The Fitty Cent Question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Graphicker

Starter
Mr.Sam Bradford aka Dr.Jekyll and Hyde

There isn't a bigger fan than myself. Jrry can vouch for me :lmao:
After the Niners game I wanted him gone. The man looked like he has regressed again.
I feel like we are in the same situation the niners were in with Alex Smith.

But he bounced back with a decent showing.

He has 10 TD's with 3 Int's and 1,315 Yards in the Season.. 6.1 Yards per attempt and that's not good but we can live with it.
Sacked 13 times with a 85.7 QB Rating, His best so far in his career.

The 58.3% is also not good. But considering he isn't playing well, Those numbers don't look bad at all.

So do we keep him or move on?

1118.gif

Or

giphy.gif

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Re: The Million Dollar Question

Not even a 50 cent question. We keep him until he proves he is not capable of being a top 5 QB in this league. I've seen nothing to this point that Sam Bradford has done or not done to make me doubt that. All about the circumstances...

Young Ram

Hall of Fame

11 more games will tell me. I had high hopes for Bradford. Being in the same system, I thought, would do wonders for him. He has been too inconsistent but let's see if he turns it around.

bluecoconuts

Legend

His completion rate and YPA, both of which I don't take much credit in, is likely due more to the inexperience we have at receiver than anything else.

Point is we keep him until he's the problem with the offense. Right now he's carrying the offense essentially alone.

Graphicker

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Young Ram said:
11 more games will tell me. I had high hopes for Bradford. Being in the same system, I thought, would do wonders for him. He has been too inconsistent but let's see if he turns it around.

This is it for me. There are times where he looks like Tom Brady.. But we haven't seen that all this year, We've seen more Sanchez than the Sam we know. His body language is beyond disgusting. Even yesterday it was bad. A QB should never lose faith in his WR.

Even after week 1 he mentioned he would keep throwing the ball to Cook after the fumble. Where did that leadership go?

At this point I'm begging he turns into Jake Plummer. There is no sense of urgency with Sam, There is no sense of going deep or scanning the field. I see Sam and then I see Luck and see 2 completely QB's.

It's sad really. Because we've all seen Sam thrive under pressure and become a clutch beast. Looks like we'll just get the samples rather than the whole entree.

iced

Graphicker said:
This is it for me. There are times where he looks like Tom Brady.. But we haven't seen that all this year, We've seen more Sanchez than the Sam we know. His body language is beyond disgusting. Even yesterday it was bad. A QB should never lose faith in his WR.

Even after week 1 he mentioned he would keep throwing the ball to Cook after the fumble. Where did that leadership go?

Probably the same place as Cook's blocking... Cook can't get the ball if he won't get on the field, and if he can't/won't block he'll be on the bench. Yesterday proved this

bskrilla

Starter

Graphicker said:
Young Ram said:

At this point I'm begging he turns into Jake Plummer. There is no sense of urgency with Sam, There is no sense of going deep or scanning the field. I see Sam and then I see Luck and see 2 completely QB's.

It's sad really. Because we've all seen Sam thrive under pressure and become a clutch beast. Looks like we'll just the samples rather than the whole entree.

He went deep several times yesterday, including a 30yd TD where he looked off the safety. I do agree that we need to see more of that though.

Graphicker

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bskrilla said:
Graphicker said:
Young Ram said:

It's sad really. Because we've all seen Sam thrive under pressure and become a clutch beast. Looks like we'll just the samples rather than the whole entree.

He went deep several times yesterday, including a 30yd TD where he looked off the safety. I do agree that we need to see more of that though.

Eh..
1374099_10152261553732589_46896574_n.png

Talking about the season in general.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

He is no different than any other player.
Keep him to a better player comes along or his cap cost holds the team back in other areas.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

I'm a little dissapointed in his completion percentage being sub 60%. BUT, going back and watching the games he has had a pretty fair amount of dropped passes. Not even the ones that are hard to catch, the ones that most pro's SHOULD catch. Austin is at the top of that list. Way too many dropped passes so far.

He still has the best overall stats of any QB in our division. Easy to say it could be better also. And considering he's on pace for career numbers despite the dink and dunk approach (as many call it) we should realize he's still not the biggest problem.

The 140 points the D has given up is... So while Sam has 2 very unlucky pick sixes, I think he's done way more to help us win then he has to cost us to lose. Even if it's been extremely unsesxy to watch.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

In the end, when you consider the offensive line, the running game, the play calling and the dropped passes, Sam has been excellent.

But they need to draft at secondary on defense and the offensive line as priorities. Heck, they can't even judge the their current receivers until the offensive line gives them the time to complete their deeper routes.

Sure, it's more difficult because the offensive line is comprised of 5 people and creating depth in that position is no easy task. But until they have a good consistent offensive line, QB, running back and WR picks are a waste.

Sadly, regardless of what you think of his play calling, I think it's a waste to replace Shottenheimer until you have a solid offensive line.

So there's your priority if you draft by need. Offensive line.

iced

Zaphod said:
In the end, when you consider the offensive line, the running game, the play calling and the dropped passes, Sam has been excellent.

But they need to draft at secondary on defense and the offensive line as priorities. Heck, they can't even judge the their current receivers until the offensive line gives them the time to complete their deeper routes.

Sure, it's more difficult because the offensive line is comprised of 5 people and creating depth in that position is no easy task. But until they have a good consistent offensive line, QB, running back and WR picks are a waste.

Sadly, regardless of what you think of his play calling, I think it's a waste to replace Shottenheimer until you have a solid offensive line.

With the LG rotation, it's 6 guys...

LG is by far the most glaring weakness on this team - one could make the argument for the whole interior.. followed by safety and nickle corner

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

iced said:
Zaphod said:

LG is by far the most glaring weakness on this team - one could make the argument for the whole interior.. followed by safety and nickle corner

Yeah, I have been underwhelmed by Wells and Dahl this year. It appears that time may have caught up to them.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

iced said:
Zaphod said:

I'd argue RG is not far behind LG as the weakest link on the OL. Dahl has very limited range and when asked to block in space, he often whiffs. Imo Wells hasn't been stellar, but Idk if he's as bad as some say. Its a tough task being asked to help the turnstiles he has to his left and right on many downs. Not saying Wells is a long term answer, but I think you could see him be more productive if we had some young, powerful, and athletic guards around him

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick

Let's see.Rams won yesterday. Sam throws 3 TDs, no ints, but people talking about "do we keep him or move on?". Laughing my fucking ass off!!

GO RAMS!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Move on?

m3hwtLh.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

rickrawk said:
Let's see.Rams won yesterday. Sam throws 3 TDs, no ints, but people talking about "do we keep him or move on?". Laughing my freaking ass off!!

GO RAMS!!!!

Same here. Let's just enjoy the season.

Besides; who do you replace him with? History shows there are no guarantees in the draft and there won't be anyone better in FA.

Me personally; I'd rather keep building around the guy. We can win with Sam.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The final 11 games will tell the tale. I'm neutral right now.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick

CGI_Ram said:
rickrawk said:
Let's see.Rams won yesterday. Sam throws 3 TDs, no ints, but people talking about "do we keep him or move on?". Laughing my freaking ass off!!

GO RAMS!!!!

Same here. Let's just enjoy the season.

Besides; who do you replace him with? History shows there are no guarantees in the draft and there won't be anyone better in FA.

Me personally; I'd rather keep building around the guy. We can win with Sam.
Straight like that!

GO RAMS!!!!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler

Shiggity - Sam's the man. No question, hands down he's our QB of the future.