The Designer's Corner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
So I use to belong to a great Graphic Design forum that lasted a long time but then eventually my buddy who ran the forum moved onto other projects and media. I'm wondering if there's any other designers within our forum and if anyone would like to communicate with each other, possibly work on projects together etc. If you're, please feel free to post your work below, any new projects or screenshots of what you may be working on or ideas you may have for the forum or collaboration projects.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Hey man!

I'm a Web / Graphic designer who's spent time in big agencies and has worked for myself. I love meeting fellow designers, working on collaborative pieces, and taking on new projects!

What's your portfolio?

Mine is www.laponza.com (updating this very soon)

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey man!

I'm a Web / Graphic designer who's spent time in big agencies and has worked for myself. I love meeting fellow designers, working on collaborative pieces, and taking on new projects!

What's your portfolio?

Mine is www.laponza.com (updating this very soon)

Hey there InnovativeMind! my portfolio is www.deadstockstudios.com

I also use www.behance.net/deadstock to place some stuff as well. Awesome work by the way!

My super secret portfolio is also www.deadstockstudios.com/portfolio but shhhh keep it a secret!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm an Art Center College of Design grad!!
Although i was high for every class it was sure a blast for me. The school was really international, we had people from all over the world there. They also kept the amount of students they let in to an absolute minimum - not sure of that's the case today since they have two campuses now

Anyway, love design and illustration, photography and all those killer trades

I trained as a commercial filmmaker but could pick up design jobs just based on my alma mater!

What are your guys's design school alma maters?

Check out the student gallery here about half way down
http://www.artcenter.tedu

Cool fact about my school - they shot a bunch of movies there but the best is Escape From New York!

Here is Plisken with Lee Van Cleef in the photolab (the hottest chicks in school where in photo * that's a note for the kids out there)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Another cool movie fact about my school is the bad guy from In The Line of Fire, the John Malkovich character, in the story is a graduate of Art Center College of Design!! You know how Malkovich molded that weird gun out of resin - anyway

I think that's pretty cool

image.jpeg

I think they made the bad guy from my school was because we have the best automotive design in the world - your BMW's are designed by Art Center grads - and maybe also because of the fact the school ranked highest in suicides in the nation back in the day

I didn't kill myself cause i was smart enough to use my scholorship money for the best ganja ever :LOL:

Last edited:

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
I'm an Art Center College of Design grad!!
Although i was high for every class it was sure a blast for me. The school was really international, we had people from all over the world there. They also kept the amount of students they let in to an absolute minimum - not sure of that's the case today since they have two campuses now

Anyway, love design and illustration, photography and all those killer trades

I trained as a commercial filmmaker but could pick up design jobs just based on my alma mater!

What are your guys's design school alma maters?

Cool stuff bro! I love me some "snaaaaaaaaaake". Idk why, but I always imagine him through the whole movie just repeating his name whenever there's dialogue. Anyways, to answer your question, I too was a super duper high guy at my school, but I actually had design experience before actually attending. I graduated from HS in 05', learned computers, web design and graphic design as I was a illustrator first since I was a kid. Learned how to screen print, but after graduation, I didn't really have an idea of what I wanted to do.

Spent a good 5 yrs working for a bank while also doing freelance gigs for music artists designing album covers, promotional flyers that sorta thing. One day I was just totally tired of the bank job, and while working there, started working on a brand to develop. Shortly after not giving a hoot anymore about the bank, I was let go in a massive lay-off due to the recession (I worked for Bofa), and I wanted to do something that I wanted to do. So I decided to sign up for art school to see how my skills were in the design industry. Went to school at Art Institute of Hollywood (North Hollywood) and it wasn't actually that bad. Got A's, got to design all I wanted and got to learn amazing shit, but for me it was easy because a lot of the kids there had no business being there, so I found it easy to smoke on class breaks, come in and just zone into my work and take tests.

I graduated with an associates, I could've extended to a bachelors however I wanted to get out there and see what I could do (Gawd this is a long story) and started at Davis Elen Advertising doing stuff for McDonalds and GMC. Got bored with the production work and then got hired at the NFL Network for my illustration skills. Quickly became a Creative there and was in charge of 3 podcast shows (branding) and helping the NFL rebrand for NFL Now and Super Bowl 50. I've been at Hulu and PXL Bros on short term contracts but mostly I love helping companies find their look (branding) and I love doing apparel.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Cool stuff bro! I love me some "snaaaaaaaaaake". Idk why, but I always imagine him through the whole movie just repeating his name whenever there's dialogue. Anyways, to answer your question, I too was a super duper high guy at my school, but I actually had design experience before actually attending. I graduated from HS in 05', learned computers, web design and graphic design as I was a illustrator first since I was a kid. Learned how to screen print, but after graduation, I didn't really have an idea of what I wanted to do.

