The Hot Pepper Thread. Anyone else grow them?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's the picking for today. Jay's Ghost Scorpions on left.. Scorpion Butch T's on the right, and right front are Carolina Reapers. Green Beans on far left and cukesin the front, but this is a hot pepper thread. The scorp's are 5 gallons and the Jay's 3. Reapers are a gallon because I'm even selling them on Ebay. I have shipped many out, even from a fresh crop. That table is 6 foot long now. :)

rod01.jpg

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hear ya Dags. I do like it hot,,, but I don't really like it SO HOT that I feel the extreme burn go through my entire digestive tract inch by inch.

You can leave the seeds and membranes in for the salsa recipe if you want. I don't, but I will use double the jalapeños and Habs if it's just the wife and I eating it. That recipe allows guests to be able to eat it for the most part too... although some will still think it's too hot.

I'm thinking I could maybe trade you out some red habs for some plabanos?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I know some on here do, but just asking.. Here's a picture of one of my first Carolina Reapers. That is a devil tail on it. :cool: I'll post more pictures of my plants/garden later. I have Reapers, Scorpions, Ghosts, and Jay's Ghosts that are chest high. Looks to be a good year.

View attachment 15897

I eat them. :sneaky:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
2 studies I have seen. Capsaicin makes cancer cells commit suicide.. Don't know if it's true or not, but when I feel the burn in my colon I think of those studies. ;) God bless that it helped him. I have a FB buddy in England that is doing the oil daily. He gave me his recipe. He's supposedly also lost a lot of weight with the oil.

There is some research supporting that claim and a lot more planned. It's no joke it may lead to a treatment for some kinds of cancer.