The future of the offensive line.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Our O-line seems to be in complete shambles (as many have noted). The only player we can count on is Barksdale (although Barnes seems acceptable) and that my friend, is really scary. :omg:[/quote]

if you can watch yesterdays game and you will likely have doubts about barnes to

Alan

Legend
Alan with his usual brilliance:
Our O-line seems to be in complete shambles (as many have noted). The only player we can count on is Barksdale (although Barnes seems acceptable) and that my friend, is really scary. :omg:

iamme33 throwing water on the party goers:
watch yesterdays game and you will likely have doubts about barnes too.

Referee youareyou66 assessing a well deserved penalty:
15 yards and loss of down for piling on! :razz: :lol:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
i really hope we get a couple of huge OG. if saffold wont resign we are in trouble up the middle. QB cant step up in the pocket if there isnt one.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Umm... someone would hire Schotty as a head coach? Being we were all screaming for his head pre-f
Fisher intervention I find this surprising.

jap

Legend
Umm... someone would hire Schotty as a head coach? Being we were all screaming for his head pre-f
Fisher intervention I find this surprising.

Someone hired Shumar or whatever our former OC under Spags was called.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Really when you think about it if saffold doesnt resign we are forced to draft matthews. He may not have the highest ceiling of ol in this draft but he is definitely the most nfl ready. I think you have to draft a guard early as well to ensure you have a guy who is ready to play. Rebuild the line with quality talent and dont look back. I just dont think you roll the dice that long is ready or will stay healthy.

Alan

Legend
That's why they call you the "sane" Rams fan. :wink:

ALthough I won't be disappointed if we draft a different OT as long as we draft a good one early.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
That's why they call you the "sane" Rams fan. :wink:

ALthough I won't be disappointed if we draft d different OT as long as we draft a good one early.
Frankly Im smitten with Robinson lt auborn Iif saffold resigns. If not I think you have to take the more polished player.

RFIP

I wonder if they''ll keep both Williams and Shelly?

I am not a fan of S Smith. Would rather keep Wells, Jones I suspect starts next year at G, re-sign Saffold and play him at LT while Long mends, Barksdale at RT. Also I think they really like this Person guy too.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am not a fan of S Smith. Would rather keep Wells, Jones I suspect starts next year at G, re-sign Saffold and play him at LT while Long mends, Barksdale at RT. Also I think they really like this Person guy too.

Keeping Wells hurts on the available cap space to resign Saffold It going to take some up front guaranteed money to get him back where you going to get that? If you sold some of your body parts to help cover the cash for Saffold :heh: & resigned him you said you would put Saffold @ OLT & Barksdale @ ORT, Wells @ OC & Barrett Jones as a OG who's your other OG starter till Jake Long comes back ...a rookie? or Persons?

Frankly Im smitten with Robinson lt auborn Iif saffold resigns. If not I think you have to take the more polished player.

I take that your talking about Greg Robinson of Auburn? Not sure if his pass protection skills are up to NFL level yet but we sure know that he can run block! He is one of my favorites Ol'ers draft prospects too. He needs to move inside @ OLG for a yr or two before he is fine tuned enough to take over for Jake Long. Robinson could start @ ORT a little earlier IMO too.

Alan

Legend
RFIP's view of Shelly:
Sorry, I didn't make it clear that I was talking about keeping them as back ups. You don't think CW or SS are OK back ups? If we don't re-sign one or both of them we'll still have to replace them with...who? The devil you know or thoughts to that effect. Your thoughts?

Alan

Legend
SaneRamsFan having second thoughts about the merits of being sane:
I would have thought the opposite would have been true. Not re-signing Saffold would require a more polished T be signed. How does your reasoning on that go?

Bonifay adding:
He needs to move inside @ OLG for a yr or two
I like him as a guard on a more permanent basis.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would have thought the opposite would have been true. Not re-signing Saffold would require a more polished T be signed. Does your reasoning on that go?
I like (Greg Robinson) him as a guard on a more permanent basis.

Of all the UFA more polished OT's that are allegedly to enter UFA in March the one I like the most by far is
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/jared-veldheer/

In ref. to the 2014 OL prospect Greg Robinson ....I truly believe he will be an outstanding OLT once he learns the high skill level needed at this next level. If the Rams want him, target him he will come at the expense of a first round pick, I am guessing somewhere later in the first round area between 20 & 30 sections much like Alec Ogletree did.

Alan

Legend
BonifayRam adding his thoughts:
Of all the UFA more polished OT's that are allegedly to enter UFA in March the one I like the most by far is
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/jared-veldheer/

In ref. to the 2014 OL prospect Greg Robinson ....I truly believe he will be an outstanding OLT once he learns the high skill level needed at this next level. If the Rams want him, target him he will come at the expense of a first round pick, I am guessing somewhere later in the first round area between 20 & 30 sections much like Alec Ogletree did.

I'm not sure we have the money to sign Veldheer especially if we seriously go after Byrd.

As for Robinson, I'll trust your judgement concerning his abilities and the 20-30 range is perfect for us. Especially if we end up with three firsts (Cleveland trade) or we do a second trade down with our 13th pick.

Alan

Legend
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5307/jairus-byrd
Byrd played under the franchise tag in 2013 and skipped the team's entire offseason program before signing the tender two weeks before Week 1. He ended up sitting out the first five games with plantar fasciitis. Byrd started the final nine games of the season and was elected to the Pro Bowl once again. Whaley said he'll make Byrd a long-term offer but wouldn't rule out using the franchise tag on him for a second straight season. That would cost over $8 million