The Curse of #13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Bernie says we're cursed. well where's the curse come from? the curse came into being after the front office had the audacity to cut Warner in 2004. since then no winning seasons for the rams like the curse of the great bambino

RamGal

UDFA
Bernie says we're cursed. well where's the curse come from? the curse came into being after the front office had the audacity to cut Warner in 2004. since then no winning seasons for the rams like the curse of the great bambino

This quote is ridiculous. The same thing was said by Rams FO people when Trent Green went down in '99. NO team is cursed. The organization plans ahead based on certain scenarios they create in the offseason. The scenario created by THIS FO was that Sam would recover from his ACL and play this season. Right, wrong, or indifferent, this is what they planned and they acted accordingly. Could anyone realistically have predicted Sam would injure the same ACL in preseason? While it was possible, it was not this FO believed would happen.

Sam Bradford was destined to fail from the beginning. The old regime drafted a franchise qb when there was no real team to surround the franchise qb. They didn't even give him a legitimate #1, despite having a number of opportunities to do so. They put him behind an unstable line for years.

Fisher and Snead inherited the Bradford situation, and his cap hit, and decided to build the defense (which was easier to fix) first. Now, that they've tried to upgrade the offense, Sam is too beaten down to play anymore. One has to really question if Bradford ever really healed from any of his injuries, before he returned to playing again. I'm not a medical professional, but I know from personal experience that once a body part is injured, other body parts start to over-compensate. This extra stress causes the other body parts to be more prone to injury, as was the case with DX and Danny Amendola. It's my guess this is what happened to Sam too.

I feel bad for Sam, but it's time for him to move on from the Rams and for the Rams to move on from him. Nothing good is going to come of this relationship anymore. From everything I've heard, Sam has a great support system with his family. I'll sure his parents will help me make the right decision for himself. He can go back to OK and be active in Sooner football, or do whatever else he wants.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
This quote is ridiculous. The same thing was said by Rams FO people when Trent Green went down in '99. NO team is cursed. The organization plans ahead based on certain scenarios they create in the offseason. The scenario created by THIS FO was that Sam would recover from his ACL and play this season. Right, wrong, or indifferent, this is what they planned and they acted accordingly. Could anyone realistically have predicted Sam would injure the same ACL in preseason? While it was possible, it was not this FO believed would happen.

Sam Bradford was destined to fail from the beginning. The old regime drafted a franchise qb when there was no real team to surround the franchise qb. They didn't even give him a legitimate #1, despite having a number of opportunities to do so. They put him behind an unstable line for years.

Fisher and Snead inherited the Bradford situation, and his cap hit, and decided to build the defense (which was easier to fix) first. Now, that they've tried to upgrade the offense, Sam is too beaten down to play anymore. One has to really question if Bradford ever really healed from any of his injuries, before he returned to playing again. I'm not a medical professional, but I know from personal experience that once a body part is injured, other body parts start to over-compensate. This extra stress causes the other body parts to be more prone to injury, as was the case with DX and Danny Amendola. It's my guess this is what happened to Sam too.

I feel bad for Sam, but it's time for him to move on from the Rams and for the Rams to move on from him. Nothing good is going to come of this relationship anymore. From everything I've heard, Sam has a great support system with his family. I'll sure his parents will help me make the right decision for himself. He can go back to OK and be active in Sooner football, or do whatever else he wants.

Well put. My thoughts exactly.