The "IT" Factor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Previously I have been known to make comments about players who have the "IT" factor. Most of us are familiar with what it means even though it is rather vague in details.

I like to use a simple example of what the "IT" factor is = Marshall Faulk

Faulk was good......no, great, but he didn't have a lot of the attributes that many would say made him great. He wasn't tall....nor short. He Didn't have muscle tone, nor blazing speed. What he did have was a natural instinct........field of vision and feet tied to his eyes. He had natural strength and agility, not a gym body.

Faulk had the "IT" factor in spades.

Now look at Wentz and Goff.......which one has the "Faulk" body? Which has a calm demeanor about them, but one full of confidence? Which one has their eyes tied to their feet? Which QB can take a direct hit better? Which one can avoid the direct hit better? last, which QBs in the NFL last longer........those that can take a lot of hits or the ones who avoid them no matter the Offensive line?

None of this means that only one QB will be successful, but in a league full of failure I don't want to even hear the tag phrase, "Potential" or even "Physical Intangibles". I want a QB who has the moxy, the grit, the mental fortitude to say......"F you!" to the opponent and lead his team down the field...........the "IT" factor.

If you know a lot about Went and Goff, you will understand that a lot of what I said covers both QBs. Only some is attributed to one.......and yes it is who I would like to see in Horns.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Hackenberg!!!!!!! That's who you're talking about right??:yess:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Previously I have been known to make comments about players who have the "IT" factor. Most of us are familiar with what it means even though it is rather vague in details.

Faulk was good......no, great, but he didn't have a lot of the attributes that many would say made him great. He wasn't tall....nor short. He Didn't have muscle tone, nor blazing speed. What he did have was a natural instinct........field of vision and feet tied to his eyes. He had natural strength and agility, not a gym body.

Now look at Wentz and Goff.......which one has the "Faulk" body? Which has a calm demeanor about them, but one full of confidence? Which one has their eyes tied to their feet? Which QB can take a direct hit better? Which one can avoid the direct hit better? last, which QBs in the NFL last longer........those that can take a lot of hits or the ones who avoid them no matter the Offensive line?

None of this means that only one QB will be successful, but in a league full of failure I don't want to even hear the tag phrase, "Potential" or even "Physical Intangibles". I want a QB who has the moxy, the grit, the mental fortitude to say......"F you!" to the opponent and lead his team down the field...........the "IT" factor.

If you know a lot about Went and Goff, you will understand that a lot of what I said covers both QBs. Only some is attributed to one.......and yes it is who I would like to see in Horns.
SO WHO'S YOUR MAN!!?:confused:

Name
Chris

I'll bite, the qbs who last the longest in the NFL Tom Brady, Manning, Breeze and (Rodgers is still young) all get the ball out dam quick, they all have amazing pocket presence and can sense pressure, they also have great footwork which leads to accurate passes. The other qbs who last the longest, that would be the backups.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I love that completely unqualifiable/unquantifiable trait. I really do.
I put a lot of stock into it, and I put a lot of stock into players overcoming adversity as a standalone trait.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I want a QB who has the moxy, the grit, the mental fortitude to say......"F you!" to the opponent and lead his team down the field...........the "IT" factor.

Ok, well I've recently re-watched Wentz's come from behind, end of game drives in the 2015 FCS championship game against Ill-State and against UNI for homecoming.

I've also re-watched Vince Young's two Rose Bowl game hi-lights and Tim Tebow's Denver hi-lights against the Jets and Steelers.

Maybe there's a big game hi-light for Goff, somewhere, but I haven't seen it.

I'm not sure where this is going.
(I already voted Goff.)

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Sounds like the guy the Philly will end up with :homercrawl:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The ONLY concern I have with either of these guys is injuries. That's it. If one of them fails, it will be due to that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
From a system t email fit Wentz looks tailor made for the Rams, Goff would be a fantastic WCO QB in Philly. When the Eagles and Browns made the trade I instantly figured the Rams are taking Wentz.

I like them both. But I love Goffs ability to get the ball out quickly and move in the pocket. I love Wentz big arm, stature, and toughness/grit. Both are very smart. In the end I prefer Goff but could see why the Rams would have trouble deciding.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've ranted about it before but I don't believe in an "It" factor. There are always attributes you can point to that explain what you're seeing.

jap

Legend
I've ranted about it before but I don't believe in an "It" factor. There are always attributes you can point to that explain what you're seeing.

That's because the so-called "It" factor is nothing more than elite skills backed by ongoing, meticulous hard work.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I agree. "It" is a collection of attributes that lead to success in combination.

Not every player is required to have A, B, and C.

In some cases a single attribute can carry a player. For Isaac Bruce, it was his route running. But, he also had other very strong attributes; intelligence, cut-ability, work ethic, hands, etc.

So to watch Bruce play, you could see he had "it". He made it look effortless. But that was because his route running was so far superior and made better by his complimentary skills.

I like the topic though.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
My back fence is about ten feet( 30 feet to the sideline) from where the fence surrounds the field where I played as a proud Red Devil football player. I like to sit out back and watch the young players do their thing and show that 'IT' factor. I've seen it in very few. Saying that, Wentz has that feeling. Of course, it's probably why I'm not rich at this time. Knonke I'm not. Billions at stake here, don't think Stan isn't watching and investing. Still, gotta like that Wentz.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The "It" factor I know of always scared the hell out of me.
StevenKing'sIT.jpg