The Gibson "Drop" on Closer Examination

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I dunno. It his hands. It would have been a tough catch either way, but I think that should have been caught.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
Gibson's single mistake on that play was tracking the ball over his right shoulder.
And that, my friend, is what I feel is Gibson's biggest flaw.

I've seen him make ridiculous catches on post patterns and 9 routes, but when he's got to actually track a long ball, it freaks him all up. For whatever reason, he just loses his bearings. If you're able, go back and look at the Eagles game of last year for examples of both.

Noticed this too. Remember the long bomb against the Vikes in the preseason? I thought he was going to tackle himself. Even last weeks TD catch was sketchy. I always hold my breath when I see Sammy lobbing the long ball for Gibby. At least he makes it interesting, haha.