Spent a good 5 yrs working for a bank while also doing freelance gigs for music artists designing album covers, promotional flyers that sorta thing. One day I was just totally tired of the bank job, and while working there, started working on a brand to develop. Shortly after not giving a hoot anymore about the bank, I was let go in a massive lay-off due to the recession (I worked for Bofa), and I wanted to do something that I wanted to do. So I decided to sign up for art school to see how my skills were in the design industry. Went to school at Art Institute of Hollywood (North Hollywood) and it wasn't actually that bad. Got A's, got to design all I wanted and got to learn amazing crap, but for me it was easy because a lot of the kids there had no business being there, so I found it easy to smoke on class breaks, come in and just zone into my work and take tests.

I graduated with an associates, I could've extended to a bachelors however I wanted to get out there and see what I could do (Gawd this is a long story) and started at Davis Elen Advertising doing stuff for McDonalds and GMC. Got bored with the production work and then got hired at the NFL Network for my illustration skills. Quickly became a Creative there and was in charge of 3 podcast shows (branding) and helping the NFL rebrand for NFL Now and Super Bowl 50. I've been at Hulu and PXL Bros on short term contracts but mostly I love helping companies find their look (branding) and I love doing apparel.

Good stuff! Yes
It's all about that portfolio
Thanks for starting this thread
I was thinking we design freaks should rip off the new T-Shirt Sean McVay is wearing
I want this thing but can't find where to buy it

image.jpeg

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
Good stuff! Yes
It's all about that portfolio
Thanks for starting this thread
I was thinking we design freaks should rip off the new T-Shirt Sean McVay is wearing
I want this thing but can't find where to buy it

View attachment 19893

totally, yeah I can absolutely make this, in fact I have a ton of assets from the NFL still. LOL, all NFL Logos and all Logos (white version) where every NFL team logo was done in white. But yeah, this would be suuuuper easy.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
totally, yeah I can absolutely make this, in fact I have a ton of assets from the NFL still. LOL, all NFL Logos and all Logos (white version) where every NFL team logo was done in white. But yeah, this would be suuuuper easy.

Dooooooooooo iiiiiittttttttt. And hi :)

I went to middle school with Deadstock. Not that my word means much since I'm also a newb, but he's a fine young lad. And a terrific designer. And he has a wicked jump shot, but I take it people on a football board wouldn't care.

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
So I went through and illustrated the helmet out in several colors in case for the later stages. Started with this years current Blue/Whites and then went ahead and did the classic Blue/Yellow with Blue facemask and then the same but with the oldschool grey facemask (still have my family's old Rams whiskey glass with the grey facemask). Also went ahead and made a few tshirt mocks.

Rams_Helmet_BlueWhite.jpg
Rams_Helmet_BlueYellow_BlueFM.jpg
Rams_Helmet_BlueYellow_GreyFM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 8.02.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 8.02.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 8.02.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 8.02.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 8.02.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 8.02.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 8.03.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 8.03.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 8.03.29 PM.png

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
So I went through and illustrated the helmet out in several colors in case for the later stages. Started with this years current Blue/Whites and then went ahead and did the classic Blue/Yellow with Blue facemask and then the same but with the oldschool grey facemask (still have my family's old Rams whiskey glass with the grey facemask). Also went ahead and made a few tshirt mocks.

View attachment 19931 View attachment 19932 View attachment 19933 View attachment 19934 View attachment 19935 View attachment 19936 View attachment 19937 View attachment 19938 View attachment 19939 View attachment 19940 View attachment 19941 View attachment 19942

Best part of this is CHOICES!!

So many choices, and they're all the right choice.

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
So it's been awhile since I've done some dedicated Deadstock "BatBoy" stuff. BatBoy is a character of my brand in which I do illustrations of him playing sports, or doing things related to how I'm feeling. This one was a sketch I had drawn awhile back but never fully illustrated out
Bat_Boy_Rams_Sketch.JPG
BatBoy_Rams_Classic_80s.jpg
BatBoy_Rams_Classic.jpg