The deepest of deep thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I drive a truck for a living so it gives me plenty of time to think about the world around me. I've had some pretty insane deep thoughts. So I wondered what you guys think about when you're in the insane asylum part of your brain.

Today I was looking at a group of flies that were attracted to light. All I could think about is what it would be like to be one. Do they think? Feel? Wonder? Dream? If reincarnation is real, can you come back as a fly? Or even a different species? Would you just comeback as human? I promise I'm not on drugs. Just really, really bored. And these crazy thoughts invade my mind and it makes you wonder and want to explore all aspects of life, you know?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hey, it's not crazy. I've wondered what it would be like to be a moth near a lamp or a dragonfly on a lilypad. I've wondered what it would be like to be to be a tree, to be moss, or a mushroom. I've wondered what it would be like to be a part of the Grand Canyon or the St. Louis Arch. I've wondered what it would be like to be an automaton, ever since Five Nights at Freddy's came out and even before that. Hell, I've even wondered what it would be like to be pixels in a video game because I play Pokemon - and Nuzlockes, in particular - a ton.

Wanting to explore new perspectives doesn't make you crazy. It makes you wise.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey, it's not crazy. I've wondered what it would be like to be a moth near a lamp or a dragonfly on a lilypad. I've wondered what it would be like to be to be a tree, to be moss, or a mushroom. I've wondered what it would be like to be a part of the Grand Canyon or the St. Louis Arch. I've wondered what it would be like to be an automaton, ever since Five Nights at Freddy's came out and even before that. Hell, I've even wondered what it would be like to be pixels in a video game because I play Pokemon - and Nuzlockes, in particular - a ton.

Wanting to explore new perspectives doesn't make you crazy. It makes you wise.
Yeah like, do things like trees actually have life? I mean, obviously we see them and they help us breath but are they there for us or are we there for them? I never thought about the pixels thing. I feel like just because we built something that's supposedly inanimate doesn't mean it's not alive. A Nintendo 3DS is just a robot right? Maybe not one that can move and adapt but it technically functions like one.

fearsomefour

Legend
I wonder about the multi layers of reality. We perceive only certain things in our world and life. The varying levels of reality compounded by time and experience, means what exactly?
As an old song questioned, Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours....
Sadly the best way to appreciate small things is to lose big ones.

bluecoconuts

Legend
There's a theory that says alien life hasn't visited Earth because they are so much smarter they don't even see what we do as thought. Think about when you see a worm on the ground, most don't stop and wonder what the worm is thinking, and you certainly wouldn't want to try to connect with it.

An alien species might be so advanced that when they look at us we're nothing but worms to them. Not even worth the effort.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's a theory that says alien life hasn't visited Earth because they are so much smarter they don't even see what we do as thought. Think about when you see a worm on the ground, most don't stop and wonder what the worm is thinking, and you certainly wouldn't want to try to connect with it.

An alien species might be so advanced that when they look at us we're nothing but worms to them. Not even worth the effort.
image.jpg

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
I drive a truck for a living so it gives me plenty of time to think about the world around me. I've had some pretty insane deep thoughts. So I wondered what you guys think about when you're in the insane asylum part of your brain.

Today I was looking at a group of flies that were attracted to light. All I could think about is what it would be like to be one. Do they think? Feel? Wonder? Dream? If reincarnation is real, can you come back as a fly? Or even a different species? Would you just comeback as human? I promise I'm not on drugs. Just really, really bored. And these crazy thoughts invade my mind and it makes you wonder and want to explore all aspects of life, you know?
Timothy Leary and his followers used to do this a lot in the 60's..