The good, the bad, the ugly, and what the **** is going on?!?!?!?!?!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
This is going to be rough. But I have to do it. Hopefully this isn't too gratuitous.

The Good

I won’t waste any money going to Rams games this year since they are now in LA.

Kenny Britt’s 67 yards receiving was the highlight of the game. Yay.

Greg Robinson held up decently when he engaged. Had a couple people run past him but hard to know what the assignments were.

Benny Cunnigham had a couple nice kick returns. Averaged 29.5 yards. So there’s that.

Edit: Hekker- for obvious reasons.

The Bad

Tavon Austin PR-looking scared to return punts it seemed like. He could have returned a couple and that first one was a field position disaster that resulted in the Whiners first score. Had one nice return to get this out of the ugly category.

The Ugly- this is going to be falling through the ugly tree ugly

Team Defense- 0 sacks. 0 interceptions. Gave up 28 points to the offense we beat out for worst in the NFL last season

Linebackers- as I feared, any OC or coach worth their salt is going to abuse having one real LB’er opposite of their offense. I like Barron as the hybrid LB’er but keeping the Lamarcus “midget” Joyner in at all times, even in goal line situations, will be used against us all season long. Didn’t help that even in the passing game Joyner was completely embarrassed by Jeremy Kerley all game.

Tavon Austin WR-12 targets, 4 catches. Obviously not his fault the playcalling and offense is useless. And Keenum threw a lot of balls to terrible places. But if you’re going to pay a player a big contract you use him to gain yards not waste downs catching balls at the line scrimmage.

Defensive line- wow, one thing I thought we would never see is Aaron Donald reduced to an afterthought. Let alone the whole d-line. This is our bread and butter… no matter how it gets we can rely on our d-line to at least punish the other offense and QB. Instead they let Gabbert do whatever he wanted and they got manhandled by the Whiners o-line. They performed better as the game wore on but never looked dominating at all.

The WHAT THE **** is going on?!?!??!?!

The Rams rotated Wichman and Brown at RG throughout the whole game. Remember the carousel of Barnes, Rhaney, and guy’s name I can’t remember last year all the way up until the first game? This o-line is in constant flux. Pick your god **** starting o-line and coach them! Jesus

Havenstein was not ready to play yet. He looked slow and tentative. Why was he in there? But more so, why was he in there after it was obvious to everyone? Since you can’t decide who sucks more between Wichman and Brown throw Saffold at RT anyway. It’s where he was all preseason.

Which leads to offense in general. I can’t put a ton of blame on the o-line though. They had no chance. Play calling was baffling and useless. The Whiners dared the Rams to throw the ball with stacking the line. Literally the only other thing they could have done was have Chip Kelly hold up a giant sign across from Fisher with big lettering that said “Pass the ball past the line of scrimmage… I ****ing dare you” while having all the players make chicken wing motions before the ball was snapped.

Coty Sensabaugh- I just…. Nothing needs said really he is what he is.

Team psyche- Fisher completely lost his team by the 4th quarter. This was evident by the way the team looked and acted. It came to a head when Donald got himself ejected and threw a tantrum on the field. I’m not sure how players can come to work today and listen to Fisher and buy what he’s trying to sell now. If I’m an offensive player how do you buy anything your coaches are telling you after this performance? It was a complete and utterly demoralizing loss. I never once saw Fisher yell or even talk to anyone else on the sideline. He just stood there and stared with a glazed look on his face. Like he had just found out Chip Kelly was banging his wife and was mulling his options between prison, suicide, or crying.

Team Leadership- Which leads me to this. Where was the leadership? Chris Long and James Lairinaitis left a void and no one has stepped into it. I was hoping Ogeltree and Donald would step up but they lost their cool too easily. There's more to leadership than yelling and throwing your helmet cause you're pissed. Hard Knocks didn't help with the way they portrayed some of training camp but it seems like this team doesn't have any accountability to it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL take disciplinary measure against Aaron Donald. Always having the youngest team in the league is getting old if no one is going to control the kids.

Fisher- said after the game Keenum was still the started and nothing will change. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!?! I give up, do whatever you want man. Keep digging your career grave. I like Fisher, I really do. But this game was a career ender. He’s going to have to pull out a miracle to win fans, players, and hopefully Kroenke’s confidence back.

7VHV66bRjGRSo.gif

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You forgot Hekker. Poor bastard had to ice his leg after having like 27 punts last night

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Pretty perfect summary, and you probably could have gone on for a few more pages with the ugly/@#$! so appreciate the brevity, too.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I will say this, if this team thought the media and fans in St. Louis were tough, they all better grow alligator skin real fast because the LA media and fans will be 100 times worse. If I were a player, coach, etc. I would not listen or watch anything for the next week because it will be ugly.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You forgot Hekker. Poor bastard had to ice his leg after having like 27 punts last night

Ah you are right Hekker does deserve to be in the good. Hell of a leg that one. Hope it doesn't fall off before the year is over. Edited him in.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I will say this, if this team thought the media and fans in St. Louis were tough, they all better grow alligator skin real fast because the LA media and fans will be 100 times worse. If I were a player, coach, etc. I would not listen or watch anything for the next week because it will be ugly.
Too late. Already sent an email to the Rams season ticket holder assistance to express my disappointment that I paid for NFL season tickets and the team's performance last night was not commensurate to any NFL team. I.e. This was not the product I paid for.

