The Force Awakens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
i drove as fast as i could to the nearest Cinemark and bought 10 tickets for the first showing of the movie.
i'll be seeing it on December 17th at 10:30 PM in 3D XD.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
i drove as fast as i could to the nearest Cinemark and bought 10 tickets for the first showing of the movie.
i'll be seeing it on December 17th at 10:30 PM in 3D XD.

Is 3d in the theatres good? Do you where glasses the whole time?

TXRams86

The Infamous
i've only seen two movies in 3D.
gravity (amazing) and jurassic world (decent).
yes you have the glasses on the whole time but, depending on the movie, it's the only way to watch a movie.
i assume that star wars is going to be AMAZING in 3D.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm going to watch it in theaters, even if I have to sit in a wheelchair to do it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm curious to see who's been in charge of the Empire for the last 20 since Vader.s and the Emperor's deaths , looks like the Empire is still well in control , Kylo Ren looks like he's a Darth Vader wannabe , But I don't think he's the one in charge of the entire Empire for the last 20 years

That's what I like about these trailer , they show the mood and tone of the film without giving any of the story away

Athos

Legend
No clue. All the old books were retconned out of existence I believe.

I think there are new books out that may say?

I know in the old books, Like went to the dark side for a time.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Go iMax 3D if you can. It can get pricey, but man it's an experience. I see really big premieres in iMax (Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc). Watching Ant-Man in iMax was a trip.

Star Wars? Ehh, never been a HUGE dork about it. I'll go see it, like that Friday or Saturday comfortably without all the insane crowds.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Im going to see this in theaters ofc, but having read almost half of the EU(Expanded universe, read over 80 books), was hoping for a different story line(Thrawn or Yuuzhan Vong) . But I do like Disney and they do make some good shit, and no doubt it'l be better than episodes 1, 2 and 3.

bluecoconuts

Legend
A bunch of guys from work want to go to opening night, but I don't think that'll happen. Either way I'll be watching it in theaters eventually. I've only seen Avatar in 3D and it gave me a headache, but I may try to see this one in 3D iMax as well, pop a bunch of aspirin and check it out anyway.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Looking forward to the movie. Although I'm not as hyped as you guys are, hyping something continuously will lead to unrealistic expectations that will disappoint only because it didn't reach the mountain's peak.

bskrilla

Starter
I'm curious to see who's been in charge of the Empire for the last 20 since Vader.s and the Emperor's deaths , looks like the Empire is still well in control , Kylo Ren looks like he's a Darth Vader wannabe , But I don't think he's the one in charge of the entire Empire for the last 20 years

That's what I like about these trailer , they show the mood and tone of the film without giving any of the story away

!!!POTENTIAL SPOILERS. Highlight below to see

From what I have read this isn't actually the Empire we're seeing, and they're definitely not in control. It's a group called "The New Order" I believe and they are sort of like a cultish military group that was inspired by the Empire, and has created a sort of mythos around Vader and Palpatine and the fallen Empire. This New Order is looking to regain control and fulfill what they feel was the Empire's original plan. Supposedly the number of soldiers should be pretty even between the "Rebels" and the "Empire" this time.

There is more speculation I could share, but I'll hold off on bigger potential spoilers.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The chick in this new one looks a lot like the hot chick from the last ones... Padame.

HOT... me like

tahoe

Pro Bowler

here is what ive found without really giving anything away
Supreme Leader Snoke, Kylo Ren's master and a powerful figure of the dark side
General Hux, leader of the primary First Order base, Starkiller Base

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I am super geeked for this movie, Id consider myself a pretty big star wars nerd. Im planning on seeing this movie on Thursday night, Ive never done it before but I think I will for this one. So far it seems like they are really doing this one the right way, and no one really knows the story which is pretty exciting too.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Snoke ? , isn"t that the character Andy Serkis is playing ?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The thing about 3D

And everyone's different , but for me , I find that it's hardly ever worth it

The wife and I go to the movies all the time , and most big block busters , we go to the 3D showing and find ourselves leaving saying , well , that sure wasn't worth it..................lol

My problem is that after about the first 10 minutes my eyes get adjusted to the 3D , and then for the rest of the movie , I don't even hardly notice the 3D anymore , except for once in a while during the movie they'll have 2 or 3 really cool money shots , where you go , ok , that was pretty cool , but for the rest of the movie , I'm usually going , we should have just went for the regular 2D showing , it's usually a lot clearer

It's like at night when you turn off the lights and the room is real dark , but after about 10 minutes , your eyes get used to it , same with 3D movies for me

But , that being said , I'm sure we'll see Star Wars in 3D..................lol

DenverRam

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
thats what good 3d is supposed to be these days. You are not supposed to notice it. If you are constantly noticing it, then it is overdone.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The thing about 3D

And everyone's different , but for me , I find that it's hardly ever worth it

The wife and I go to the movies all the time , and most big block busters , we go to the 3D showing and find ourselves leaving saying , well , that sure wasn't worth it..................lol

My problem is that after about the first 10 minutes my eyes get adjusted to the 3D , and then for the rest of the movie , I don't even hardly notice the 3D anymore , except for once in a while during the movie they'll have 2 or 3 really cool money shots , where you go , ok , that was pretty cool , but for the rest of the movie , I'm usually going , we should have just went for the regular 2D showing , it's usually a lot clearer

It's like at night when you turn off the lights and the room is real dark , but after about 10 minutes , your eyes get used to it , same with 3D movies for me

But , that being said , I'm sure we'll see Star Wars in 3D..................lol

Ant-Man though (assuming you saw it) had that final scene where he shrunk into oblivion. THAT was crazy in 3D with all the shapes. Plus you really did feel like running with his ant army.

Spider-Man 2 was fun in 3D b/c you felt like he was flying. That was the only one where I got nauseous tho, but man WORTH IT.

But Guardians or other of the Phase 2 films weren't that great in 3D. The 1st Avengers had its moments, IDK about Ultron.