The games final play...tell the truth now!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

The ONLY thing they went through my mind was "we are getting screwed!!!'

Oh I knew the rule but I was CONVINCED at the least they were going to call TJ for hit on a defenseless receiver.

This league is such a mess, it really is, the refs are the superstars week in and week out. By that I mean THEY decide every single game.

Sickening.

PhxRam

The ONLY thing they went through my mind was "we are getting screwed!!!'

Oh I knew the rule but I was CONVINCED at the least they were going to call TJ for hit on a defenseless receiver.

This league is such a mess, it really is, the refs are the superstars week in and week out. By that I mean THEY decide every single game.

Sickening.

I yelled for the 10 second run off but didnt think we would get it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thought never entered my mind. I did think the refs were going to screw up the 10 second run-off though.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I knew it should happen. But was expecting the call to go against us someway. But it didn't..............

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I didn't think it was a hit on a defenseless receiver but what I was worried about was the refs putting 4 seconds on the clock because they "delayed" in identifying an injured player. Then the Bucs would have had 2 seconds to get a snap off after the 10 second run off. However, IIRC, the clock starts when the ball is placed and the signal given. I don't think Tampa could have gotten everyone in place to snap the ball. But then again, a false start would stop the clock, move back 5 yards and a reset on the game clock.

Really, that all went through my head in that brief amount of time.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Yeah I was expecting the shaft.

I was so shocked I got up and celebrated.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Yup. Fully expected a flag. It's gotten to the point that officials will toss the yellow on a clean play just because of the sheer viciousness of the hit. I mentioned this in another thread but it was totally a "Welcome to the NFL" moment. TJ knocked the wind out of him which is just a dibilitating and scary feeling. I bet Evans wakes up a tad stiff in the morning too.

Philly5

Rookie
Soon as I saw the trainers on the field I knew it was over. Even the Refs couldn't screw that up.

A55VA6

Legend
I was nervous as hell when he caught it, I was thinking "Here we go again...." and then as soon as I heard the whistle I started yelling "10 second runoff!!! Game over!!"

Just glad it went our way for once.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Refs got it right. As soon as I saw Evans down and act hurt I looked at the clock.... and it had .08 left. I said... no timeouts, injury, 10 second runoff.... game over. And thank god the refs got it right.... Rams win. All I care about.

209RamsFan

I was ticked on th "roughing the passer call" freaking Goodell....let them play

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Yeah if Evans would have ran off under his own power, they could have gotten set to spike the ball and setup for a FG. Once the trainers came out, I too was yelling there should be a 10 second runoff and the game was over because there was only 0:09 left on game clock. However, the Fox TV game clock sometimes doesn't jive with the official game clock, but I never thought of that until after the game was called. Anyway you look at it we won and we are now looking to beat down Jerry's cowgirls.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Thing is, I think Evans was being a bullshitter, taking a note from the NBA. He got up real quick and walked right off without any issues.

Also, he took harder hits earlier in the game. I didn't think that last play was that hard of a hit. I'm calling it a rookie mistake on Evans.

Then again, who am I to judge how bad a hit from an nfl defender hurt...

JRobinson

MiLB
This crew of officials were very indecisive and lackadaisical. On the first Touchdown for the Bucs, they missed a false start by the RT. They then obviously blew the roughing the passer call as well. But their overall demeanor was that they were not comfortable working together, or just not comfortable in general.

The last play really got my blood a boilin' due to the defensive play call (deep zone coverage). They would have had a great opportunity to beat us via the field goal had it not been for the run off.

Agamemnon

Rookie
Expecting a 10 second runoff and end of game. Too bad TBay didn't have Faulk to get Evans to the line.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was sure a flag was coming on that play too. I'll take being wrong.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I was thinking my wife was really into the game and happy the Rams were winning and that the Rams better not mess up a golden opportunity for me to score myself.