The do’s and don’ts of NFL celebrations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZqwwWZjRM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/07/the-dos-and-donts-of-nfl-celebrations/

The do’s and don’ts of NFL celebrations
Posted by Mike Florio on October 7, 2016

The NFL’s coaches and players want guidance regarding what can and can’t be done when celebrating. In his weekly media video, NFL senior V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino attempts to clear things up.

Here’s what’s allowed: (1) dancing that is not sexually suggestive; (2) celebrations with teammates that are not choreographed; (3) spiking the ball, as long as it’s not directed at an opponent; (4) spinning the ball, as long as it’s not directed to an opponent; (5) bowing to the crowd; (6) saluting; (7) going to the ground in prayer; (8) the “Lambeau Leap”; and (9) handing the ball to the official.

Here’s what isn’t permitted: (1) anything that mimics a violent act, including slashing the throat, shooting guns, and shooting arrows, whether directed at an opponent or not; (2) sexually suggestive dancing; (2) choreographed celebrations; (3) excessive celebrations; (4) prolonged celebrations; (5) spiking or spinning the ball at an opponent; (6) going to the ground; (7) using the ball as a prop; and (8) using any other props.

When it comes to sexually suggestive dancing, the NFL will apply the “know it when you see it” rule.

“If it looks like it, it probably is, and we’re trying to give our officials some consistent guidelines,” Blandino said in the video. So, basically, it’s not a matter of two pumps or three pumps. Any pumps should result in a penalty.

As to choreographed celebrations, Blandino explained that the goal is to avoid efforts by players to come up with bigger and better ways to celebrate.

“Believe me, if we let this go, it will continue to grow and certain players will continue to try to outdo each other, and then it leads to other things. Players stomping on logos, and players hitting those players stomping on logos,” Blandino said.

The rules have been on the books for years. In 2016, it has become a point of emphasis, a fancy label acknowledging that the officials haven’t been enforcing the rules properly. Blandino explained that the fouls will increase at first, and that players and coaches then will adjust.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As to choreographed celebrations, Blandino explained that the goal is to avoid efforts by players to come up with bigger and better ways to celebrate.
Yeah, thanks for that.

bobnweave.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Personally I always loved ( And always will!) The GSOT Group Bob 'n Weave!(y):D But alas it too is illegal! IDKW!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rumor has it the Panthers have weekly meetings at the Carolina Broadway Theatre Company to make certain they have at least 15 different choreographed celebration dances available at any given time.Can't wait for the Rams to smash them in the mouth when they come to Los Angeles and hopefully put a stop to these goofy planned dances for at least a game. I know Cam is just having fun, but, the arrogance, it just rubs me the wrong way. So glad they lost the Superbowl. They should have concentrated more on the game film and playbook instead of the celebration dances. I've become the old man who longs for the Jack Youngblood and Deacon Jones days where you did your job and got into the HOF without a bunch of "look at me! look at me!" moments.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rumor has it the Panthers have weekly meetings at the Carolina Broadway Theatre Company to make certain they have at least 15 different choreographed celebration dances available at any given time.Can't wait for the Rams to smash them in the mouth when they come to Los Angeles and hopefully put a stop to these goofy planned dances for at least a game. I know Cam is just having fun, but, the arrogance, it just rubs me the wrong way. So glad they lost the Superbowl. They should have concentrated more on the game film and playbook instead of the celebration dances. I've become the old man who longs for the Jack Youngblood and Deacon Jones days where you did your job and got into the HOF without a bunch of "look at me! look at me!" moments.
" In the Old Days the Rams Linemen did have some 'Special' Practices too!
Billboard.gif

Klein & Other Rams 1975.jpg
Laughing.gif

" But I do completely agree with you!!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
At the end of the day, this is a game. Let the players have fun. Does anyone actually care if a dance was choreographed? The only things that should be outlawed is excessive celebrations, celebrations directed at the opposing team, or obscene gestures.

Shoman01

Rookie
Do's... Act like you have been there before, and that you will be back there again.
Hand the ball to the ref and proceed to the sidelines.
Don'ts... Act like a jackass