Psycho_X

Legend
Dang, forgot to put in my gif at the end. Edit, edit, edit.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Too late. Already sent an email to the Rams season ticket holder assistance to express my disappointment that I paid for NFL season tickets and the team's performance last night was not commensurate to any NFL team. I.e. This was not the product I paid for.
You wonder if they have a 30-day return policy?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well .... The "D" did come out on fire in the 3rd Quarter, the held the 49ers to minus 5 Yards until the last play of the quarter, then gave up a 12 yards 1st Down pass, which made the 49ers a Total of 7 yards for the Quarter!
OK! I'm searching for more good in the game than JUST the fact we have the BEST Punter in the League!!

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Well .... The "D" did come out on fire in the 3rd Quarter, the held the 49ers to minus 5 Yards until the last play of the quarter, then gave up a 12 yards 1st Down pass, which made the 49ers a Total of 7 yards for the Quarter!
OK! I'm searching for more good in the game than JUST the fact we have the BEST Punter in the League!!

We'll always have Johnny Hekker lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Strange how there isn't one glimmer of hope for us to think that they have a shot of winning next week. The offensive game plan (coupled with the weak armed QB), was that bad.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The good. This ought to be enough to end the Fisher regime

Also good. This team has some key talent in place

The bad. The key talent is going to have to learn a new system and that is going to take some time

The ugly. The Rams are the laughing stock of the league. Last night was about as bad as it has ever been.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Grob is a better player this year. That's huge for us in the long run.
Agree on Hav. He wasn't ready. I was surprised to see him starting over Saffold at RT.

TJ McDonald looked great last night. He was a beast.

I was very surprised Boras didn't dial up a couple deep shots down the field early in the game. Even if there is little chance of making a play. Let the other team know we're going to take some shots if you keep putting 9 men on the line. A PI call is still a possibility. Keeping the game plan around the LOS, played right into what Frisco was doing on D. WTF.

I doubt Fisher takes his time bringing Goff up to spead. After last night, the whole world knows we need to get him ready to play.
Expect more of the same from Seattle and every other team, until we can throw the ball down field.

I've been a huge Fisher supporter. After last night it's impossible to defend him. We were not ready to play. He was clearly embarrassed on the sideline last night. You could see it.
I doubt the players or coaches are going to have fun this week in practice. The entire offensive staff should be in a think tank this morning. Not being able to make adjustments in a game has killed us in the past and it killed us last night.

Having almost as many penalty yards as TOTAL offense is inexcusable.

fearsomefour

Legend
Going forward I will refer to Jeff Fisher as The Fisher King or FK.
This is the name of a Robin Williams movie from the early 90's where he plays a delusional homeless guy who because of his mental illness thinks he is a knight seeking the Holy Grail.
Seems to fit. The Fisher King delusionally seeking an offense.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Man...even my BBQ Brats could not believe that game last night...
giphy.gif

Athos

Legend
I went to bed. Donald really got himself ejected? lol.

"Players coach" Fisher strikes again. Hate em or love em, Long and JL55 set the personality, discipline, etc with this team along the line. Leaders don't throw tantrums on the field. This team is rudderless. Even Gurley acted like a child.

Dunno how one can justify Fisher coaching another game.

It was pretty much all a clusterfuck.

Psycho_X

Legend
I went to bed. Donald really got himself ejected? lol.

"Players coach" Fisher strikes again. Hate em or love em, Long and JL55 set the personality, discipline, etc with this team along the line. Leaders don't throw tantrums on the field. This team is rudderless. Even Gurley acted like a child.

Dunno how one can justify Fisher coaching another game.

It was pretty much all a clusterfuck.

Yeah, it was basically the cherry on the top. This is probably the lowest moment... when he spikes his helmet is basically rock bottom for this organization in my opinion... at the very least rock bottom of the Fisher era. Truly was the complete culmination of a team wide self destruction. Was unbelievable.

If you want to see.
Edit nm nfl.com is the most useless website.

Is here
http://thebiglead.com/2016/09/13/aaron-donald-rams-ejected-video-flips-out/

Fisher's reaction

BadCompany

Rookie
I replied to a tweet last night, before the game, saying that what they should do on the first offensive play of the game was run a play-action fake, 80 yard bomb down the sidelines. If nothing else it would get them thinking.

Instead they came out with their game plan, which everybody knew was their game plan, and stuck with it. Even though they might as well have had the 49ers calling their plays, that's how obvious they were.

There may be some talent on the offensive side of the line, but it's not THAT good that it can overcome the other team basically knowing what play you are going to run.

That was just a terrible coaching job. Terrible. Even if Keenum muffs every deep throw then at least you can say "well, that's on the QB, it was a good strategy to open up some lanes for Gurley..." But to not even try, to just keep pounding the ball into a nine man front...