game

So did McCarthy of the Packers.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Saffold to LT...Brown to LG....Wichman stays at RG...
@BonifayRam will be happy to hear this...he's been clamoring for this move for a few months...

Congrats Boni if true...you were dead on!
Longer than a few months LACHAMP46..:whistle:

I have no ideal what to think here on Fisher's remarks on Greg Robinson. One thing we do know is Boudreau has been completely ineffective in dealing with GR development as a #2 overall 2014 draft selection or the fault belongs elsewhere. Could be that GR is just a Tard & will never learn to be an effective OT @ the NFL level. Bottom line here GR has gapping HOLES in his Game to be a starting OLT. The RED FLAGS attached to GR each & every week seems to destroy the offensive series.

My basic thoughts were to get GR out of the limelight @ OLT with much brighter smarter Rodger Saffold moving a few feet to the left & let GR be the reserve OLT/OLG on game days. Then insert Jamon Brown in @ OLG in Saffold's post. I have yet to see any member here @ ROD post any negative comments on this suggestion. I believe strongly that this OL fix would be positive for this offense. Once the offense is finally up & going and scoring points you might consider giving GR some reps...The thing here is Boudreau has OL depth @ OG & there is no reason not to have moved on this situation already. Unless Jamon Brown was a messed up 3rd round pick too. Boudreau must have some serious responsibility here on this OL 10 game disaster. Was the Robinson or Brown picks that bad???

On Fisher & Boudreau .....really Jeff o_O its too late in this season to really mean anything here with 6 games left & 6 looses & remaining late season away games with Patriots/Seahawks. Our OLT GR mistakes have cost this Ram offense big. Idiom: A day late and a dollar short.

Just plain stupid stuff from Fisher & Boudreau here as my take here on this GR matter. GR has one more yr under contract & I don't see him departing before his contract ends unless another team desires to take a big gamble on him & trade some late 3rd day draft picks for him during the 2017 draft. The Ram Org. would not loose too much in 2017 if GR is planned to be the top reserve LT/LG until he greatly improves. They will need one anyway right? Truth is unknown UDFA Pace Murphy could beat GR out by the time 2017 pre season ends down:ROFLMAO:.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Richard Nixon did it!
height.630.no_border.width.1200.jpg

... on the Richard Nixon Show ?

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
[QUOTE="Psycho_X, post: 833819, member: 569

Mike Tomlin of the Steelers was boiling Sunday and talked directly about bad calls.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-coach-mike-tomlin-critical-refs-sunday-game

So did McCarthy of the Packers.[/QUOTE]

Only losers blame officiating for a loss - if you are good enough you win despite the quality of the refereeing. We're not good enough from the head coach down.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If he makes OL changes for Goff's 2nd
Start WOW. Somebody is scared and desperate.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
A couple takes so far.
  1. Goff played well. Want to give him opportunity to make plays down the field.
  2. Actually indicated the team's inability to finish is on him. :shocked:
  3. Fisher not happy with Robinson "Senseless" block in the back penalty. Repeated the word "Senseless" a couple times.
  4. Figured by kicking FG it would have put them up 13-0 and killed any comeback by dolphins. :thinking:
  5. Fisher not happy with the officiating crew. Thought Miami's first TD should have been blown dead at the 4 yd line. Said if there would have been a strip fumble they would have called the play dead, and anyone coming to tackle the RB at the legs would have been penalized for a late hit.
  6. Fisher said officials should have been called LT for illegal formation for being back too far and had at least 3-4 false starts. Also no calls for RQ getting pulled down while he's making the turn to QB.
  7. Praised Joyner for playing with broken toe and bruised ribs.
  8. Talked about possibly reducing some of the play calls for the offense in order get better at doing certain things.
  9. The backwards hat helps with the headphones.
  10. Does not consider starting Cunningham over Gurley to change things up.
  11. Marquez and Cody are playing well on special teams.
  12. Disappointed with Troy Hill. Still gaining information. Currently not with the team. Zero tolerance.
  13. Forrest 4-6 week injury. No surgery needed, but will go to IR and they will bring up Grigsby from practice squad.
  14. Great test for defense over the next 4 weeks against Brees, Brady, Ryan and Wilson.
All for now. If anyone else listened and heard anything different please correct me. (y)

EDIT: Fisher, regarding game against NO, "This will not be a 9-3 game. Touchdowns will be scored!"
Great news regarding Forrest.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

So did McCarthy of the Packers.

Only losers blame officiating for a loss - [/QUOTE]

I pointed out two Super Bowl winning coaches that complained. Are you calling them losers?

I don't understand your response with "Only losers.....blah, blah, blah"

Why don't you just say "I don't care, I just hate Fisher"?
Would have made more sense

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Forrest 4-6 week injury. No surgery needed, but will go to IR and they will bring up Grigsby from practice squad.

Phew, glad it isn't anywhere near as serious as first thought. He'll be ready for training camp next year. This guy was playing good ... another 6th round find by Snead.

Also no calls for RQ getting pulled down while he's making the turn to QB.

I happens every game, and nothing gets done about it. Does Fisher ever bother to talk to the officials before the game and tell them to watch for that? Or do different rule apply to blocking Quinn?

The time to talk to officials is BEFORE the game, but apparently that never happens.

Again, I wonder how this keeps happening, and if Fisher is talking to the officials before the game. Our OL gets called for the most ticky tacky holding calls, while the other team's OL commits blatant holding penalties against Quinn ... Helen freakin' Keller could see these. Does he only talk about it in the press conferences, or does he go down and talk to the officials before the game about it? My gut feel is he doesn't take initiative to at least try to nip it in the bud and then just complains afterward. Admittedly that's conjecture on my part, and I may just be bitching because I'm dissatisfied with the job he's doing.

Only losers blame officiating for a loss - if you are good enough you win despite the quality of the refereeing. We're not good enough from the head coach down.

I won't go that far, but I will say this - when you coach to keep the games close, these calls get magnified. The GSOT era Rams didn't have to complain about officials much, because getting screwed on a terrible call doesn't have much impact when you have a three touchdown lead in the 4th quarter.