The Defense needs to help Gurley!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
They need to help him win the OROY. If they can make it a rough game for Winston it will surely help Gurley win Rookie of the Year. Winston seems to be his main competition at this point and I would love to see him throw a few picks on Thursday.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Major beat down and about 1500 rushing is the only way Gurley Ram jumps Winston in the voting

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Major beat down and about 1500 rushing is the only way Gurley Ram jumps Winston in the voting

I fail to see how that is. Winston has been good but his numbers aren't crazy. Gurley is a media darling. His yards per game and YPC is incredibly impressive and he is a human highlight reel. This is a prime game and if Gurley shines and Winston struggles I think most voters would go with Gurley.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Winston is 25th in QB rating, 17th in yards, at his position.

Gurley is 4th in yds rushing, 4th yds per game, 2nd yds per carry, despite missing the first 3 games.

I'd say Gurley is very much in this. Heck, Amari Cooper could be the bigger threat.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
The defence has 4 starters out for the year and couple more nursing injuries so advantage Winston.But if Donald and that front line can pressure him enough he may throw a couple picks.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Winston is 25th in QB rating, 17th in yards, at his position.

Gurley is 4th in yds rushing, 4th yds per game, 2nd yds per carry, despite missing the first 3 games.

I'd say Gurley is very much in this. Heck, Amari Cooper could be the bigger threat.

Cooper's production has dipped lately. He hasn't had a touchdown in 5 weeks and didn't get a single catch or yard against the Broncos this past week. His first 9 games he was averaging 81 YPG but in the past 4 he has averaged 47. I think Winston is the biggest threat to take it from TG3.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Wow, neither are threats. TG2 all the way!!!! OROY, maybe even ROY?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I fail to see how that is. Winston has been good but his numbers aren't crazy. Gurley is a media darling. His yards per game and YPC is incredibly impressive and he is a human highlight reel. This is a prime game and if Gurley shines and Winston struggles I think most voters would go with Gurley.
Winston is a QB that gives him a huge bias in the voting and, he was the #1 pick in the draft.