The Hav Adjustment

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
so did anyone notice Hav started punching Clowney in the shoulder every play after half? Clowney wanted no part of it either not sure if he has a bad shoulder or what but he went in to a shell after that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
so did anyone notice Hav started punching Clowney in the shoulder every play after half? Clowney wanted no part of it either not sure if he has a bad shoulder or what but he went in to a shell after that.

Clowney disappeared in the second half. Maybe he needs a clean launch point to get a run on the O lineman.

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Bet Big whit told had a sit down with him to go over some techniques. loooove it!

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
IDK. Clowney was trying to time his rush and got a few flags for off-sides and that could have made him hesitate to bullrush Havenstein before the ball was hiked. Goff is getting better tricking DL offsides with the hard cadence at the line of scrimmage and the Texans DL are starting to think twice because of the penalties.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Just rewatched the second half of the game. I noticed him punching him in the shoulder. I don't know if this is the reason why his pass rush slowed down significantly but he did something, and it worked. I'm gonna say he used halftime to adjust himself to Clowney's speed and I'm sure he got a little help from playcalling, coaches, and the QB's cadence

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IDK. Clowney was trying to time his rush and got a few flags for off-sides and that could have made him hesitate to bullrush Havenstein before the ball was hiked. Goff is getting better tricking DL offsides with the hard cadence at the line of scrimmage and the Texans DL are starting to think twice because of the penalties.
Good point and that's something we haven't really talked about alot here. Neither have many talking heads or fans from afar because they only look at the numbers and/or the highlights. I noticed it really begin to come together after the Seattle loss.

Jared Goff pre snap.

You only see it if you're watching the games. He's owning this offense pre snap. Changing the protections(with the help of Sully of course), the plays, baiting on the hard counts.

An extension of the coaching staff as McVay likes to say. Reminds me of how Brady began to command Josh McDaniels' offense when he arrived first as QB's coach in '04 and eventually their mainstay OC.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i wish they would start snapping the ball when that happens and get a free play. i guess that will come in time.

TexasRam

Legend

True that. Aaron Rodgers has made a pretty Cush living by mastering cadence. Knowing when to hurry and fast pass or alternate cadence. Or get it snapped in between defensive personel changes resulting in 11 man on the field etc.

These are the things the great QB’s use.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He also held Clowney like crazy - which was fine w me.
on that long throw to woods ? ,,,, that just makes up for the ticky tack call on Tree's int and also ALL the holds on AD

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He also held Clowney like crazy - which was fine w me.

If they don't call it, it's not holding!
edward_scissorhands_yes.gif