The Easley loss is significant. However...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
It's far from the most impactful that was possible. And I say that with all due respect to Easley.

Losses to any of the following would have been far more damaging, don't you think?

Goff
Gurley
Whit
Sully
Woods
Kupp
Higbee or Everett

And those are just on the O. How about on the D?

Donald
Quinn
Brockers
Ogletree
Barwin
TruJo
Joyner
Alexander

Sooooo...

While I really regret the loss of Easley, I must say that he will be more easily replaced than any of the 16 players listed above.

The Easley loss was significant, but very survivable.

Just to try to put this in perspective.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Bad Bad Post.. Don't Jinx anything.... wave away the bad Ju Ju... Knock on Wood .....

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Delete this nephew

zlHQuHHr.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
LOL...you guys....

That was my thought though as well: why even consider players getting hurt ?

Joyner ?? Come on now !!

Tru & Quinn both went down when The Rams were 3-1 going to be 4-1 . Keenum did throw a bad interception.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not talking injury, although it could be due to that, but the loss of Jared Goff would be the worst, Not because of what he has done already, but what we all hope he can do. We need a facilitator that can read defenses, pass accurately, and who can make plays at the biggest moments. We haven't had that really since Bulger and Warner...more so Warner..It takes a whole team to win, but it's like trying to win at chess after losing the queen when a QB is gone.

Gurley would be the next horrible loss. We can't lose a transcendent player as he was in 2015 and still hope to have a winning team.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It's far from the most impactful that was possible. And I say that with all due respect to Easley.

Losses to any of the following would have been far more damaging, don't you think?

Goff
Gurley
Whit
Sully
Woods
Kupp
Higbee or Everett

And those are just on the O. How about on the D?

Donald
Quinn
Brockers
Ogletree
Barwin
TruJo
Joyner
Alexander

Sooooo...

While I really regret the loss of Easley, I must say that he will be more easily replaced than any of the 16 players listed above.

The Easley loss was significant, but very survivable.

Just to try to put this in perspective.
As a fan who never wanted to see the Rams plan to start Dom Easley as a full time starter I agree with you. My belief from the time he put on the RamHorns, Easley's best role & would have his best impact, for this new defense would be as a top back up to all 3 DL posts in the passing defense.

I always knew Easley knees would not hold up. If you planned to use Easley as your top relief & loose him to IR its always easier to move on. But when you plan Easley in the off season as your starter.?....impact is damaging. Westbrooks has always had better long term value here. The most affected DL'er (in a positive way) is Morgan Fox. Of all our current DL cadre Fox (6-3/275) is the closest in talent, skills & size to Dom Easley (6-2/273). Fox best ability is to pass rush effectively from multiple positions across the defensive line.

Last season Fox was hanging on by a hair with many starters Donald, Quinn, Hayes, Sims, Brockers & reliefs like Westbrooks, Longacre, Easley, Quinton Coples, Cam Thomas & LTP. Seven in that above list are no longer in competition with Fox today. Their gone or moved to Lb'ing cadre. So that says something to me about the positive trajectory Fox is on currently.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/could-dominique-easley-be-a-starting-3-4-de.48987/#post-883056

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads...defenses-depth-chart.49105/page-5#post-888313

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
There is no way i can imagine McVay counting on Dom Easley to play 16 games this season, history says not. Stll, sorry to see the guy injured
train

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Really sucks he's injured but like you said, it could Easley be worse
sorry, not sorry