The Greg Robinson enigma thread...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Where to start?

The kid hasn't started through the first 3 games. But why not?

Consider the following...

Unanimously considered a top 5 pick in a deep, deep draft.

Also considered best LOT candidate of at least the last 2 drafts. Maybe even going back a decade.

No reports of injury to prevent a start.

Reportedly loves the game.

No reported learning difficulties. Even had good grades in college.

Good attitude. Wants to be the best.

Zero reports of off field issues.

Freakish strength and quickness.

Already a devastating run blocker.

Could be inserted between the experienced Wells and Long.

Never saw a snap at LG even in the Viking blowout. Or on a short yardage running play vs the Cowboys.

Strong need exists for a dominant OG.

Coached by an experienced and very highly regarded OL coach in Boudreau.

So what's going on, here? Given the above, all signs point toward an early start for GRob. Yet he still sits.

Is his pass pro STILL so poor that he can't see the field even for a series or two after OTA'S, camp, preseason and 3 regular season games?

I'm fresh out of reasonable justifications. I really just don't get it.

Like I said, it's an enigma...
Reply Quote Report

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Where to start?

The kid hasn't started through the first 3 games. But why not?

Consider the following...

Unanimously considered a top 5 pick in a deep, deep draft.

Also considered best LOT candidate of at least the last 2 drafts. Maybe even going back a decade.

No reports of injury to prevent a start.

Reportedly loves the game.

No reported learning difficulties. Even had good grades in college.

Good attitude. Wants to be the best.

Zero reports of off field issues.

Freakish strength and quickness.

Already a devastating run blocker.

Could be inserted between the experienced Wells and Long.

Never saw a snap at LG even in the Viking blowout. Or on a short yardage running play vs the Cowboys.

Strong need exists for a dominant OG.

Coached by an experienced and very highly regarded OL coach in Boudreau.

So what's going on, here? Given the above, all signs point toward an early start for GRob. Yet he still sits.

Is his pass pro STILL so poor that he can't see the field even for a series or two after OTA'S, camp, preseason and 3 regular season games?

I'm fresh out of reasonable justifications. I really just don't get it.

Like I said, it's an enigma...
Reply Quote Report
See the thread- Robinson or Matthews and add to it!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
See the thread- Robinson or Matthews and add to it!

Ummmm, rhino.....

Matthews was never mentioned in my thread.

Mine was not a Matthews vs Robinson thread.

It was a "why the heck isn't GRob starting" thread. Despite all the overwhelming logical pre draft and post draft reasons why so many thought he would be an immediate starter.

Carry on...

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Ummmm, rhino.....

Matthews was never mentioned in my thread.

Mine was not a Matthews vs Robinson thread.

It was a "why the heck isn't GRob starting" thread. Despite all the overwhelming logical pre draft and post draft reasons why so many thought he would be an immediate starter.

Carry on...
But the thread quickly transitioned to Greg Robinson talk. That thread should be enough.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
f26.jpg

V3

Hall of Fame

Never heard that one.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It's not like there are 5 threads on this player. Let's let it be and see where it goes.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So this is a G-Rob vs Davin Joseph thread....and G-Rob can't beat him out....so what? Our offense is struggling per se, now if he played DT, then I'd have some problems...O-Line hasn't dominated, but it's been ok......no major injuries...let him sit and learn...what's the rush?

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
My guess is that after Bradford went down, the coaches want the best Pass Protectors on the field as they transition either Hill or Davis. GRob's time will increase throughout the season

duckhunter

Starter
At some point, I would think it becomes more important for Robinson to get game reps over the 'paramount' need to keep whatever QB is starting vertical.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
At some point, I would think it becomes more important for Robinson to get game reps over the 'paramount' need to keep whatever QB is starting vertical.
Has Brian Quick taught you anything? Robinson was known to be somewhat of a project when he was drafted. So was Quick and look at him now. Don't thrust him into something he isn't ready for. I have no problem letting him sit.

V3

Hall of Fame
My guess is that after Bradford went down, the coaches want the best Pass Protectors on the field as they transition either Hill or Davis. GRob's time will increase throughout the season
That doesn't make much sense to me. If anything, the team would be more focused on the run game to make it easier for the "lesser" QB's.