The Gregg williams file, 'nough said!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
No kidding GW will have an IMPACT here.

BTW Rob Ryan got the best job in the NFL that Saints D was legendary before he got there;)

Yup, It was a defense Greg built, and then Spags screwed up, then Ryan came in a fixed it and tweaked it to his 3-4. Still, he would not of been as successful without Greg of being there.

PhxRam

Does these averages include his years in Buffalo as a head coach. From what I recall he inherited an awful team that had like bottom of the barrel defenses that probably really screw with his averages heh.

I dont know, I just made them up.. :ROFLMAO:

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Yup, It was a defense Greg built, and then Spags screwed up, then Ryan came in a fixed it and tweaked it to his 3-4. Still, he would not of been as successful without Greg of being there.
Tron, I was joking they were one of the worst D's in history prior to RR, nowhere to go but up.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Tron, I was joking they were one of the worst D's in history prior to RR, nowhere to go but up.

lol, sorry man, I only get a couple days a week to drink(My wife limits me), so on these nights some things come slower to me, such as your irony.

But I still think what i originally said holds true. Williams did great with these player, Spags didn't, then Ryan comes in and and changes things up and things are much much better. Still believe without Williams influence Ryans defense wouldnt be as good. It would be much better than Spags no doubt, since like you said, nowhere to go but up, but I think Without Williams being there before hand, Ryans defense wouldnt have been as good.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
lol, sorry man, I only get a couple days a week to drink(My wife limits me), so on these nights some things come slower to me, such as your irony.

But I still think what i originally said holds true. Williams did great with these player, Spags didn't, then Ryan comes in and and changes things up and things are much much better. Still believe without Williams influence Ryans defense wouldnt be as good. It would be much better than Spags no doubt, since like you said, nowhere to go but up, but I think Without Williams being there before hand, Ryans defense wouldnt have been as good.
All good here, cheers.(y)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm not sure if we've ever had another case of a coach facing a team in the Super Bowl and then later becoming coach of that team he faced.

I agree it would be a story... especially if that Super Bowl ended up Rams vs Titans.

That said, I think Bradford could throw for 10,000 yards and 100 TDs and the haters would still be there. For the ones I've seen (not here), it's not about rational reasons anymore.

Absolutely

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Williams running his scheme and game plan will make this defense better by itself. But if we can finish that back end .... WATCH OUT!

Ram_of_Old

Williams will take care of the D. That is for sure. Now, what about the O? We gotta get it going while the Defense is rolling.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how well Williams' defenses do well against running QBs. I've never been a fan of getting too blitz happy against running style QBs.

I know that the Alex Smith led two 80 yard td drives in the final two minutes against William's Saints d in the divisional Round three years ago. That's why I wasn't too thrilled when Fisher hired him initially before bounty gate. But after a year of Walton I'm thrilled to see the rams hire him now.