The Gurley "fumble" Touchback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think this one play deflated the Rams... had it gone the other way I think it would have been a blow out. Hopefully it reminds the Rams to focus. Loss of focus lost this game. The turnovers, fumbles, and quitting on routes and dropping passes. All plays where a player lost focus.

i don't think it deflated the rams. they went on to take a 10-0 lead. it all went wonky after that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i don't think it deflated the rams. they went on to take a 10-0 lead. it all went wonky after that.

I can't disagree with that. However, I think that game is over if we take a 17-0 lead.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I think jrry is right i Saw a play (a Green Bay game last week I believe ) where there was a kick off and the ball hit the ground and stayed still ... the KR .. ran out of bounds laid down and touched the ball ... they got the penalty for the kick out of bounds

View: https://youtu.be/zdw3Xj__eKA

There it is So surely the same rule count ...

Major props to him for doing that. Hope the NFL reevaluates the rules in the offseason, this looks comically exploitable and will be abused if kickers try to aim near the side.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
It was the right call sadly. Gurley should of just tucked the ball and bull rushed as far as he could get. Refs didnt screw us on that play, Thomas making a great play against Gurley going easy screwed us.

Yeah, Todd needs to stop reaching the ball for the corner of the end zone. He's doing it a lot, and questionable calls like this will happen because of it. Plus it's SUPER easy for a defender to knock the ball loose when the runner does that. Gurley is great, but he needs to not stretch his arm out with the ball as much, or at all.

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
"So when a ball is fumbled before the goal line and goes out of the end zone what would be fair?"

Fumbling team's ball at spot of fumble. (When the ball left the runner's hands)